Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please no fast travel!
10-28-2007, 01:42 AM,

Johnny, could I make 2 suggestions here: Wink

- I don't think it's a good idea to incorporate a full Fast Travel disabler in a Vvardenfell recreation mod any more than it's a good idea to incorporate vanilla bug fixes, land retextures or more realistic ragdolls. It goes way beyond the main purpose of the such a project. Players like modularity and I'm no different. If you really want to add this feature, I suggest you release it as a seperate mod because there's absolutely no reason to merge it. Maybe people will still want Fast Travel in Cyrodiil. For those who don't, it's optional. Luckily, the new travel network will reduce the temptation in Vvardenfell at least.

- Players usually don't like having to type stuff in the console just to regain access to a fully legitimate feature. It's not user friendly. This isn't about laziness, it's about immersion breaking. The console was intended mainly for game developers and modders.
Co-leader of Project Solstheim-Vvardenfell-Mournhold
Experienced Modders Welcomed to Join
sovvmteam@yahoo.com
10-28-2007, 02:12 AM,

Yeah, i'd have to agree. if someone wants to use a fast travel disabler, they'll do it themselves. MW's definitely got to include guild travel, striders, ect. Even if the striders don't move in the first iteration.

Oh, and don't have every strider port access every town, and don't have a mages guild teleport in every town. I saw a realistic fast travel mod for oblivion that did that, and it was just stupid, because you could just go the distance all at once. It was fun to have to take a strider up to balmora, and then get on another one up to Ald Ruhn, forced you to see a lot of places.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-28-2007, 12:14 PM,

I'd have to disagree with the Mages Guild teleportation. In Morrowind you could use guild guides from any guild hall to any guild hall. This is pretty realistic as there's no logical reason why teleportation could work for guild hall X but not for Y. It isn't a problem because there aren't halls in every city.
Co-leader of Project Solstheim-Vvardenfell-Mournhold
Experienced Modders Welcomed to Join
sovvmteam@yahoo.com
10-28-2007, 02:26 PM,

oh i know that, i'm just saying that in oblivion, there's a guild hall in every city, and it pissed me off that with this one travel mod, you could visit any of them.

And i'm also just saying, don't have any 1 transport system be universal- force the player to go from city to city. I'd go so far as to say that we should bundle a fast travel disabler mod with this, and highly recommend it's use.

Basically, stick to good old TES3 transport, and everything'll be fine, which is probably exactly what you were going to do anyways.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-28-2007, 03:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Basically, stick to good old TES3 transport, and everything'll be fine, which is probably exactly what you were going to do anyways.

I really like the TES3 transport :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
12-03-2007, 03:08 PM,

Thread Closed. Fast-Travel will be included in a seperate esp for those who want it.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]