Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request for voice work
07-01-2005, 09:46 PM,

Hehe, I think you're all nuts!

Right now my voice sounds like...well...I'm not sure you can even explain it. I can do a nice husky Bond woman like voice (the evil temptress voice), and a fair number of accents (French, Scottish, Irish, Breton, upper class British, cockney, Liverpudlian [think the Beatles] and a number of other bizarre things I've picked up along the way), as well as some ridiculously cartoony voices. I should have been a voice actor!

Once I'm back to speed I'll record myself. Give me a few lines...so you can see if I fit the part.

Katse
07-01-2005, 11:15 PM,

Of course we're all nuts ... with the exception of those who are entirely insane. Big Grin

Nevertheless, back to the topic (there was a topic, wasn't there? )

I rummaged through the web and collected a few quotes you could use as fingering-excercise ... or should I say tongue-excercise Wink ... if you want to, that is

The first ones husky, with a slight insane undertone ... very slight ...

"Welcome to my world... now get ready to leave it."

"I never drink intoxicants. I like to experience life in all its agonizing glory. I don't want to dull the sensation for a second."

"You know, there used to be a little respect mixed up in my hatred for you... but not anymore. Your petty scruples are embarrassing. As a villian, you were awesome. As a hero, you're a sentimental fool."

For this one imagine a wise and noble woman, accent as you think fit

"The entire world is driven by a will - blind and ruthless. In order to transcend the limitations of that world, you need to stop willing, stop desiring, stop hating."

And for one of the Gaelic accents

"Did you know that he simply adores you? He would crawl 50 miles on broken glass, just to sweat in your shadow."

Getting cockney ... or Liverpudlian ... or anything else that comes to your mind

"What I'm about to tell you cost two good men their lives. It nearly cost mine. This place is important to a lot of people. More important than you could possibly know. So, I had to come back, to warn you."

"Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing."

So, that should be enough for now. But I'll come back as soon as I can think of something we could use for Silgrad Big Grin

But get well first. =)

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-02-2005, 06:22 AM,

Quentin: Nice! I was a fan of Babylon 5 too, much grittier and realistic than any of the Star Trek series. Shame about Richard Biggs (the Doctor), ey? I heard he died some time ago, quite unexpectedly. Heart attack, I think. Xena was a good show too, I watched every episode intently for good upskirt shots Tongue

This time I was able to crank up the volume (the other time my better half was sleeping).
In "reconsider" it sounds like you're saying: You have come far, mortal. You might want to reconsider your course of action.
And in "Thank_god", Xena, if I need a good horse, I'd thank her.

If possible I'd like you to voice the strongest of the pirates, the one who wears Deathdealer armor in the screenshots. Right now he's one of only two pirates scripted to survive the battle, and he and a buddy escapes to the pirate ship in a skiff after the battle is over.

The voice you used in "Grudge" would be perfect, I think, especially if you could weave in some French undertones in the dialect. That NPC is exceedingly powerful (and isn't meant to be killed either) so if the tone of his voice reflects his certainty of his power I think that would be great, and "Grudge" does that perfectly. That's the perfect level of arrogance (if you will) that suits a great warrior.

Here are some lines that would be great to have:
"Death to the Legion!"
- this would be the battle call the NPC shouts as he rushes towards the Imperial legionnaires trying to arrest the pirates.

"Time to get back to the Maria Daria. You wanna tag along?"
- this would be what the pirate says to the player right before he's scripted to walk to the skiff.

"Talk to him so we can get moving."
- when the pirate has walked up on the skiff, he'd say this to the player to indicate the player should talk to the other guy on the skiff (who handles the travel setup to the pirate ship)

"[breathes in] I love the smell of blood in the morning."
- this would be what the pirate says after him, the boatman and the player has been positioned on the pirate ship.

TIA, this will really make it more interesting for players Big Grin

Katse: Excellent! Would you be able to say the lines below in different sound files, in different voices (that are suitable for a Breton woman)? Then I can add them all as Greetings for the women in the plugin and we can go forward with one particular style of voice for the dancing girl.

"Damn, you look good!"
- with emphasis on 'damn' and 'good'. The NPC would say this as a greeting to a man with sufficiently high Personality stat.
"[Yuck], get away from me!"
- The [yuck] sound would be that "uchrch" sound one makes when one sees something disgusting. Said in the same voice as the above one, as this would be how the same NPC greets a man with a low Personality stat.
"They're all mine, and you can't have any of them!"
- this would be that NPCs way of greeting a female player character. She likes her boys. Tongue

"So, what do you think of the Maria Daria?"

"I hope you don't get seasick easily, I just scrubbed these floors!"

"Have you talked to the Captain yet? We're all looking forward to sailing away from Vvardenfell."

"Does this skirt make my butt look big?"
- more a humorous idea than anything else. You can skip this one if you want. Smile

"There were five adventurers and one day they went on an adventure together. A party of five, so to speak. Get it? Get it? [followed by an insane laugh]"

"I wanna... I wanna... I wanna really really really get-up-on-deck."
- preferrably said rather fast and rhytmically Big Grin

Musical pieces
Could you sing the funny "Lusty Young Smith" song with an Irish accent, sounding pretty drunk? Big Grin I'd like to make a female NPC on the ship sing it while holding a drink (I'd make it in the shield or weapon category, so it can be equipped), then she'd fall over and sleep for a while (SetFatigue -50). I think it'd be a hilarous scene Big Grin If you find another song you like better that's totally okay too. Might be best to remove any references to earth from the songs in that case, though.

Also, could you hum any song of choice that would be suitable for someone dancing? Perhaps "Stop, in the name of love" if you can't think of any particular song you like. As I'd like it to be heard while the lady is dancing, I don't think it can be added in the normal way, as I think NPCs stop moving when talking. I'd add it through other means (script functions).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-02-2005, 11:38 PM,

Update:
I've gotten the speaking part to work in-game now. The lips aren't moving... but I'll get there Big Grin

The files need to be MP3's with a bitrate of 64 kb per second and with 1 (Mono) channel. The bit sampling rate doesn't seem to matter, but 44 might be best as I think Bethesda used that. I was able to convert The Nerevarine's clip so it works, but it would really help if it could be re-recorded at a much higher volume. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-03-2005, 12:39 AM,

Here is a digital remastered version, better?

Download (.mp3, 153 KB)
07-03-2005, 12:55 AM,

YYYYYES! And to boot, you solved another problem of mine. It appears that it is extremely important that the MP3 uses a sampling rate of 44 Khz, otherwise the lipsync won't work. It felt almost magical watching the Captain speak to me Big Grin

The pieces are really coming together tonight, both with scripts and voices, and I hope to have a playtest version online within an hour (knock on wood) Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
07-05-2005, 08:23 AM,

Come on guys and girls, I'd really love to get some voice work from all of you - don't feel constrained by the lines I said, playtest the mod to get ideas on what could work or not and that you yourself think is cool / funny / atmospheric etc. If you want you could see it as your way of saying hello to the player who's just starting out playing the mod? Big Grin

I have already set up everything around Quentin's line I don't hold a grudge. I have no surviving enemies... at all. from before I realized that clips had to be 44 Khz. Right now he just grunts where the line would be. So if it could be re-recorded at 44 Khz...? Pleeease? Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
07-05-2005, 10:15 AM,

If you provide me the file he gave you i could try to convert it to 44 KHz.
07-05-2005, 12:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by The Nerevarine
If you provide me the file he gave you i could try to convert it to 44 KHz.

Thanks!
Here it is:
http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/attachment.p...mentid=108
Angel mired in filth
07-05-2005, 03:27 PM,

Ok, here it is (.mp3, 38 kB).

I did, besides converting it to mp3 at 44Mhz and 64 kbps, a noice suppression, a breath noise supression and cut off the silence at end and beginning.

Excellent, thanks man! It works perfectly!