Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[READ] Current tasks: The Lost One
10-12-2009, 02:51 PM,

I have done some brainstorming in that forum. I have not heard back from Shiver Tail. Since I am not part of any educational, web development, college groups, I'm not able to go to those sites to do any recruiting.

I have not had time to do anything with an independent web site yet. Real life keeps interfering.
10-12-2009, 03:54 PM,

I am very sorry for my absence.
I was very busy with school and I've been very sick lately. Also, remember that I'm in the middle of an emigration process, so things are pretty hectic here.
That, said: I have more time now, so I guess you can count on my help regarding concept art and ideas.

To get back on topic:
thanks Naga, for being the "update guy" while I was gone. I appreciate it.

Concerning the tasks/orders I gave:

Ysne: We should have a word on recruitment
"To recruit".
Ain't that hard. We should create (and with "we" I'm referring to the whole team) a fitting (and catchy :lmao: ) recruitment post.
I'll create a brainstorm thread for that.
Keep this in mind though:
1) The truth, a hint of truth and nothing but the truth. In short: don't lie
2) Be sure to show some ideas (since that's what we're currently excelling at) but don't be afraid to show some pictures of models (Cor) concepts (me) and, of course, music (Mirrored), etc.
3) Don't make it too long or to short, and be sure to "talk" to the reader

Ciao Gamer: Exactly what Naga said...: post that stuff!

Corthian: I'm gonna try and not sound to upset...
Instead of making personal stuff, why not make the concepts I gave you? If you had any questions, you could have asked. But considering my absence, I'll look the other way this time. Just finish up the requests people have, because we might have some use for them:
We could use them in our little mod...

More on that later (be sure to write a story about your character...) , expect a thread one of these days.

Zwicky: Recruitment banners! Also keep in mind that they have to resemble Akavir in some way. So it should look entirely different from your usual colorful stuff. Wink

Shank: :goodjob:
Post some screenies!

Mirrored: Let us know when you are available. Once more, good luck!

Okay.
@Naga in his last post: I didn't draw a compass so it might be SE.
Personally, I don't care. We're creating OUR version of Akavir, not TES V Akavir.
Besides, how would the Empire know? Big Grin

===============================
Okay so this is what I'm doing/will do.
1) Create a thread (public, ie. here) about recruitment
2) More solid information about the Lost One.
3) Concepts for the Lost One.
===============================

If I'm missing something here, or if you have an unanswered question: feel free to ask!
[TITLE]Akavir co-Leader.[/TITLE]
10-12-2009, 04:07 PM,
Ah Mirrored sweet tracks of akavir....
(By the way mirrored i am so wrong about your music,
I had a headache that day so it did not flow like music normally does but your music has made my cat fall asleep on my lap,
And thats a first! So its great!).

Shiver-tail i think my clothing i suggested for corthian to make could be of some use because it was an idea for "Tsaesci" spys armour in the first place,
Im currently in Blender looking if i could make it a bit more "Faction Spreaded" like we could have an tsaesci assassin's guild for a tsaesci lord,
Im travelling to northern india (Very near tibet, To try and get to see or even talk to the Dalai Lama so wish me luck) Well i should be doing that at christmas time,
Its good to have you back shiver-tail! It was hard holding up without you so any volunteers for a Kodama Nerevar? Big Grin
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 04:31 PM,

Haha, good luck trying to get to talk to the Dalai Lama! You know he's "in hiding", don't you? He was exiled by the Chinese who took over Tibet...

Anyway, if the Tsaesci spy armor would be like that, it'd be awesome... keep in mind though that our Tsaesci will be legged. Although "Lore" states that they had tails, some of our Lore (Biblical texts...I'm sorry fundamental catholics) contains the same "mistakes".
They aren't actually mistakes though.
Example:

Bible: Jezus walks on water.
Meaning: Jezus isn't afraid of the storm (God/ death/... in eastern culture) or water (Demons in their culture).
Why? The Bible wasn't written by Jezus' apostles, it was written by A LOT of different people, ranging from 5 years after his death to 130 years.
In eastern culture, more specifically that of the fishermen from the area where the lake Jezus walked on was situated, water and storm were evil (unless they though storm=God, ofc.). Storms blew away houses and was often concidered the wrath of God. Water on the other hand, was a major cause of death: people couldn't swim back in those days (heck, 50 years ago, 70% of the world couldn't even swim) so they believed they were "dragged under water" by evil demons.

Akavir Lore:
Tsaesci have tails.
Possible meanings:
1) They are stealthy.
2) They are good climbers (snakes move by clawing their ribs in the trees/ground...)
3) They are full of tricks (tails -> snake)
4)...

Short said: Let's go off the beaten track. Create our OWN version. Experiment with lore, think about WHAT was written, HOW it was written and, above all, WHY it was written.

Also, keep in mind that most sources about the Tsaesci are Imperials that never actually saw one. According to good historians that would be deemed a secondary (both location and time), subjective (Empire<-> Tsaesci) source. And so not used to create an image of pure, objective historic facts, but more an image of how Tsaesci influenced Imperial culture, how the common man (if he could read!!) understood and pictured the Tsaesci.
10-12-2009, 04:37 PM,
I always think the tsaesci were the hist's brothers/sisters and the hist re-made the look of a tsaesci into a well known naga of today's blackmarsh.

Im making a sign for blackmarsh, I might have a go here too.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 05:24 PM,

I personally think the Tsaesci (and other Akaviri) are something entirely different...
From a totally different plane of existence. Which is exactly why they cannot be damaged by man/mer "magic", why they cannot enter oblivion, etc. more on that later... (remember this is just me working on MY version of Mundus-reality and creation)

To keep Tsaesci creation simple: Divine beings created the Naga, thousands and thousands of years later, some of them were tempted by a mysterious entity that was imprisoned (guess what that "Storm" in Kamal is... Wink ) by these divine beings, thus resulting in the creation of the 7 "Dark Naga"-clans who bended the elements and everything else to their will to defeat the Naga who outnumbered them. Led by their 8 (one, a mysterious figure know only as the Unificator, died) Chieftains, they killed the 7-headed dragon, and each Chieftain claimed the Elemental Ideas that resided within its heads so that the Tsaesci had total control over them. However, over time these elements were stolen (for example, the Tang Mo once stole Earth and the Ka Po stole steel. Earth has not been recovered...) or lost (Water, resulting in the annual flood and the Tsaesci's fear of water). Some of them remained (steel for example, which is why the Tsaesci are still the dominant military force). They key to destroying the Tsaesci would be stealing their elements and killing their Demigods (the Lords), but few know of the Elements and the Lords are deemed invincible...
With the Tsaesci being the most powerful beings in Akavir, they quickly eliminated or enslaved the dragons and started a war with the Ka Po.
You know the rest...
10-12-2009, 06:01 PM,
To be honest the best description is on the Imperial Library please note i do like your description though,
http://www.imperial-library.info/fsg/adv...le01.shtml

If hist witnessed creation then that very founding could give them great power,
What i think about this whole story and all,
Is that there was an advanced "Test" Civilisation made by the aedra's but the survivors of the great wars got to greedy like the tsaesci or went to darker means of worshipping like the hist (I imagined the hist to have been like "Aedra Angels" but because they could not seek attention from there divines anymore then they had to find darker worship, And that is sithis- The Void) And yeah after all that happened then all the dark naga things happened and so on.

I like the kamal idea though...
Bugger i post so much im a baron! :lmao: I guess i have nothink much else to do when im off.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 06:47 PM,

Well, that text is as much fiction as mine...
I would NEVER use someone else's ideas for my story, I'd create my own, or at least adapt it to my own liking.
WE're creating our vision here, not theirs.

Talking about visions:
After Kodama left and you came, I seemed to be the only one concerned about the story and the events in Akavir on a large scale (creation, evolution, politics, religion, etc.)

Anyway, If you like it...
Well, now you and I seem to be the only one's caring about the story, so I'm gonna add you to the team as story writer, okay?
You've sown enough dedication and skill (in my opinion)!
So unless Ysne says "Veto!" (Which I HIGHLY doubt!), consider yourself part of the crew, part of the ship!

I'll expand it some more, see what other people think... Smile

Back to the story: Yeah, that Void, that mysterious entity could just be what the DB call "Sithis". But ofc, I imagine it is much more present in Akavir. Maybe it is blocked by the divines a bit in Tamriel, that's why most people can't feel or understand it.
I see it like this: In Akavir, he is like an unspoken god: the forerunner of their civilization, the one that inspired the Chieftains to rise up. He is not necessarily evil (He is, though, from Imperial/Ka Po/etc. point of view, because they see him as a threat. Threats are always "evil" from the prey's point of view.) though. In Tamriel, he is the embodyment of fear, death, the uncertain. His might is so tremendously powerful, even average Joe could feel it, but not explain it. What happens if man cannot explain something? A myth is born. What happens if that something strikes fear into hearts (because people always fear what they don't know, what they don't understand)? Most of the time, a cult is created, to use that fear as a source of power.

Thinking of it, that sounds like a good idea! :lmao:

The Dark Brotherhood doesn't even understand what power they are feeding!
Heck, I don't even think "The Void" would care about the "sacrifices" the Dark Brotherhood made. Considering the Tsaesci would slaughter a whole Tang Mo village if they hear thunder.

This opens up some interesting plotlines concerning the dark Brotherhood!

Thanks for the idea, mate!!
10-12-2009, 10:27 PM,
Part of the ship, Part of the crew, Part of the ship, Apart of the crew (Pirates of the caribbean 3 reference),
Story Writer that sounds good but you might as well add me to being a modeller under the wing of corthian because i have started modelling and im creating my "Idea" for the wyrm mount,
Im in the process of creating the creature (Head mesh is tricky but im copying your concept shiver-tail, Im modding the slaughterfish mesh to meet my terms) and then i will make it a mount.

Have we made a thread on the Tesnexus Forums? For akavir?
Have we also added screenshots and such and such on Tesnexus?
Its quite a big place for getting some of the projects propaganda down and you could get some new recruits too.

I asked someone i know to make a "Grand Player House" well the exterior and interior for a tsaesci-like home in akavir, I have yet to hear news from him but he has made some very nice banners and symbols for the tsaesci factions he has yet to give me the images but i will soon find out were they are,
soon........

If InsanitySorrow can spare the time then maybe he can make "Us" a website, Then let us do all the detailed work.

Come on guys,
Keep posting,
Bring new ideas up,
And last of all create them,
Sounds good?
Yes?
Then Good.

:Edit: Oh so i made an idea with the whole sithis thing? Ok,
I have a very good idea for a propaganda video on youtube that someone might be able to create-
The Start-
The camera is in the skies of tamriel a little far away from the imperial city,
The camera starts to move through the clouds and towards the imperial city,
A women starts speaking "The World Of Mundus is a cruel place",
:Break: (Music Brings a paused tension here)
The women continues "Only the weak survive, The high shall fall",
The women takes a little break and speaks again "As you shall see",
The camera moves in on the imperial arena and the crowds are cheering away at a gladiator fight,
The current potente of the imperilliam moves his head slightly towards his guard,
There is an assassin above the pontente (His whole body lying on the roof flooring waiting for the perfect time to strike),
The pontente says "Such a fine-ee day today is it not my loyal and trust worthy guard",
The guard replys "Yes of course, Sir... I mean Lord Pontente Sir",
The Pontente slightly moves his head and hisses (To show a sign of agreement),
The assassin starts to crawl down the roof and leaps down to throw the guards off balance,
He first stabs the guard on the left of the throne and throws him off the edge (By this time, Pontente has noticed his intruder),
The guard on the right draws his blade and tries to stab the assassin but the assassin slithers out the way to dodge the attack,
The assassin makes his move and grabs the blade (Twisting it all the other way to point to the guard's stomach,
While the guard is still holding it) And stabs the guard in a most bloody manner who accordingly drops on the floor with blood spitting out his mouth,
The assassin seems to get a survival knife off his harness and slithers round to face the pontente,
The pontente says "Why Brother? I have followed by the rules and codes the akavir joint council set for me but they send an assassin, Why!?",
"Because the lady demands it" replies the assassin and slits the pontente's throat just after this,
:Break: A deep feeling of dread comes about from the music and we leave the video at that with of course "Akavir" propaganda at the end.

Something ive been spewing up in my mind for weeks on the pontente assassination that i did'nt think was right about the DB or MT assassinating the pontentes so i cleared it up in my own manner.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-13-2009, 02:58 PM,

1]Okay, a few questions and remarks:
1) If I remeber correctly, there are no Potentate's anymore in the third era... since the Empire-Tsaesci relationship has come to an end long ago.
2) Who is that "Lady"? The Fallen Princess? I doubt she would send assassins to kill one of her master's pawns (which there weren't, because there are NO Potentate's anymore...)
3) What has this got to do with Sithis?
4) Akavir Joint Council? Again, this might have worked in more ancient times, but remember we're in the THIRD era here...
Well it would work if you're aiming for a flashback...but meh.
4) A Potentate is superior to a mere assassin so he would not call him "brother".
5) I think it's a bit to early to discuss trailers fro the final mod. Instead we should aim on createing one that has got something to do with the Lost One... but currently that's kinda impossible since:
1) I'm still working on the story...
2) We don't have all the models and worldspaces yet...
But when those 2 requirements are met, I'm 100% sure we'll come up with an awesome, catchy trailer...

2] Okay, I'll add you as a modeler then...

3] That Tsaesci house... remember it should be something Pre-Columbian... okay? If he wants, I'll supply him with my list of Tsaesci religious symbols, banners, cults and clans...

4] If by the 30th we don't have a nice site yet, I'll see what I can do and do it myself... :lmao: