Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress report?
11-13-2008, 01:08 PM,
Progress report?
What kind of progress are we making?
11-13-2008, 05:25 PM,

We need to make a preset list for the landscapes of the island (links to instructions were posted by Sandor on your co-operation thread).

Then we can get someone to do the region generation for us. Once that's done, we're halfway there.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-13-2008, 11:38 PM,

Have all the issues with the heightmap been resolved?

I did read that information on a preset list, but I'm not real sure how to go about doing that. If someone can explain it to me I will try to do it.
11-17-2008, 07:38 PM,

This is one area where I am really out of my depth.
11-17-2008, 10:27 PM,

I would suggest that we let Ibsen's Ghost take a look at it, once he's finished with Black Marsh.

Until then, in the spirit of the cooperation Ysne was talking about earlier, would anyone be interested in helping out with Elseweyr?

There used to be a lot of Akaviri living there, so it would be a good place to exercise your talents whilst we wait for the heightmap to be fixed/

11-18-2008, 12:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
Have all the issues with the heightmap been resolved?

I did read that information on a preset list, but I'm not real sure how to go about doing that. If someone can explain it to me I will try to do it.

I know the ghist of the Region editor and may give things a go this week (Yep, i'm almost finished with my 16 hours of examinations Smile).

My best recommendation for now is to seriously have a go at generating a small area. If your after a very basic intro to the Region Gen, Sacryn has posted a tutorial at Oblivions Real Estate- http://ljosa.proboards57.com/index.cgi?b...hread=1765

but you'll have to sign up to access it (btw, you can find me at this forum too). Else, just follow sandor's or the guides at CSwiki.

Just a note, the preset list can take a while, even longer if you dont have a rough idea of what type of region you want. Hence i'd like to ask this-

[Is this just a basic/template region fill in? and additional edits will be made on top? ie- the bamboo forest region may be filled in with a standard forest for now and then we manually install the bamboo when we get the actual bamboo files themselves.]

[I'm going to attempt to dedicate as much of my time possible on Akavir and the other BC projects before I continue my other 3 modding projects, 1 of which i've been working on for almost a year]
11-18-2008, 08:26 AM,

To answer your question, we were hoping to make the forest entirely from unique flora, only part of which is the bamboo.

Do you know of a way to do this?

Otherwise, could be do a search and replace once the generation is done?

11-18-2008, 12:09 PM,

If we are to have forests made completely of new flora and trees, then perhaps we need these new models in the first place before we start a region preset? Otherwise it seems pointless to hassle a region preset maker and a region generator for work. From my knowledge, Willward Senten and Ra are the only ones working with Akavir with Speedtree. I dont think the other BC members will help us any time soon since they'll be pulling stregnths to complete the other projects.

As far as i know, you cant search and replace items with the region editor without re-generating the entire area. Therefor we either make a default region and then manually place the new models (which i dont think will be likely) or we get 90% of all the work done with one region generation.

[Actually, now that i think about it, there is a way to cheat with the generating first and then replacing certain plants and trees with models still to come. Say we need a bamboo forest but we dont have the bamboos yet. Just make a new tree ID in the CS as you would for any new tree but use another tree model as a template. Then you add it to the preset, configure the settings so that it works for a bamboo forest (ie- clustering trees), get the region generated and when the bamboo model is finished, simply redirect the tree ID to use the bamboo! The only issue here would be configuring the preset data to a model you dont have and perhaps, have never seen, meaning you could generate an entire island and find in the end that the bamboos are all placed too thinly, acting like large oaks or something.]

As you guys may have noticed, i place heavy emphasis on the lack of material for Akavir. I've seen some models in the past and some other fantastic work but in the end, i cant figure out where they went, suspecting Kodama hopefully holds them somewhere. But if Kodama never returns, we'd find that Akavir probably lost all its previous foundation.
11-22-2008, 12:29 PM,

Where are all our concept artist? without them, i cant do much in organising a preset list since i need an idea of what im actually making!
11-24-2008, 12:30 AM,

I haven't seen Shivertail for a long time. RA has been checking in periodically. Deeza's time is limited at the moment. Who else do we have currently?