Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rope Bridge Modeling
05-27-2008, 08:07 PM,

wow, very nice Smile the only thing that really bothered me was the texture stretching on the first vertical rope in the middle pic.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
05-28-2008, 01:08 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Where abouts did you set the scale? I remember reading that you can't use the scale option in the bhkTransformShape in NifSkope for collision, that you have to use the vector3 (?) co-ordinates to set the size of the collision.

I also remember their being a problems with using the scale option in the CS, but I think that was only when you made obkects/creatures much bigger (i.e. the collision mesh is at it biggest in the .nif file, so if you scale something up in the CS, the collision mesh doesn't scale with it). I don't know if this is a problem with scaling objects down, however.

ok, excuse my lack of knowledge of the use of nif but what i did was i clicked on the mesh and scrolled down the list and found a block called "scale" it was set to 1.0000 and then i changed it to 0.4... though firstly i went to the cs and tested the mesh with the original scale and it was just too big but i havn't saved it to test out the collision because i knew it would work because razorwing set it up. So when i saw how how big it was i didn't know that you can scale things in cs so i went to nif and changed it there. I then tested it out but it i just fell right throught. So from there i knew i did something, never the less i still have the original nif that i recieved from razorwing.

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
That looks absolutely stunning I really like what I see (to whom did I give my copy of Oblivion )

One thing though and a tiny one and only in case you didn't notice yourself:

when you take a look at the first picture, you'll see that the bridge or rather the posts ... beams? are without what I'd call a foundation (in lack of a better word) and it seems to kind of float on the ground ... or at least it's in a very unstable position on this side of the river (having a very bad sense of balance, I probably wouldn't walk this way )
I'm unsure, if it's better to lower it a bit or put another beam / piece of wodd / whatever under it, but I'd remedy that part.

Apart from that - excellent.

(and I deeply apologize, if I sound like a nitpicker, but I always thought that the small things really make the difference between 'great' and 'outstanding')

Greetings

Quentin
Yes Quentin, like me i get annoyed by the littlest thing ever. This is just a in-game test and i know about the placement of the bridge, but to my knowledge i think that this bridge will be placed between two ledges thus making it look like this. I lifted the bridge up abit so you can the wooden planks more clearly. I know that putting above the water is pretty weak and me myself wouldn't walk over it too. Wink
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
05-28-2008, 04:48 AM,

Aaah, so I see and understand now and happily withdraw my "cause". Smile

And again: excellent work

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-28-2008, 04:57 AM,

im happy to oblige Smile
i should slowly move on and make more variation to this bridge. Make another longer one, bigger one, sturdy one etc... perhaps though.
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
07-15-2008, 02:23 PM,

here are some updates. I also scaled my bridge and rigged it so it detects collision. I will continue to make more now that i am aware of the process legibly.

[Image: th_ScreenShot37.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot38.jpg] [Image: th_ScreenShot39.jpg]
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
07-15-2008, 02:42 PM,

Very nice, I'll definitely use your bridge for a small island I am working on. :goodjob:
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
07-15-2008, 02:57 PM,

excellent Smile i will be giving this bridge plus some additional to help you folks out a bit. Ill let razorwing know... what i'm planning to to. But i'm glad you took interest in it, it makes all my hard work pay off Tongue
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF
07-16-2008, 07:35 AM,

Nice :goodjob:

Though if you tile a bridge like you did in the screenshot shouldn't the supports be anchored into the ground? Perhaps you could lengthen the support poles so they reach much farther down.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-16-2008, 10:29 AM,

yes i know, this was just a visual test, just to see how im going and at the same time testing things out like collision and etc. Im giving you an example one one way you can place this, between small islands and such. So yeah, i am ware of that and i did make a longer extension to the pole for variable reasons but i didn't get around to it by placing it in the game i guess i forgotten or something.
Maybe it's intuition
Like in your eyes
And there it goes
BusterWolF