Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledge of the Lizard King
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM,

Woot!

:banana: :hugall:

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-14-2009, 11:55 AM,

Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow

I haven't been here for very long but I'd very much like to see this mod completed. My recent decision to become more involved in the CS work was because of this, and also because I have lots of time on my hands.

I'll of course offer my assitance with the VA work when it comes to that.

Anyway, cheers to the BM team and I hope to see the spirit keep on going strong!
10-14-2009, 03:59 PM,

Thanks, Xae. Your increased involvement is very much welcome! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-24-2009, 11:31 PM,

I revoked the membership of Shreddz and Favill as they've not contributed anything nor have I heard from them in a very long time. It's nothing personal but I expect that when people join the project, they're prepared to actually do a bit of work from time to time.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-09-2010, 08:41 PM,

Just a quick point that belongs here on this thread:

How do people feel about changing the way we work slightly?

For a while now, I've been hoping to get the creatures in-game and this is now rapidly becoming a reality with the pathgrids appearing in the completed landscapes. This moves us on to the questing stage.

During this stage, normal modding can take place as usual but the quest modders have the opportunity to call the shots a little more. Therefore, if they wish to set something up in Soulrest, for example, they should be able to request that a particular interior is created along with who and what they want to appear within it. Besides this, with a stronger questing plan we can bring in other modders who work in other areas. Therefore, specific scripts and the like are requested and these specific items will be developed with a clear purpose in mind.

We may run aground if some things are still missing but this does, at least, offer us a little more than merely grafting away on settlement interiors.

For this to work, I'll need quest modders to set up outline plans for the Factions. The quest modders must be aware of things that are in development so that these things feature in their plans and make the most of them. But the outline plans need only be fairly basic (they're outlines, after all) but it should give us something to work with. With the outlines laid out then we'll set this phase in motion. In the meantime, just mod as usual.

What do people think of this?
03-11-2010, 12:00 AM,

I'm no quest maker, but if it means that people will need certain modeled or animated items for certain quests and interiors, then I guess that is ok with me. After all, the worst I can do is decline their request. I'm still backlogged with previous promised work, though, so overly complicated models/animations will probably be declined by me until I finish a lot of what I have left to do.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM,

I am browsing the forums every day, but alas, I can't do enough modding these days.. Especially in the CS, as I have all Oblivion and BM files f*cked up pretty bad.
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM,

I like the idea, especially have specific required scripts that are focused on one thing. Quest scripting is generally easier too Big Grin

Should make things alittle more interesting around here :goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-11-2010, 05:07 PM,

Good good. I just wanted to give people a little more power. It sometimes feels like I'm the only one really controlling things around here and I'd like to give others a little more power so that they can really allow their creative abilities a bit of freedom.

Any other thoughts on this suggestion above: Pledge of the Lizard King ?
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Any other thoughts on this suggestion above: Pledge of the Lizard King ?
As long as they get some major list threads going for each area, with detailed information on all the quests that are added. Which NPCs and interiors/exteriors are involved as well as a summary of what the quest entails. This will help getting a good spread of quest across the zones and eliminating repetition (f.i. too many fetch quests in one area).

Once the writing really gets along, it's imperative that you can easily find the quest you're looking for. First posts in quest threads need to be updated. The quest I posted, The I In Team, has a lot of important discussion that isn't in the first post. This can not be, as it'd be a pain to have to sift through every discussion to find out what's the most up to date information.

Come to think of it, a PBWorks wiki would work much better than this forum as it has templates and some other really time-saving features. I don't know if any of you are familiar with them?