Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerful Drugs
04-01-2007, 11:45 PM,
Powerful Drugs
I just made these up...

Sukostash
A mix of Somnalius Fern and Blue Moss conveniently produces an intoxicating drug. While it drains most of the attributes of the ingestor, it does prevent them from losing fatigue. However, this is not particularly helpful since one cannot easily run under the effects of the drug, though certain folks have used speed spells in conjunction with this drug to allow extremely fast travel. This drug is snorted in using a specially made dish with two nose-prongs called a Sukostash Dish.

Scholar's Herb
The combination of Drowsy Mold and Stinkhorns apparently reverse the sleeping effects and prevent the user from resting or sleeping for some time. However their magicka is increased greatly. It is often used by less moral scholars, savants, and mages to boost their energy as they prepare for an examination or research. This drug is wrapped in edible leaves and chewed.

Glukkaweed
This drug is an extract from common marsh grasses with glow molds added. It makes the user high, however too many smokes rots the brains and takes many many days for recovery. Somehow, it seems the luck of the user is greater, though their willpower, intelligence, agility, and personality become totally drained. This is smoked through a Glukka-pipe.

Swamp Amber
Though innocently named, this drug is a very powerful one. What it really does is terribly reduce your health but make you hyperactive. Suddenly you feel more agile, fast, and never tired. However in makes you very weak mentally and irritable. These small amber 'stones' are highly addictive and expensive.

maybe we can make it so that drugs can have an addictive effect on the player...
so perhaps it depends on willpower. A high willpower means less likely hooked and a lower one means it will be addictive. And to make it fair it would take a high willpower (90+) not to be addicted to the drug since these drugs are very powerful. When addicted people will dislike you and you need to seek rehab at places like a Nine Divines Mission or at the Lilmoth Hospital, or seek a tribal shaman who can clean your body of unhealthiness....
if you are addicted maybe the drugs no longer have drains-and-boosts but your attributes will drain everyday without drugs and in order to stay in shape you will be force to have drugs. Of course being healed takes time and isn't easy either. So a hooked player might decide to get into the criminal underworld to be able to have a steady flow of drugs. And maybe some drugs (with higher addictiveness) require more of them or whatever...
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM,

I have one. No name, but it's skooma smuggled in from Elsweyr mixed with Hist sap to make a near lethal, very very very VERY powerful drug.
Lol what?
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I have one. No name, but it's skooma smuggled in from Elsweyr mixed with Hist sap to make a near lethal, very very very VERY powerful drug.
thats sin... Big Grin

mix cocaine with a god's piss and thats what you get

hmm... "vabazeri" in Khajiiti means to be... "meht" in Hist-Argonian means cracker :lol: so maybe...
"vabazerimeht" is to be a cracker! :lmao:
Khajiit and Argonians use the two most powerful substances and become crackers Big Grin

very nice...

any thoughts on addictions? the good? the bad? the ugly? Wink
toned down or made worse? addiction is very real, esp. when there are drugs
04-03-2007, 12:40 AM,

Well, people use Skooma, people can drink hist sap, why not? God's piss or not so long as it makes people feel awesome.
Lol what?
04-03-2007, 02:14 AM,

Addiction sounds like a good idea. Another thing to include is random passing out after several days with no drugs. Just pass out and wake up in some random town, simulating memory loss and fainting spells resulting from withdrawal.

It would be interesting also to have hallucinations... prehaps do it in a similar fashion to the fighters guild quest with the hist sap, except have it be much much stranger. Giant bananas for houses and whatnot. Could get pretty interesting, and prehaps afterwards the townsfolk will tell you funny stories about your stoned ramblings.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-03-2007, 02:45 AM,

great idea!

since Black Marsh is a unique and backwards land, why not allow interesting gameplay?

killer diseases, weary traveling, addictive drugs, martial arts, using a canoe... YAY! :goodjob:

:lol: awesome, just awesome
04-03-2007, 03:14 AM,

I belive Lap's inebriation mod would be a good base to build from. It already allows for passing out after consuming too many beers, and puts a haze on your vision when drunk. Just ramp up the effects 10x and you've got drugs. Of course you'd have to expand on that to hallucinate, random teleportation when passed out, ect.

Another idea is to have items of small value inexplicably missing. It'd be fun to wake up with no pants, but if those pants are ebony or daedric it'd be less amusing.

Non-addiction related hangovers can also make an appearance. Prehaps it'll be possible to replicate all the fun effects of drugs! I think permanent diseases resulting from drug use would be a bit cruel though. That's the only problem, is drawing the line between realism and enjoyability.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-03-2007, 03:44 AM,

definitely

when we are just about done brainstorming I'll make a compilation of drugs / alcohol and its effects and we'll discuss that to make sure we got it all down :yes:
04-08-2007, 05:40 PM,

Just an idea: I have a script that increase the camera field of view, which simulates the visual deformation of some drugs. Just type "fov 120" (or more) in the console to have an idea of what it looks like.

It also gives the feeling to move faster (I did the script to create a kind of high speed spell), so it may be suitable for the swamp amber. I can make different versions of the effect, from soft to heavy. The only problem is that the script requires oblivion script extender to work.
04-08-2007, 05:52 PM,

that sounds very helpful... maybe we can plan out the different requirements for the effects of the drugs? if you can help me out, we can chart out its effects over time and keep it feasible... some things are harder to make happen than others