Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redoran Buildings Progress Thread (2)
06-08-2006, 03:49 AM,

Alright, sounds good! :yes:
06-08-2006, 08:39 AM,
RE: The New and Improved Redoran Progress Thread
Congrats :goodjob: on your successful graduation CS (how do I know you succeeded? Big Grin ) and do not neglect the next step in your education - make a few entries to the Botany Books and you could have your doctorate in only a few hours, along with Professor KuKulzA and Remux Dreadfire, who have compressed years of furious study and dedication into a few hours graft to bypass all the tedium on the road to fame and fortune! Smile
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
06-08-2006, 09:03 AM,

I checked out the screenshots now, and I think they look really nice :goodjob:

My only notes... *shuffles through his papers* ...is about the borders. I attached an image of the border areas I thought looked a little strange.

1. This border looks quite angular. Surely with a custom skin it would be possible to blur the corners a bit?
2. Just where the arrow is pointing it looks like the border texture is slightly broader than it is elsewhere along the border.
3. I think it would look much better if the ends were capped. Smile

Oh, tibmaker? Nah, forget about him. I don't think he'll ever contribute anything to the team.

I've imported your house into the mod now, but will hold off any eventual alphas as I get the impression you are still working on this skin. But I would be much obligued for a copy of the untextured door model, porch model, and the remaining building models with finalized geometric boundaries so I can begin to set up the district, which I'm very anxious to get started on. TIA, and keep up the good work [Image: icon16.gif]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-08-2006, 03:08 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Oh, tibmaker? Nah, forget about him. I don't think he'll ever contribute anything to the team.
Where the hell did he go, anyway?
06-08-2006, 03:25 PM,

Quote:Congrats Good job! on your successful graduation CS (how do I know you succeeded? Big Grin )

Thank you! Big Grin

Quote:and do not neglect the next step in your education - make a few entries to the Botany Books and you could have your doctorate in only a few hours, along with Professor KuKulzA and Remux Dreadfire, who have compressed years of furious study and dedication into a few hours graft to bypass all the tedium on the road to fame and fortune!

Ill keep that in mind. :lmao:

Quote:But I would be much obligued for a copy of the untextured door model, porch model, and the remaining building models with finalized geometric boundaries

If Zarf indeed messes with the actual shape of the model as he is skinning (though from the screenshots of the finished ones I see no significant changes) then part of that would fall on me getting the Uv mapping finished, but if not then here are all of my raw texturless files. The door is in the first hut design, and the stone steps are allready part of each building's model. They are easilly removed and separated into independant files, though you wouldn't need to do so to place the temps. Do what you want/need to I suppose.

BTW, didn't we do this already? ?( Was it concluded that Zarf changes the models to much for my untextured ones to be placed as temps? I know he cuts the models into pieces when he textures (must be a Max thing), but that doesn't change the shape. Do you do anything else to them Zarf?

(The Atttachment is in Winrar format. A zip was too big and something is wrong with 7z so I hope you can extract this. If not Ill just have to split things over 2 posts or upload it somewhere else.)
06-08-2006, 05:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

Where the hell did he go, anyway?

I dunno. Maybe he felt he didn't get enough recognition. His talent didn't quite measure up to his ego... I found his reply -here- rather amusing because his textures were bad and I'd rather use stuff from freeware sources on the net.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-08-2006, 07:16 PM,

I thought the first texture he showed us was great. Big Grin

Now then, for the border angles... I can't fix those. It's a mesh thing, or I would have to go in and create new curved textures and new curved UVWs... neither of which I have the right tools for. I honestly think it would look better now than after I try to 'fix' it.

Also, Caligula's Geometric Boundaries would be exactly the same as mine. I split the meshes up, then I re-weld them. Sometimes vertices can be welded even before I split the mesh. Makes for tiney, inconceivable differences while nicely effecting the polycount.

I tried making a door yesterday and failed miserably. Expect the porch soon, though.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
06-08-2006, 08:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
Now then, for the border angles... I can't fix those. It's a mesh thing, or I would have to go in and create new curved textures and new curved UVWs... neither of which I have the right tools for. I honestly think it would look better now than after I try to 'fix' it.

Okidoki, no problem.

I tried making a door yesterday and failed miserably. Expect the porch soon, though.

Aah, so there wasn't a door there from the start? Ok I'll make one (I've made quite a few door types in the past). Looking forward to the porch, thankyou.

Also, Caligula's Geometric Boundaries would be exactly the same as mine. I split the meshes up, then I re-weld them. Sometimes vertices can be welded even before I split the mesh. Makes for tiney, inconceivable differences while nicely effecting the polycount.

Okay, point taken. I won't ask again.
Angel mired in filth
06-08-2006, 08:29 PM,

Quote:Also, Caligula's Geometric Boundaries would be exactly the same as mine. I split the meshes up, then I re-weld them. Sometimes vertices can be welded even before I split the mesh. Makes for tiney, inconceivable differences while nicely effecting the polycount.

Which means that the rar I posted contains exactly what you need to get going RW! Yay! :banana:

Quote:Aah, so there wasn't a door there from the start? Ok I'll make one (I've made quite a few door types in the past). Looking forward to the porch, thankyou.

The door model is completed, its on the standard hut model. Its in there with the rar I uploaded.

Quote:Now then, for the border angles... I can't fix those. It's a mesh thing, or I would have to go in and create new curved textures and new curved UVWs... neither of which I have the right tools for. I honestly think it would look better now than after I try to 'fix' it.

Have you tried going outside the lines on the UV mapping? Or is that one of the places where the texture has been split? (that would be a little tough to manage I agree Big Grin)
06-08-2006, 08:36 PM,

Hmm... *thinks* hmm hmm... ok I'll "risk" it then, if you guys are confident the .obj models won't differ from the finalized models in any way whatsoever. Smile Because if they do, and it turns out I have to realign 300 windows... I'll pour salt in your coffee :lmao: He he nah just kidding.

Ok cool I trust the door situation is very well taken care of. =)
Angel mired in filth