Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SCC0205 Hlaalu Savings Bank [Finished]
11-29-2009, 06:49 PM,

I have an idea as to how you can get the player to withdraw specific sums of money. Let me know if this sounds doable:

You talk to the teller and tell him you want to withdraw money. When you do so, you leave conversation and immediately "Activate" a container that has all of the player's savings in "Dunmer Coin" items. Since it's a container, when the player clicks on the money they should get a scroll-bar dialogue that asks how much they want to pick up. When the player's done, they can just exit the container.

It might be possible to have a similar system for deposits as well, but you would need some function that will force the player to drop a specific item. I don't know of any such function off the top of my head though. If it did exist, it would be preferable to have it drop all the gold into a container, but if that's not doable you might be able to just getItemCount gold before and after the transaction - the difference would be the total deposit put into this "savings" container.

I'll think on that last one a bit more.
11-30-2009, 12:29 AM,

Thanks TID. I am just finishing up the Safe deposit Box stuff. It is working pretty well I guess. The player can ask to purchase a safe deposit box.

The cost is a 50 gold one time fee and the box is always the player's. The manager has to take the player to the box but it adds atmosphere I think.

As for the account itself, I am open to ideas. At this point it is all buttons and math. The player deposits and/or withdrawals would be all variables.

The idea of being able to scroll the amount is pretty sweet. So let's try and work around your idea Smile

The claim is nearly finished except for the account and some minor details.
12-11-2009, 02:57 PM,

Hi all Smile

The Hlaalu Savings Bank

It's a Hlaalu Savings bank as indicated. There are two tellers whos names are Rarisa Fendyn and Sadmea Deras and a manager named Badamdril Faren. There are two guards on the premises from 7 in the evening until 9 in the morning. While in the Bank you can aquire a safe deposit box or create an account to place your gold.

The account creation has NOT been fully worked out yet. But the bank is fully functional otherwise. I have submitted the esp to Sandor but will post it here as backup.
12-11-2009, 03:35 PM,

Good to hear it. I like the idea of having somewhere to stash my gold!

Incidentally, shouldn't someone clear all the finished claims off the Soluthis and ST boards?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-11-2009, 04:02 PM,

Your esp has been merged. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
incidentally, shouldn't someone clear all the finished claims off the Soluthis and ST boards?
Finished claims are moved to the archive after a while.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-18-2010, 04:26 PM,

I am still working with the Savings Bank. I wanted to post some progress and maybe get some feed back.

1. There is more than one type of ST gold which makes it alot tougher to script. I am using gold001 at the moment which appears to be working fine for deposits and withdrawals.

2. TID mentioned possibly using a container menu. I did apply that but found it to be full of possibilities. I cannot script the container to only except gold. The player could in theory deposit his armor for example and it just seemed out of place. I am open to suggestion if indeed we could use the menu.

3. Currently I have scripted a deposit of all or none and a withdrawal of all or none. A 'message' displays with the current amount within the players account. BUT it appears to not be accurate until the process has been cleared through memory. So for example after making a withdrawal the account messages that you still have the full amount. After leaving the question and answer mode and returning the amount is correct. I dont see a work around as the script needs to cycle. So when should the message appear?

I am attaching the esp for Sandor or anyone who would like to try it out and give some feed back on aspects of the script. Again this is not a finished product and there is still work to be done.

EDIT: Please make sure you are in the bank between 9am and 5pm monday through friday. As it is not open outside of those hours and you will recieve no dialogue. Being who I am I forgot about those variables and got to the point of complete frustration Smile

Thanks, Charles aka: Zurke Smile
01-18-2010, 05:32 PM,

Thanks for the update, I'll post my feedback asap. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I am still working with the Savings Bank. I wanted to post some progress and maybe get some feed back.

1. There is more than one type of ST gold which makes it a lot tougher to script. I am using gold001 at the moment which appears to be working fine for deposits and withdrawals.

2. TID mentioned possibly using a container menu. I did apply that but found it to be full of possibilities. I cannot script the container to only except gold. The player could in theory deposit his armor for example and it just seemed out of place. I am open to suggestion if indeed we could use the menu.
nk between 9am and 5pm monday through friday. As it is not open outside of those hours and you will recieve no dialogue. Being who I am I forgot about those variables and got to the point of complete frustration Smile
Regarding #1.
We could change the script so it's possible to use our own currency as well.

Regarding #2.
I'll check the container idea, I am currently testing a few things.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-24-2010, 02:42 PM,

I'll send you a PM.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-27-2010, 12:48 AM,

I just finished the savings account script.

I also made changes to some of the managers dialogue.

I made some minor changes to object placement within the cell. The paper on the benches seems to bleed in game unless it is lifted slightly in the CS.

I added a SetCellPublicFlag to offlimit an hour after the bank closes.

I believe all will be happy.Smile But feed back is always welcome.

Thanks Sandor for the ideas!