Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Claim: Deepen Meadows [Finished]
05-08-2009, 07:51 AM,

Hello.

@Razorwing; Yes, I will do what sandor said if I have the same problem again, sounds quicker than reinstalling, only this time I was already at it when sandor made his reply...

@TheImperialDragon; Don't worry, I understood. What I am not sure about, is the way the region around the road should look like, I told you I wanted to claim the forested road and you showed me this one, and without deliberation I just started making a very lush forested region without asking for any further details... not even paying atention at the name of the place I'm working on. So if Deepen Meadows should actually look like meadows, then I should start over..

Here are some screenshots of what I've done so far.

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/scarlet_heart_
(Fist sixth pics)

So please see if there is something not to like or something inappropriate or whatever, if so, now would be a good now to tell me, to start doing it the way I'm supposed before I go further.

Regards
Believe then when faith is gone.
Have hope then when there is none.
See the stars through the smoke in the sky.
And when tears are falling, smile.
05-08-2009, 02:26 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Anastassia
What I am not sure about, is the way the region around the road should look like, I told you I wanted to claim the forested road and you showed me this one, and without deliberation I just started making a very lush forested region without asking for any further details...
Ah, okay, that's a very good point. Smile I mentioned this region as a mix of plains and forests because I always thought of this region as a mix of some meadow areas (much like small chunks of plains) surrounded by forest areas. That's something that I probably should have mentioned in the OP. Big Grin The areas that appear a lighter shade of green on the map would have been the plains, while the darker areas would have been forest. Don't worry if you didn't follow that scheme up until now though; From what I've seen of your screenshots, I think you kept the density of trees and other details fairly consistent, so things should fit fairly well. Just continue modding with that bit of information in mind.

I actually really like the screenshots you posted. :goodjob: Beautiful work!

Just a few things I did notice though... in
Screenshot 1 and Screenshot 5: Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that tree on the right of the image looks as though it is a TreeWeepingWillowSU object. In our Oblivion mod, we're trying to avoid using objects from the original game as much as possible (because we want everything in our mod to look new and provide the freshest experience possible). To keep this consistent, could you replace that tree with one of the tree types that are listed in the OP? The list there explains which objects should be used in this region. I also noticed those lily pads, but I didn't see any suitable alternatives for those in our lists, so feel free to leave them as they are.

Screenshot 2: I really like the attention to detail! :goodjob: However, I just wanted to point out that, similar to what I said above, you should probably try to replace those broken crates and barrels. Have a quick look at our models in the CS (anything under Static->ST (look under ->clutter, Dungeons->, and ->Furniture) and Containers->ST (the subfolders where you think you might find a useful replacement) to see if there are objects you'd like to see used there instead. If you can't find anything, you can leave it as it is, but I will probably replace it with something else later on.

Screenshot 3 and Screenshot 4: I think you used SilgradMaple trees, which is actually okay since I think they fit fairly well. :goodjob: However, I think the leaves should use the green "summer" texture instead of the orange "fall" texture, so it can fit in better with the trees surrounding it. In the list of SilgradMaple trees, there should be the ones that end with Fa## and the ones that end with Su##. The shape of the trees with matching ##'s will be the same, so you need only find the tree that matches the one you placed.
05-08-2009, 05:56 PM,

Fine, I'll do as you ask.

It is with a heavy heart I'll remove those very very few oblivion items I used, they were at the very heart of every scenery... I really liked them Sad but I'll remove them, even some of them being such inocent and random items like broken crates and barrels and a broken cart, items that in my opinion don't belong to any particular region since they don't have distinctive features, and could be found at any place.

As for the maple trees, well, it wasn't me who placed them, They were already there, they are in the edges of the DM with the region to the southwest, I tought it would be better to leave their convergence not too contrasted and instead swiftly change from one environment to the other, but again I'll do as you say Sad

Well, thank you for your reply, and for the detailed instructions. I'll make sure to post you more screenshots so that you can tell me what you needs to be changed, and I'll save you the trouble...

Be seeing you.
05-09-2009, 03:01 PM,

Okay, I didn't realize the maple tree was on the edge of the region. Big Grin I thought it was the fork in the road a little bit deeper inside the region (that's what it looked like to me at the time), but I guess not. :dunce:
05-09-2009, 07:52 PM,

Uhm, fine, I'll put them back, by the way, I'm not expected to finish this quickly right? it's just that I'm starting to realize I am certainly going at a slow pace and to top it off I don't have as much time to mod as I would like to, so I think it will take me a week (at least) or two (at most). It will take time to be ready but will look very pretty Smile

Thank you for replying.

Regards.
05-10-2009, 03:17 PM,

I've made some progress today, I'm putting a waterway all the way through the meadows, here are some screenshots...

(First five)

I thought I should let you know... maybe it conflicts with your plans for the area or something. So if you don't like the idea please tell me sooner than later...

Cheers.
05-11-2009, 08:41 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I also noticed those lily pads, but I didn't see any suitable alternatives for those in our lists, so feel free to leave them as they are.

The plant type "Azura's Hand" is a lily pad Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-11-2009, 03:43 PM,

Uhm, fine, I'll put them back, by the way, I'm not expected to finish this quickly right? it's just that I'm starting to realize I am certainly going at a slow pace and to top it off I don't have as much time to mod as I would like to, so I think it will take me a week (at least) or two (at most). It will take time to be ready but will look very pretty Smile
Take the time you need to get this done. Smile This is a hobby, after all, and when you need to get something done in RL, it should take priority.

I've made some progress today, I'm putting a waterway all the way through the meadows, here are some screenshots...

(First five)

I thought I should let you know... maybe it conflicts with your plans for the area or something. So if you don't like the idea please tell me sooner than later...

Cheers.
It would be best if you didn't change the water routes through the region. If you wanted to make small additions to the existing rivers or lakes, then go right ahead =), but please don't create long, new waterways.

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
The plant type "Azura's Hand" is a lily pad Smile
I was looking for something like that. Big Grin

So (Anastassia) instead of using the default lily pads, could you use the Azura's Hand models? They're Flora type objects that start with StFloraAzurasHand.
05-11-2009, 11:07 PM,

Very well, I'll switch the lily pads, but as for the canal, well, it's more like an aqueduct, it's pretty small, in one of the screenshots I posted above you can see it's source (that's the river that goes through the region), and in others you can see it is not even wider than the road, so it's no big deal, anyway, I was thinking that maybe you would like me to take it all the way to the nearest settlement or agricultural plains, it would certainly add some substance to the region, I mean, realistically, all settlements need a source of freshwater, and cultivating fields need irrigaton canals, so taking the waterway to a place that lacks a source of it will be nice. Just think about it a little, taking it all the way siding the road is helping me decorate around alot better, it makes the trip dissimilar, and gives it a distinctive feature, not yet again walking sorrounded by trees rocks and grass. Also, it may even give the villagers of the place I could take it to something to talk about, like "ohh the imperials built a new canal to bring water here, how nice" or something like that.

So, please, give it a thought...
05-12-2009, 02:44 PM,

Hi Anastassia Smile

I see you are getting well into modding here, that's great! I can see you do pretty well also.

But I think you are trying to apply your obvious skills in the wrong claim. This is a road claim which focuses on the road itself and minor interferences.

I could be wrong but that is what it seems like to me.

If you look in the actual 'region claims' or 'landscape claims' of areas, I think you may find larger claims that may suit you better. They all have description and guidelines.

Again, I am very happy to see you modding with us and hope everything is going well. Smile