Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocks (DL now included)
05-09-2009, 10:21 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Sachiel
Yeah, I remember. It was billboarded, wasn't it? Unfortunately I'm not much of an animator. Didn't get anything out of it. Maybe someone else feels like he or she is up for the task. I wish Vality7 and this other mw-grass-script-guy would be modding for Oblivion. Smile
I'll have a look at it again at some point. The idea was to use wind affected collision to avoid having to animate the mesh, as animation would not look that good as it would likely be out of sync with the 'proper' grass.
Quote:And about that transparency behind transparency, I mean it works with the vanilla grass everywhere in Oblivion. I actually used the .nif. Why is shading suddenly different when it's being used separately?
But hmm, a certain setting you say? Maybe worth checking out.
It might be that grass is treated as a special case by Oblivion when it's actually considered to be 'proper' grass.

I'd try enabling testing in the alpha property flags if it's not already enabled.
05-09-2009, 01:20 PM,

Sachiel,
I have zero talent for modding so I probably should not comment but do have a bit of feedback regarding your images as part of message
"A small update. Firstly, I made a version of the detailed one without a bridge. Not too innovative, though. Secondly, I made a rather simple stone wall that could be used to create chasms and gorges at a rather low polycount. Just don't expect another Entius Gorge. Wink

Here's just a quick test. The chasm is made mainly out two of the new stones."

Overall, excellent work. While others concentrate on higher profile visuals, you are on your way to providing some basic and very, very vital work on the foundations of the world.
My favorite image is scr11, truly marvelous. One can easily imagine a
little easter egg hidden down in the lower middle portion. The lichen-like texture on top of the rocks in images 05&06 is quite effective. The transition from rock to green grass on top of the mushroom-like rock in the left of 07 and several rocks in image 13 is a bit abrupt, kind of jarring to my eye.
Sincerely,
Oblivioneer
05-12-2009, 07:19 PM,

Hi.

@nick_op: I tried the grass with constraints you sent me the other day in the CS. It didn't crash but ingame it's there but it's not moving at all.
I'd really like to see animated grass but I don't feel like trying anymore right now.

@Oblivioneer: Nice to hear that you like my stuff and thanks for the crits. The thing you are referring to is the stonecolumn, isn't it? If so, yes, it lacks detail and all. Now that I made a remake of it where I tried the same method as with the BCRocks. Still not perfect, a bit too dark maybe, but better I think. Crits still very much appreciated. So, what are you waiting for, download your version of the remake of the stone column today. Any resemblances to male body parts are purely coincidental.:
[Image: Untitled_1.jpg]