Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road Claim: Deepen Meadows [Finished]
05-13-2009, 03:20 PM,

Hi Anastassia! Could you download a copy of the small map in the first post of this thread (just right-click it, and see if there's an option like "Save Image as..."). Then, using an image-editing program like Paint, could you draw the path you intend on making for the aqueduct? Just so I can get a sense of what you're trying to do. =)

Also, just to be clear, the road claim is intended to be mainly the road. I think I already mentioned this, but after the road is finished, I'll be posting claims for more of the surrounding land - which will probably encompass some parts of the road. Smile I'm saying this because I'm not sure whether you knew, and because sometimes it's best to split big tasks such as what you're trying to do into smaller tasks (which would be in smaller parts of the map at a time).
05-14-2009, 12:42 AM,

Zurke; Hello and thanks =), everything is going fine, save for that little problem you mentioned, I just looked into the road west of DM, and well, it seems like almost nothing has been done there, there is very little besides the road and the random generated stuff, so if that was indeed what I must and was meant to do with this claim then you are so right, and I definitely took the wrong claim... though, I would like to claim the one that was meant for what I am doing.

I thought this was an "actual" landscape claim and I am focusing on the landscape around the road. The way I'm doing it, when I finish I would have practically modified every cell on the map posted above to shape the landscape...

TheImperialDragon; I uploaded the map of the aqueduct here;

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/scarlet_heart_
(First pic)

The light blue line is what I have already done, the darker one shows to where I plan to extend it, it is pretty easy to make, that's why I say I can take it anywhere you could want it, I would have finished it all the way there by now, but since I don't know if you will agree with this I decided to leave it on stand by and go making the secondary road. My idea was to have it go through those outlying farms you mentioned on the claim's description above. It also goes through the area designated for the deepen meadows village so it may provide some detail to it too.

And also, like I stated above, if you post the claim for these areas sorrounding the road, I would like to claim it...

Regards.
Believe then when faith is gone.
Have hope then when there is none.
See the stars through the smoke in the sky.
And when tears are falling, smile.
05-17-2009, 04:21 AM,

Hi Anastassia, I sent you a PM.
05-30-2009, 12:21 AM,

Hello, I've almost finished =), so now I'm searching the place in-game for wrong things to fix and not so good things to improve, and it would really help me to know if there is a way to transport to an specific coordinate location within the STland...
It's taking me some time to ride from one place to the other everytime I want to check out some particular spot. =S

So, if you know a way, please let me know...

Regards.
05-30-2009, 12:38 AM,

Hi Anastassia, of course there is a way.

Press the 'tilde key' above the 'tab' key on you keyboard (~).

To go to any interior you would type 'coc' and then the interior you want to enter. You would have to look in the CS to get interior locations. For example: coc solfarm02

To go to any place within the exterior type 'cow' 'stland' and the coordinates of the cell you want to spawn in within stland. You can also look in the CS for those coordinates. For example: cow stland -7 35 would put you in the center of the Soluthis farmland.

hope it helps!
05-30-2009, 12:55 AM,

Thank you very much Zurke =) this should speed things up a bit.
05-31-2009, 10:01 PM,

Hello, I've finished this claim, here is the download link;

http://www.2shared.com/file/6033379/29f6..._Road.html

If upon reviewing it you find any major changes that should be done, I would apreciate to be notified in order to do this changes myself.

I hope you find it to your liking.

Cheers.
05-31-2009, 10:17 PM,

Thanks Anastassia! Smile I'll take a look as soon as I can (it might take a day or two because of some technical problems I'm having with my computer).
05-31-2009, 11:02 PM,

Very well, check it whenever you can, but may I sugest you download this file instead;

http://www.2shared.com/file/6034145/953e..._Road.html

It's more up to date.
06-02-2009, 05:19 PM,

I had a look in-game, and I must say, this is absoultely beautiful! :goodjob: You did a great job at making the landscape around the road memorable - I especially like how you did some of the areas surrounding the roads. The rocky area in the south, for example, just calls me to explore it. Big Grin The ponds, forests, fields... are all very imaginative.

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, you're still working on the road. That's perfectly fine. Smile But I did jot down a few quick pointers based on things I saw when playtesting (I didn't look in too much detail yet because I think you'd want to make these changes first):
  • There are several floating objects around roads and ponds. In cell (9, -19), for example, I saw a few floating bushes and mushrooms surrounding the pond. Make sure that the stems always go into the ground.
  • In the same cell, I saw that a few of the lilypads were a little bit high. Could you lower them a little bit so they're closer to the water surface?
  • A lot of the landscape modifications you made need to be much smoother (in terms of land shape). You can see the sharp geometry of the land, which is generally not a good thing. There are cases, like for cliffs and other falls, where it's appropriate, but usually you should smoothen sharp areas with the 'Soften Verticals' tool. If you would like more control, you can also modify individual vertices by altering the landscape with a brush size of 1.
  • I saw you used a few Deepen Moor objects (like the trees and logs in cell 8, -20). Don't confuse Deepen Meadows with Deepen Moor - don't use Deepen Moor objects since their textures were intended for an unexplored bog. If you would like, however, I can easily create new versions of certain models to use Deepen Meadows textures instead? Then all you would need to do is run the Construction Set 'Search & Replace' a few times for certain areas where you used the Deepen Moor objects. Smile
  • There are a few areas where it looks as though almost all objects were removed (cell (10, -17) is an example of this). Could you explain why this is? A lot of it will probably be converted into farmland at some point, but I was just wondering if there was a reason, that's all.
  • In the rocky cells around cell (17, -22), and in a few other areas, there are rocks floating above the ground. Make sure that the bottoms of the rocks are in the ground when placing them.
If you need me to clarify on any of these points, let me know. Smile