Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Arena
01-19-2007, 06:45 AM,
Redoran Arena
I came to think of an idea that I thought was pretty good, and thought I'd post it to get feedback and help (more on that below).

The jist of the idea is a Redoran Arena location in Soluthis. There was one in Vivec, so I think it's clear that Dunmer can have those locations. The hopefully original part of my idea is that it would be open for players to join through the other side for other players to pit their strength against Big Grin So, players would send me savegames, I would extract the NPC information through a tool, and before long a perfect replica of him as he was in his savegame becomes available in the roster when another player plays the mod and enters the arena. He can have any gear he like, unless it's from a commercial plugin. Though if it's from another mod the player himself needs to secure permission from the creator first, plus it can't be mismatched with his character's strength otherwise the player could get unbalanced loot compared to the challenge. He can't have cheated on his stats because that would be unfair to other players who sent in their characters What do you guys think?

Unlike the Arena in the Imperial City I would prefer that the player could choose freely which opponent he would like to face, for no other reason than I think that would be the most fun. Sometimes I want to crush someone really weak, at other times I want to try my hands at taking down someone more powerful than me.

Another idea is to have quarters below the arena where fighters physically go and rest when they're off-duty, and each player who sent in a character would be welcome to mod his own quarter if he like (else I can do it, no problem).

As I mentioned in the first paragraph I would need some help. I might need help or advice on modding it, at a later stage, but first I would very much like a concept art of how it would look. Would anyone be able to draw one?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-19-2007, 06:55 AM,

I like this idea. :goodjob: Maybe a little bit of tweaking, of course, but it sounds like a very interesting and original idea there...

Of course, people should be able to mod in additional characters to combat against if they want, either for lower level characters or super-duper-villain-or-hero characters.
01-19-2007, 07:00 AM,

Tis a wonderful Idea

Have submitters give you some insite to their game style and if you can tweak those characters to fight more like the player does in game.

For example, if Im fighting someone or something way more powerful than my PC, I would levitate immediatly and start with Arrows. Some prefer particular spell casting sequences, can that be done as well?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
01-19-2007, 08:58 AM,

TheImperialDragon: Naturally your suggestions are most welcome Smile

I agree we should keep the door open for modders to do that, and there's got to be a starting line-up before we announce it and invite players. Mostly though I hope players will be interested in submitting their savegames because then they get to contribute and have fun and we get characters they spent ages honing and refining.

bob196045: That's a good idea. I thought I'd pick one of the combat-style choices depending on what class (or major skills) they had. I'm not sure spellcasting sequences would work, but that's due to my barely existant scripting knowledge. It could perhaps work, if someone wrote a script for it. I'll be sure to request it if a player expresses he would like his avatar to perform a particular spell sequence.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-19-2007, 09:05 PM,

A selection of arena setups or arenas would be neat too. Wink Like a lively mushroom wood, volcanic ashlands, standard sand pit, and a frigid glacier pit as well. To change between them, the mages running the Arena use magic, or something along those lines.
01-20-2007, 12:56 AM,

Now thats a good Idea !!! :goodjob:

01-20-2007, 12:57 AM,

I love this idea. Big Grin I would definatly send in my char for this.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
01-21-2007, 12:29 PM,

Are you suggesting that if the player offering their Character as an Arena combattant has scripting skills then he/she should be able to send their 'favorite moves/combos' in with all the other info? Sounds good if doable. Big Grin
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
01-22-2007, 01:50 AM,

raggidman: If he can he should absolutely be allowed to script his character to behave as deadly as possible. I don't see that happening though, but the option is there. Rather, I thought I would chose one of the default combat styles on their NPC data sheet to match what kind of character the player sent.

black[/HR]

Still no takers on the concept art request? Smile C'mon, I need ideas.
Angel mired in filth
01-22-2007, 06:18 PM,

Hmmm

Yea, it's an option... My thought for that was more of a fighting style and not scripted Uber Powers. More like... When I play my character I prefer using magic over weapons, or I use stealth and sneak up on them...etc etc

RW what are you looking for in the way of concept art. Arena?

Big Grin

Bob