Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocks (DL now included)
10-17-2008, 07:57 PM,

Those rocks are simply amazing!
10-18-2008, 05:56 PM,

The natural bridge screenshots look very nice (Ich finde deine Felsen echt klasse!) :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-18-2008, 06:18 PM,

Ah, you're one of the guys Razorwing mentioned. Danke, hehe. Dafür gibt's noch ein Update. Smile

[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr17.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr18.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr19.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr20.jpg]

Venn ist das nurnstuck git und slotermeyer? Ya! Beigerhund das oder die flipperwaldt gersput!

Preview pack to try them out for yourself. Feel free to use them as you like. If there's anything to criticise, don't hold back.
10-18-2008, 06:32 PM,

I like the shape of the rocks a lot because it's possible to create a natural overhang! Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM,

Bloody brilliant, or 'Sehr gut'! Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-18-2008, 08:14 PM,
New Cave
Just because it's so much fun modding around and seeing what can be done, here's 2 more pics:

[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr21.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr22.jpg]

EDIT: I made a new cave. It's not a tileset because I don't know how to do that. It's an approach to bigger rooms that have more diversity than the original tiles. So far a few impressions from the CS. The caves in MW were a blast campared to the ones in Oblivion.

[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr23.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr24.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr25.jpg]

[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr25b.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr26.jpg]

Update: Yet another cave part:
[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr27.jpg]

And some more impressions:
[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr28.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr29.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr30.jpg] [Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr31.jpg]

Edit the 1024th: First glimpse at the remake of a bitter coast rock.

[Image: th_Sachiel_Rocks_scr32.jpg]

Could need more cowb..., umm, shading, couldn't it?
10-26-2008, 09:07 PM,

Hey! How did I miss this? This is, again, spectacular work. Maybe it's just because I've done a lot of landscaping and I realise how valuable your work is but I'm a big fan already. Please let me know when the rocks are totally re-textured for Steadhelm as I think I'll be using them straight away.

Just an FYI. 'Silgrad Tower' will probably not take on your cave that features the Ayleid architecture because there is a no-vanilla-objects policy and there is a general lore consensus that says the 'Heartland' High Elf influence did not stretch much beyond the 'Heartlands' of Cyrodiil. However, I'm also on the Black Marsh team and I'm sure they'd welcome your work with open arms over there. I'll post up a reference on those forums.

In the meantime, your cave that features the wooden construction and the large chasm is pretty damn nice! I got rapidly bored with the Oblivion dungeons but this reminds me of the creativity of the 'Thief' series that had some really cool (and really surreal) cave locations.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-27-2008, 03:01 AM,
RE: New Cave
Nice work Sachiel

Love the caves !!!

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-27-2008, 10:27 AM,

Would you be able to do a whole cave tileset, do you think? Again, I'm not sure if it uses vanilla models or not (which would probably eliminate it for consideration for ST) but Leo Gura's 'Lost Spires' dungeons are awesome! I think he re-textured the basic cave structure with 'Primeval Hollow' but I'm pretty sure that his 'Spire Ruin' tileset is original. Perhaps you could achieve something similar or even add to Leo's existing work...it would certainly raise a few eyebrows!
10-27-2008, 12:06 PM,

Hi. Cool that you like the caves. I'm not sure if I could do a tileset. I don't have any experince in making tileable caveparts. I'd ratgher go for completely modelled parts, maybe just big bubbles like in MW that can be filled with custom rock bridges, paths and the likes. You could add detail as you like and make it more unique. Like having separate stalactites and stone columns that can be added. But maybe it's a bad idea, what do you think?
Right now they are a bit "monochromatic" anyway because I used only one texture which looks good but, well, only because Bethsoft has such cool textures. Retexturing the cave could make them a bit more bland.

About the vanilla content, it was just an idea how the cave can be used. I didn't model new Aleyid (Aileyd? Ayileyid? Eyelid? damn, I hate the spelling of them) parts. Wink Basically it's just my mesh with vanilla textures. If you have any suggestions for cave parts that yould be cool, let me know. Right now I can only think about stairs, arches and pathways like the spiral one only straight.

And, yeah, I still have to texture the stones. Have you tried them btw? I made them as lowpoly as I could but maybe I overdid it a little.