Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible quest?
11-25-2005, 08:58 PM,
Possible quest?
First off, this is just an idea for a quest. I'm not on the Dev team, nor do I have any modding skills.

In Morrowind there was a Mages Guild quest for the Balmora chapter where you had to convince an ex-Telvanni to join the Guild and make a member pay up Guild dues. This doesn't really concern the ex-Telvanni so much, but the Mage who had to pay up said she was experimenting with "Oblivion Streams" and there were a bunch of Daedra prowling around in her cave. I think it'd be pretty cool if you went back to that cave and found a portal to Oblvion opened up, this could possible serve as a rescue mission for the Mage, or just a good old fashioned Daedra killing.

Just an idea, feel free to use it if you want. I really like the idea of this mod and I hope you guys end up finishing it!
11-25-2005, 10:29 PM,
RE: Possible quest?
Sounds good, that's all I have to say.....
Damn Nation! No donation, NO SALVATION.
I'm a proud Forumstomte

So much to do, So little time...
11-26-2005, 03:32 AM,

hello, firstly welcome!
Secondly, it's a good idea... I personally have thought of several similar things...
In TES4 Oblivion, the portals to Nirn/Oblivion (depending on where your coming from) are opened on a large scale...but after they are closed, it doesn't mean a skilled conjurer can't create summon one....
I have already planned some to open up...part of the main quest (not yet fully revealed)... and also a few ideas for them in small quests. Your idea is a very good one...
in my opinion, Daedric cults (like Mythic Dawn) will be disappointed that the Daedric Princes will not succeed. Therefore scattered appearances of summonings will be not unheard of since many cultists probably wish to bring back the Daedra....

so thanks you Yupchagi, good quest idea :yes:!
11-27-2005, 01:38 AM,

Thanks, KuKulzA...and I like the idea of having scatterd parts of the Mythic Dawn still around.
11-27-2005, 06:39 AM,

Not acutally in the theme of the thread, what will you be bale to summon once the Oblivion is closed? If I am nopt mistaken some of the summons were from the Oblivion?
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
11-27-2005, 07:02 PM,

well, summoning from Oblivion involves asking a Daedra to come into Nirn, with a little assistance from the summoner... OR you could forcefully summon one...

but in TES4 Oblivion... the Daedra are busting in via portals and ripping apart soldiers and villagers and stuff....
11-28-2005, 08:59 PM,

I mean, what will happen to the summoning spells once you close the Jaws of Oblivion?
11-28-2005, 09:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Arbiter
I mean, what will happen to the summoning spells once you close the Jaws of Oblivion?
Most likely nothing. The gates weren't open in Morrowind or any preceding game, yet you could still summon Daedra. I think summoning invokes its own portal to a certain realm just long enough for the creature to come to you, and when time has expired, it goes back through it's own gateway. I think... ?(
The Encyclopaedia Oblivionicus Online All the information for TES IV, at your fingertips
-
TES IV: Vvardenfell Bringing Morrowind back to you
11-29-2005, 01:31 AM,

I think so.... just the Oblivion portals are large scale invasionary summoned gates that the Daedra use to bust into Nirn
12-01-2005, 08:45 PM,

Perhaps, but they had to make some effect on global level, right?