Poll: When do you think Oblivion will be released?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
January
0%
0 0%
February
0%
0 0%
March
0%
0 0%
April
0%
0 0%
May or later
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Release date speculation
12-30-2005, 08:45 AM,
Release date speculation
So, when do you think Oblivion will be released?

My bet is sometime in February. There can't be that much work left... or so I hope.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-30-2005, 01:45 PM,

I'm thinking more in between February or March. The official release date on Gamespot for OB is March, but I'm with you, there really can't be that much left. It hasn't gone gold yet, so I'm not looking at January.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-11-2006, 07:33 PM,
RE: Release date speculation
The release will be in 20 march.Bethesda told me (trough gameshop.ro)

Cool
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM,

*sigh* At amazon.de it says April the 26th ... amazon.com says September 2005 (LOL), amazon.co.uk goes for March the 31st, amazon.fr says March the 24th ... too funny.

And I really hope it isn't true that I can only get the German version here ... I'd be annoyed beyond comparison should that happen.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
01-11-2006, 10:04 PM,

Quentin Fortune: Nah, I'm sure Germans can get their hands on imported games as soon as it launches, but it's probably going to cost a little more. On the off chance it won't be possible then you're just, what, an hour's drive from the border to Holland? Wink

For some reason most sources I've seen do seem to hover around a March 20th release date, as Dagoth Ur says. A strange coincidence, or educated guesses?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-12-2006, 03:11 AM,

Quote:And I really hope it isn't true that I can only get the German version here ... I'd be annoyed beyond comparison should that happen.

German version hu? So would that mean ALL of the voice acting is redone, or just subtitles?

"Und schlie?t die t?ren von.... Oblivion!" Big Grin
01-12-2006, 03:16 AM,

They've confirmed that they'll do both German and French and potentially other localized versions, which includes translating all the dialogue and books and re-recording all dialogue. I'm sure the cost of doing that far outshadows the potential profits to be gleaned from non-English users.
Angel mired in filth
01-19-2006, 02:36 AM,

Quote:Originally posted on Gaming-360.com:
According to Gamer.no the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion publisher, 2K Game?s, has issued an email in which they confirm Oblivion will be released on March 24th on both the PC and Xbox 360. While we don?t know how exactly geniune this claim is, apparently Oblivion?s Norwegian distributor has also confirmed this.

Oblivion will be released with a standard version and a Special Version which will include a making of documentary, a Gold Coin, aswell as a guide to the world of Cyrodiil.

If it's true...

Huzzah!

8? weeks to go, people! Chop-chop!! :elk:
Angel mired in filth
01-19-2006, 05:05 AM,

Shoot, I'm getting the Special version. I must have that coin... :dunce:
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
01-19-2006, 01:13 PM,

eehm im getting the normal version
im too poor Big Grin
i will gladly sacrafice u 4 oblivon
(im still traying to bark dont worry)