Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report from the Web Admin
06-06-2005, 02:04 PM,
Report from the Web Admin
>> Link to old thread

Silgrad.com list of daily average visitors for 2005
-----------------------------------------------------------------
("Meaning, how many people surf to us on an average day?")
The value is calculated over a whole month, so the spike around May 18th upped the daily avg for the whole month of May 2005. The spike in visits was most likely due to a large information campaign around that time.

January: 197
February: 218
March: 203
April: 296

May 5th: 386
May 7th: 509
May 18th: 1215 (!)
May 22nd: 1057
Summary for May: 896

June 6th: 470
June 8th: 492
June 18th: 618 [Image: icon16.gif]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-30-2005, 02:42 PM,

Our daily avg unique visitors for June 2005, as of 16:15 CET on June 30th, is: 705 :yes:
Check out the picture below (it has no data for 2004 btw) ? does that look like a normal year to you?! A steep rise in activity as summer drew near?! Last year the site was dead for a couple of months... this is friggin wonderful! Big Grin

[Image: thumb_2005-06-30_serverstats_table.jpg]

While we had a higher daily avg unique visitors in May, our visitors this month is much more active. May saw a daily avg of 896 people, giving 37 500 hits, while June as I mention has 705 with a whooping 45 000 hits. What can be gleaned from that is that last month, a lot of new people surfed by our site but didn't get "hooked". Now though, the people that do come are much more interested in silgrad.com and browse around a lot.

Our hosted sites and increased forum activity are probably creating the great numbers :goodjob:

More figures are in the attached document.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
06-30-2005, 04:39 PM,

45K hits???

Awesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssome. :goodjob:
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
06-30-2005, 07:04 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
45K hits???

Awesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssome. :goodjob:

Yup, this month people have viewed a total of 1.3 million (!) pages on silgrad.com. We have a lot of lurkers, it would seem Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
07-04-2005, 05:45 AM,

They are most likely fans of Silgrad Tower who are reading up on the latest news to get their regular Silgrad fix. :goodjob:

(from the other thread on the board's stats)

5000 subdomains??? WOW. We need to begin a campaign to spam every modder who is still using Freewebs or Angelfire to host their sites...global domination!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-04-2005, 06:01 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
They are most likely fans of Silgrad Tower who are reading up on the latest news to get their regular Silgrad fix. :goodjob:

(from the other thread on the board's stats)

5000 subdomains??? WOW. We need to begin a campaign to spam every modder who is still using Freewebs or Angelfire to host their sites...global domination!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Don't put too much stock in that number, as it means only what it says - subdomains (like forum.silgrad.com). It has no bearing on data storage or ftp accounts. The max number of real subdomain sites we can have is 100, and currently we have twenty or so.

Funny thing is that we have 280 megabytes left to allocate out of 2 gigs, but the actual size of silgrad + all hosted sites right now is just under one gigabyte.
Angel mired in filth
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Don't put too much stock in that number, as it means only what it says - subdomains (like forum.silgrad.com). It has no bearing on data storage or ftp accounts. The max number of real subdomain sites we can have is 100, and currently we have twenty or so.
Ah, okay. I will stop spamming all of the freeweb users, then...just kidding. I was going to bump the thread on free hosting at Silgrad, but now I figure this is probably better accomplished through word of mouth.

Quote:Funny thing is that we have 280 megabytes left to allocate out of 2 gigs, but the actual size of silgrad + all hosted sites right now is just under one gigabyte.
What's eating up all the space, if it's not Silgrad.com and its hosts?
07-11-2005, 11:44 PM,

Cenobite: I took some heat a while back because I was advertising so much on ESF, and after some discussion with one of their moderators I ceased that practice. Mine and others ESF signatures, as well as the banner button many of the hosted sites have been generous enough to feature, goes a long way I think. I still mention the offer to people I personally would love to see hosted at silgrad.com and you and everyone else is of course free to do that as well, if you want.

Quote:What's eating up all the space, if it's not Silgrad.com and its hosts?

It just means that the hosted sites aren't using all of their allocated space, which of course isn't a bad thing because that'd mean they needed more Wink
Angel mired in filth
07-13-2005, 10:27 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I took some heat a while back because I was advertising so much on ESF, and after some discussion with one of their moderators I ceased that practice. Mine and others ESF signatures, as well as the banner button many of the hosted sites have been generous enough to feature, goes a long way I think. I still mention the offer to people I personally would love to see hosted at silgrad.com and you and everyone else is of course free to do that as well, if you want.
WHAT! Grrrrr grumble grumble grouse...over-zealous moderators. I don't think you have broken any rules because you have not been advertising a business...just a free service for modders. Don't they see that as a good thing for the gaming community? Grrrrrr...

I still haven't given them a piece of my mind for deleting my REL thread on Labria...maybe I'll do that after I get banned someday.

Quote:It just means that the hosted sites aren't using all of their allocated space, which of course isn't a bad thing because that'd mean they needed more Wink
Ah okay, thanks! (prepares to upload 30 mb of screenshots)
07-14-2005, 12:57 AM,

45K!!! Damn! and my site just got 382 hits! Big Grin

Well anyway good job guys :goodjob:
Killing imperial legion ppl since 2002 and still they keep coming.
Community idiot and modder. (Currently learning to model stuff and breathe)
I can: - Use TES CS - Walk - Re-Texture - Yell really loud (I mean REALLY Loud!)