Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the TES3 mod
05-15-2006, 12:39 AM,

I hope you don't mind that I melded your threads into one, since there's only a handful of people still around from the old days who could answer your questions. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-15-2006, 12:45 AM,

Dont mind 1 bit
I just appreciate the assistance, this is a awesome game and I'd love to enjoy every bit of it, and I definitly understand that not everything works perfect, I certainly have seen other mods with many many many problems, and are not even worth the effort to clean up, but this one is worth it

Thanks
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-15-2006, 07:52 PM,
Ulfthred Village
Ulftred Village in the Jarnhald Mountain Region located in the upper west side of the Island, their are several buildings and a smith and a few other towns people standing about. Their are no interior cells associated with these homes, didn't know if anyone was aware of this,

If someone is not allready working on it I would be honored to make these cells and submit them

Bob

05-16-2006, 04:50 AM,
RE: Jarnhald Mountain Region
I'll have to withdrawl my offer on those interior cells for Ulfthred Village, after taking a brief walk around through that entire mountain region and none of those caves, tombs or houses have interior cells.

What happen did someone start it and just not finish?

Bob

05-16-2006, 05:00 AM,
RE: Jarnhald Mountain Region
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I'll have to withdrawl my offer on those interior cells for Ulfthred Village, after taking a brief walk around through that entire mountain region and none of those caves, tombs or houses have interior cells.

What happen did someone start it and just not finish?

Bob

Yes, the interest in modding on the old Silgrad Tower mod tapered out into nothingness last summer. Both before and after I was personally mostly occupied with pre-work for the upcoming Oblivion mod (which in hindsight has really paid off). Like I mentioned before the old mod has a number of mistakes in it which I'm really glad our team can leave behind us and focus on the current mod, which is where our future will lie for the coming years. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-16-2006, 12:30 PM,

Then my question to that would be: Is this version that I currently have (Silgrad_tower_release_1-3_4 full) complete

I dont think I understand your very well

Are their 2 seperate versions being worked on? TES3 and TES4

Is this version primarily intended for Oblivion?

Are the intentions to complete this veriosn still in process, for example the particular region I mentioned (Jarnhald Mountains) will or is that being worked on?

It looks like whoever was involved with that region had a plan for a really nice quest, at least from what I can see.

I realize I am asking alot of questions, I have really enjoyed what I have seen and have been able to use so far in this mod. I am just curious. If this is complete then I am open to add to it (for my purposes) what I want to the incompleted sections.
If it is still being worked on then I would rather wait and enjoy someone elses creative thoughts and schemes.

Please enlighten me

Thanks
Bob

05-16-2006, 04:05 PM,

bob196045: No problem. Smile I loved the old mod, and had a great time modding on it (together with many dozens of other modders, of course). It has just had it's time, in my personal opinion, and Oblivion is where I feel our future as a team lies.

1. The version of the old mod you have is the latest, and most likely last, version that was released.

2. There are two separate mods, one for TES3 and one(*) for TES4. The one being developed for TES4 is heavily inspired by the TES3 mod. Only the TES4 mod is being worked on.

3. The old TES3 mod was made for TES3: Morrowind, the current one is being developed for Oblivion. One could see them as two incarnations of the same premise or idea, if one wants. As a team we're fully focused on Oblivion these days.

4. No. Ben Vagara modded the region in late 2004, if I remember correctly. It wasn't added to the mod until spring 2005 though because we had a Dark Ages of sorts where the team was completely dead. (the prospect of working on Oblivion brought us back to life) It was modded with several empty exteriors and the intention was to mod interiors for them, but it didn't turn out that way. Ben did mod a whole bunch of interiors for the region during the brief period when interest in modding for TES3 came back to us, but many others were left unmodded.

* Several actually, at the moment. Reich Parkeep, Blacklight, and hopefully Silgrad too.

If you really really want to, the core could discuss the possibility of making you the main file admin for the old mod and then you could have a go at developing it further? Even so far as administrating claims to give to others if you want. Would that be something you would be interested in?
Angel mired in filth
05-16-2006, 05:12 PM,

Now I understand (I think) thank you

Yes it would be interested in bringing this back to life

My abilities are however limited.
I don't have any modeling software
I don't know much about scripting, but I am learnable
And of course I don't know what the modders ideas are/were for the things they were working on. (but this is all avialable) (I'm assuming)
I wouldn't want to change or make someones elses creative thoughts into something it wasn't intended.

Allthough I have been playing RPG since before they were called RPG and have lots of Ideas from games past (the ones played on paper and with dice), Still have my dice on my desk ready to roll
I haven't really figured out how to fit them into The Elder Scrolls Lore

And of course with all the Oblivion talk going on I would wonder how many players out their still want to see this completed for TES3

Based on what you've told me so far, most are wanting for TES4 and that you have all resolved that TES4 was the way to go

All said... yes I would enjoy the honor of getting this going again, Its got alot of potential.

Bob

05-16-2006, 05:41 PM,

Hi Bob! (Takes a drink, thus revealing that he's both old & a Yank.-)

I've been pursuing answers to some of these questions myself, and now we have our very own thread.-) I'm in the same boat you are in terms of knowledge, just deeper in the hold. If I may ask, what is the name of your ESP? Mine is Silgrad_Tower_internal_build_1-4_3.esp, dated 3 Sept 2005, but I've seen indications on the board that later ones may exist. In particular, Quentin Fortune has said that he had incorporated the Dumac interior done by Zalzidrax, but that is not in the ESP above.-(

I'm currently helping Harikari (in a very beginnerish way) with some ongoing work he's doing with the TES3 version, so I think there are a couple of embers of interest.

Thanks,
Steve
05-16-2006, 06:00 PM,

Pleasure Steve
thanks for the drink (what are we drinking anyway?)

We have the same release

From what Razorwing has told me, it is the most current and probably the last version for TES3.

And from what I read I can understand why the focus is on the TES4 version. Maybe !! Wink

Bob