Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress?
08-12-2006, 10:21 PM,
Progress?
I was just wondering if a significant amount of actual modding (not just planning and discussion) has occured yet? It seems like there's a whole lot of talking but not alot of doing. This mod has a really great idea and alot of potential, but I hope that's not all it will have.
08-12-2006, 10:24 PM,

they have been modeling we need lots and lots of models that just are not in the game, before any major progress will be made also they need a hight map but i think someone is working on it.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
08-12-2006, 10:31 PM,

A mod on this grand a scale NEEDS a whole lot of talking before a whole lot of doing takes place. Particularly given some of the inconveniences that the CS has put in front of modders.

If there's just a whole lot of doing without conferring with each other, settling on ideas, getting the plans in line, setting up questlines that make sense, etc., it will cause an utter mess... And I think the idea here is to NOT make Vvardenfell into another Cyrodiil. Tongue
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
08-12-2006, 10:35 PM,

Word, thanks alot I was just curious as to how things were going.
08-12-2006, 10:38 PM,

From the looks of things, it'd seem they'll be ready to start modding once the heightmap is done. That said, I'm not core, so I don't know the details of the progress. Heck, I'm more over with the Elsweyr/Aldmeris crowds than this one. Tongue So don't take my view on this project's progress as fact.
Your monkeys dance on the Tower and the stars change and you do not remember.
08-12-2006, 10:54 PM,

We have enough plans for the Bitter Coast...
once landmass issues are sorted out... (and we have Dwemer and Dunmer Stronghold tilesets) we can start no problem... and though it may seem to you that it was all been a lot of talk and no work... the more people participating means things get discussed faster and more thoroughly... and I feel sorry for those who return a long time later and complain no work is done when their own consistency has been questionable...

it's not even you Yupchagi, just in general, plenty of people who SAID they'd help... I was naive about TES modding.
08-13-2006, 07:23 PM,

This isnt going to be quick. We have to stick to lore, while reinventing it, while keeping it from being dull, and making it true to tes:3.... its a bitch
08-13-2006, 10:19 PM,

Well that's good news about the Bitter Coast. I'm assuming you'll be releasing Vvardenfell as a whole only and not individual sections?

Unfortunately I have just about no skill whatsoever with the Construction Set so I can't really help much with this, or any, mod. Maybe I'll get my feet wet with a tutorial on the Construction Set Wiki one of these days.

Well, keep up the good work!
08-13-2006, 10:51 PM,

it is true that lots of prelim work has to be done for this mod, but getting actually tangible work done as soon as possible can help spark people's interest in the mod, gaining more individuals to work, and showing progress can ignite a spark to make current team members work harder and more passionatly. Seeing something being made motivates more than just talking about it. Like Reich Parkeep gained tons of popularity for the mod, because people saw actual work being done, and that showed the the mod can be finished before the popularity of oblivion dwindles too much.

I just state this so that if there is any progress or modding that can be done, even just like interiors of a town or fort that we know we need, we should start doing that. Claims and things could be made for random dugenous and tombs as well..
08-15-2006, 01:25 AM,

Well another team has already made Caldera - http://www.tessource.net/files/cache/4151.html

Perhaps we could do something like that where we make a city or two for people to visit? I mean we at least have the necessary architecture and whatnot to be able to make Seyda Neen right? Just make them seperate little worldspaces that people can teleport to from Cyrodil until we have the actual continent of Vvardenfell made.

PS: What ever happened to the Morrowind Imports shop? Did that ever get released?
- Brett the Cryonaut
Head of creature-development for TES4: Vvardenfell
- & -
Owner / Maintainer of Morrowind-Mods.org
http://www.morrowind-mods.org