Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Quests MISC
07-14-2005, 10:56 AM,
Oh woe is me!
As much as Id love to put this one together I lack the ability. I dont have 3 bright and colourful hummingbirds (they'd have to be animated - that would make them activators? Or maybe some type of creature?) Regardless, I have no idea how to contact the talented Abot. His/her site doesnt seem to have a means to contact him/her on :eek: Then there would need to be a NPC or a book (or something) that informs the player of the quest he/she may partake on... something has to give a clue! :yes: I just came up with the idea... but if some one were to put the idea together Id very much like to include it in my personal world of Tamriel (wouldnt it be great to have it as an add-on to the Silgrad Tower Mod for Oblivion?). Silgrad Tower exclusive :]
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-14-2005, 03:24 PM,
RE: Oh woe is me!
Quote:Originally posted by Sebastien (CNA)
As much as Id love to put this one together I lack the ability. I dont have 3 bright and colourful hummingbirds (they'd have to be animated - that would make them activators? Or maybe some type of creature?) Regardless, I have no idea how to contact the talented Abot. His/her site doesnt seem to have a means to contact him/her on :eek:

You could try clicking the Email link on his forum profile.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-19-2005, 05:59 PM,

Since we can get the Radiant AI to do things, perhaps you make someone mad (like Gaenor, don't do something for him, etc.) he hires a team of assassins that actually track you down.
These forums taste almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.
12-30-2005, 09:19 AM,

It's been awhile since this discussion ended. I'm sure there are more gems tucked away on the old quest forum we could use for Oblivion?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM,
RE: Possible Quests MISC
Hey! Nice findings! Silgrad Tower could use those ideas for misc quests!
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-13-2006, 06:57 AM,

hmm...quests?cool!I wish to write some.But i dunno C++.I only know pascal and delphy Sad
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-13-2006, 12:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
hmm...quests?cool!I wish to write some.But i dunno C++.I only know pascal and delphy Sad

You don't need to know C++ to write quests. All you really need to know is how to write a story. Wink
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-13-2006, 03:03 PM,

Oh..hehe...where can I write one? Smile
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
01-13-2006, 03:42 PM,

We have a board called Quest Discussion, where members can post quest drafts. A quest draft is a design guide of sorts where you write out how the quest will work, which characters it involves, and so on, with the intent of the quest being added to Silgrad Tower: Oblivion when the time comes.

To create the actual quest later on doesn't necessarily have to require any knowledge of scripting. That's just if you want to include behavior or effects that the game isn't pre-programmed to handle. Since the quest system has been overhauled in TES IV compared to its predecessor I imagine the need for scripting will be lesser next time around, since many features that previously required system can now be handled through Construction Set options.
Angel mired in filth
01-13-2006, 03:43 PM,

WOW so basically you say, if someone has an idea, he can tell you. :yes:
Am I right?
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)