Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledge of the Lizard King
03-11-2010, 06:38 PM,

Any Faction quest modders who are ready, willing and able to really take control of the Faction quests can be granted administrator priveleges and access to the core team.

We do have a core team (and an exclusive core team members' board). We just don't really use it anymore...

Anyway, what you suggest should be made possible by granting moderation priveleges and then just updating OPs.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM,

BMM removed from the team roster as detailed here: [Chasepoint/Kulu-Hees Quest] - Frogchild .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
06-09-2010, 07:44 PM,

This is just a message to say that I looked over the esm recently and discovered that there really isn't that much to do before the beta version is released. Most of it is now creating missions. However, I thought it would be useful if I create a list of some of the major jobs at this stage as far as I see them. I have put them in order of priority and what worries me the most at this stage:
  • 1 - Questing (everything to do!)
    2 - Completing interiors and AI for the beta regions: (Soulrest, much of Gideon and a few other settlements remain to be done).
    3 - Completing landscaping for the beta regions: (one jungle claim and two relatively easy Parchlands and Darkmoor claims each).
    4 - Adding more dungeons: (more adaptations of Edolsian's work can be merged, my own and Deeza's dungeons finished but it will still be best if we have approximately 8 more...of varying sizes and preferably unique to BM).
    5 - Completing border regions: (landscaping not needed for these regions at the beta stage and as long as I have the modelling team developing the final items then I can handle this, no problem).
    6 - Admin: Finishing the diseases, adding properties to flora and custom items in generic containers (I've asked brucevayne and he may be able to clear up the diseases - no pun intended. Otherwise, these admin tasks take a little research and development of, I reckon, about a day's work).

Everything else, like rootworm travel scripts, extra models and so on are micro tasks - very useful and necessary but not as time-consuming. If Deeza, Koniption and I can get some committed support in these areas from other dormant team members then we can really push forward. A release before Christmas would certainly not be out of the question!

Come on, team BM! Let's move! I may have to start sending out PMs to recall people...another burst of energy would do us a lot of good.
06-09-2010, 10:57 PM,

Don't know that I can be much help with these priorities - but I will audit and clean the speedtrees in time for the release. From each according to his ability an' all that....
Morcroft Darkes
06-10-2010, 02:15 PM,

From that list I suppose I can help review any type of writing as well as contribute some myself.

Though, isn't there a ton of VA work to do, as well?
06-10-2010, 04:33 PM,

You mean voicework? I'd put that under the "great it we could have it, not a problem if we don't" category myself. I'd be happy to help out with some of that, but I don't think it should be high priority right now.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
06-10-2010, 06:26 PM,

I want to voiceact too. Wink
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
06-10-2010, 09:38 PM,

Yes, it classically falls under the category as stated by Deeza. The bottom line is that without the quests, there will be no voice acting. As you know, it was my original trade around the Oblivion forums so I'll happily chip in but I think it would be fun to have contributions from as many of us as possible. So yeah Catlemur, you'd be welcome when we reach that stage.

I may be able to transfer the complete voice sets I created for ST (Khajiit, Nord and UC/LC Imperial) and we will certainly have the unique companion, Anaster Marrowmir so it's not going to be totally bare even at this stage. I'll just need help to implement it. I'm not keen on doing ALL the grunt work.
06-10-2010, 10:16 PM,

As far as I see it, BM would be so barren without voiced characters. Naturally, all writing should be done before any VA (voice acting) is attempted.

There are some ways in which we can drastically cut down on the voice work, such as scrapping the random NPC-to-NPC conversations and not including voice for every single character you meet. Some could simply say "Hello" when you activate them, without initiating a conversation. In other words, not every NPC has things to say to you.
06-10-2010, 10:22 PM,

True. This is partly the reason I haven't bothered myself with adding dialogue to NPCs so far.