Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RA's works in progress.
11-04-2006, 03:44 AM,

A suprise project?

That sounds like it has to be something cool Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
11-13-2006, 10:47 PM,

After wasting another Sunday trying to succesfully "rig" something, I have given up on the rigging. I've followed tutorials for both blender and Max to the T and still haven't been able to produce results. My plans are to finish all the clothes and texture them with seamless textures (easier to replace textures that way) and save them as both .max and .obj. I will then release them on the official forums in hopes someone will like them enough to rig them. *crosses fingers*

I apologize for not be able to figure this out, but I've honestly tried everything I could. I will continue to make anything else that doesn't need to be rigged.

As soon as my cable box is repaired at home, I will upload the water basins I made along with the stepping stones.

My suprise was going to be a whole Geisha "set". I made a really nice kimono and obi with some geta sandals. Since I couldn't rig those items, it just doesn't have the "punch" I was going for. I did manage to make a nice Geisha hairstyle, (which I will continue to make more versions of) . I also made an umbrella which can be held in the left hand. It has both open and closed meshes so a script to change between the two would be nice. (I'm going to make several patterns in a bunch of colors for the umbrella.) And lastly a made a shamisen. You can equip it as a two handed weapon and it returns to your back when not in use. I'll post a screen of my half-naked Geisha when I get my cable back.

I'm going to take a little break from clothes and work on a variety of statues and figurines.

Since I've made two items so far that can be picked up (ladel and shamisen) would you like me to make icons for these or leave that up to someone else? I just don't want you guys to have to deal with all sorts of different looks for your icons, but if we all follow the same procedure it should be alright. Yes, No?
11-14-2006, 02:57 AM,

Ahhh man...i hope some one can rig the models.

You can make the icons if you want to, different looks for our icons is not that big of a deal Wink
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 12:52 PM,

New stuff.
Just follow this link-
Castle Gate and Tower
11-22-2006, 05:04 PM,

Wow... That's pretty cool... Not too crazy about the textures, but still nice!
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-22-2006, 05:17 PM,

Damn!

The models are perfect, i have a piece of the Akavir (Knifeblossom)landscape ready for placing japanese castle models Smile
I want to place the models on my landscape, but i can't...i still need to get a new computer :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
11-22-2006, 06:31 PM,

Yeah, Oblivions textures aren't the highest quality, but I'm trying to keep the files as small as possible so I use them a lot. Maybe later I can upload 1024x1024 actual photos, but that would be waaayy later.
11-23-2006, 02:49 AM,

Okay got some more uploaded. Here are the stepping stones and the water basins. They come in three flavors just like the stone lanterns (dark, light and mossy). There is also a bamboo ladel that can be used as a weapon. There are a few textures and one icon with this pack.

[Image: Basins.jpg]

Download link

Basins
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM,

Cool!

Thanks ra5946 :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
12-01-2006, 11:59 PM,

Another pack- It's one of the minka houses by 3dchaya.
I did include an interior for the house as well with a firepit and small tatami room.I textured it like a post card I have.

Side notes-
1. These are old .nifs. I do not remember if they are scaled correctly. You may have to change the size either in Nifskope or the CS. Since the distance between the floor and roof is not very tall at the doorways, be sure to scale large enough so tall players can get in and out. I was having a problem with my guy hitting his head upon exiting

2.I also inlcuded a shed- this style is called a lean-to because it needs to be against another building as it has no back. This one fits well with this minka because it's somewhat rustic. It has a small shelf inside so you can place some items on the shelf. The shed has two sliding doors which are seperate. You will have to set up the doors to move in the correct direction.

3. The minka also has doors. One set for the front, and one set for the back. These do not slide as they should be set up to "teleport" you inside the home. These doors fit EXACTLY into the doorways. It will take a little trial and error to get them fitting correctly

4. Just a little suggestion- Since you can change the look of the house by changing the stucco color or the wood, you can easily make a small village using this same house but different versions. It's amazing how just changing a few colors makes something looks so different.

Here are the pics-

[Image: Shed.jpg]
shed

[Image: Minka01.jpg]
front

[Image: Minka02.jpg]
back

[Image: MinkaDark01.jpg]
night

Don't mind the other things in the pics, this is my testing area. Nothing like a half-naked Geisha with no feet. Ooops, I just noticed I have no pics of the interior. Sorry. You'll have to explore it on your own I guess Smile

Minka File