Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about the TES3 mod
05-17-2006, 03:04 PM,
Murder of Baker Lionnel
Again Im just walking around doing things, got the quest to go "buy cookies for old lady" from Lionnel Jullien, found him dead, got arrested got freed.. As that Dementor guy was talking to me I got 2 Script messages.

1)sltw_murder_caption line 1 function reference object lionnel_jullien not found

2)line 5 yvette jullien sltw_rs not found

I did get a journel update saying something to the effect that I should go thank her for helping to get me released. went to the bakery read the note, went to her house, she's not their, found the son, talked to him. No subject came up regarding, either his father, Yvette or the murder, I checked in the CS and their are several dialogue entries pertaining to this investigation, none of those sujects come up, also their is no script associated with this NPC

Long story short. If the modder who started this quest is still available and if he/she has the tech info I would be happy to add it in, if the modder can sent to me via forum or by E mail bobtraci19932005@yahoo.com

Thanks
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
05-17-2006, 08:45 PM,

Alrighty then :goodjob:

Doesn't matter all that much how skilled you are in this particular case in my humble opinion, because there's no comptetition of any kind. Only a handful of people have shown any interest at all in modding for the old mod since last summer.

I have a pretty good memory of what's happened in the team from March 2004 and onward, and I've learnt quite much about the mod and team's history before then by simply reading every single post ever made (link to the archive). I'd be happy to answer any questions I can, but the forum archive is a better source for answers whenever possible I think.

Quote:And of course with all the Oblivion talk going on I would wonder how many players out their still want to see this completed for TES3

Based on what you've told me so far, most are wanting for TES4 and that you have all resolved that TES4 was the way to go

Not that many, I think... not compared to Oblivion. There's little rewards to be found in it compared to working on an Oblivion mod; the same amount of work spent on an Oblivion mod would get far, far more attention and encouragement. And I can't hide the fact I think it's a wasted effort, but if you want to do it then there's hardly any reason to stop you either. Big Grin And I bet there will be TES3 players around for many years to come, simply because some can't afford to buy a new computer, or are using their parents' computers.

Mm, hehe... the "Murdered Baker" quest. A frequent rerun in our bug reports, I'm afraid. The modder who started it, Valderon, simply never finished modding it. He was the main file admin back then and so modded it straight into the main file, which is why it was kept in despite being unfinished. It's been like that for about 2? years now, I think. I attempted to fix it on two occasions but it was extremely hard for me to make sense of how the quest was supposed to play out and I didn't make any progress. You could contact him if you want, I spoke to him about a week ago so he's still around, but his job is such that he has to go away for many weeks at a time. I doubt he'd recall much about it, but maybe he can recall how he had planned it to play out, so you'd know which NPC to start tweaking and adding to (if you want, that is).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-17-2006, 09:51 PM,

Then I guess I will contact Valderon about that specific quest and provided of course he is willing to give me whatever plan he had I will incorporate it in

Likewise with some of the other quests, regions or towns

If I read your post correctly on accountability, my understanding
of your system is that the modder use their intials to identify things they have been working on, if this is true to form then I shouldn't
have a problem figuring out who did what and I can then bug
them for info.

I dont want to pull anyone away from what they are doing, but I would ask that if anyone who worked on the TES3 version still wants to work on it then I would be pleased if they let me join them. And those who dont want to work on it can just forward the info on to me and I will do what I can and ask the others in this forum for help on things I dont know how to do, I know their are also lots of tutorials available and I have been reading them often also been reading your Silgrad lore section which is a great resource.

My wife bought me the TES4 for my B day even after I told her not too, I'm the kinda player that doesnt like new off the shelf games I want to wait a bit to see what the scuttlebutt is. let some of the bugs get worked out first and I dont think my graphics card could handle it anyway it barely takes the TES3

So if you dont mind maybe you could post something to the effect that if anyone is interested in working on it (TES3) to contact me.

Thank you very much for everything I hope I can get this revived at least enough to complete what was started maybe more

Bob

05-17-2006, 10:11 PM,

I am trying to help Rodan, with the Blacklight Morrowind version, of that city.
Why, I am a great fan of the Morrowind game.

The more, I get into the Oblivion game it's even better, why ?
Well, you can influence the behaviour of the NPC's. Wander, eat, sleap etc.
That's great (Morrowind can't).

I am kind of spec. in interiors etc. If I can be of any help, I will.
I can't (always) respond directly because of my other interests.

But, I like to help you in anyway I can.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-17-2006, 10:38 PM,

Thank you Sandor

That would be greatly appreciated, lets see what kind of group we can get together and we can go from their.

Bob

05-17-2006, 10:49 PM,

I try to keep track of what is going on, otherwise PM me.

I appreciate your effort, and wish you all the best !

Regs,

sandor
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD