Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Positions and Sign-ups
07-23-2007, 05:17 PM,

Okay, I can do the jungle cats, and the bear...but the fish is going to be difficult.
I dont actually know how to model, all I know how to do is piece together stuff in nifSkope.
If you can send me a model, or have someone else do it, then I'll do a retexture. Or I can try to make a model.
I'll try, but no promises.
I'll start working today, and I'll post screens as I go along.
Thanks!
-Tlo-
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-23-2007, 07:11 PM,

I believe either windsurfer of OblivionMon are involved in the AliveWaters mod which contains several fish if I am not mistaken, so if you're looking for a models you may wish to contact them.
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
07-23-2007, 11:12 PM,

cool, I'll contact them.
07-30-2007, 07:00 PM,

Tlo asked me to help out here, so I figured this would be the best place to drop in and say that I will create some new Trees for you in .spt, if you can provide me with a description/pictures of what you want, and textures for the tree.
07-30-2007, 07:14 PM,

Great!
Thanks Siegfried!
I'd ask KuKulzA when he gets on.
But, if you feel like it, I'd go over into concept art page, and make some.
07-31-2007, 10:41 AM,

I know for certain that some nice .swampy mangrove trees are needed for the south of black marsh. And I haven't asked Ku, but I'd really like to see some weeping willows... maybe a bit greener than the one in that pic...

Thanks (in advance)

Edd
07-31-2007, 04:52 PM,

Weeping willows are doable easily, mangroves not so much-- if you want mangroves you're best off modeling them yourself, because what speedtree can produce is going to low quality and have a ridiculously high polygon count.
07-31-2007, 05:35 PM,
Just curious...
Any rough guidelines as to which trees are possible or practical in SpeedTree? The only thing I know is that fronds are right out. Smile

Steve
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Weeping willows are doable easily, mangroves not so much-- if you want mangroves you're best off modeling them yourself, because what speedtree can produce is going to low quality and have a ridiculously high polygon count.

That means doing model variations... which means lots of work... damned mangroves...

Can models be imported into speedtree? I mean if I made say... 5 basic variations of the manrgrove could SpeedTree make size variations in the way it does for vanilla? Or would the mangrove forest have to be hand-placed?

Edd

(bit off-topipc now... nevermind)
11-24-2007, 07:08 PM,

I can help placeing models, If you'd like