Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC25 "Morag Tong Guild Hall" [Finished]
02-04-2008, 08:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Glad to be done, this is quite possibly the largest guildhall i've ever made

I know how you feel...I felt the same thing when I was finished with the castle...It ended up on 160 kB...

And now that I come and think of it, I'm not realy done with it, I started a quest that I still have to do...
I think that I'll begin on it again this weekend, but I'll finish the Farm first...

And was this the big house, like the Mages Guild in Leiiwyn (oh darn, to long since I played OB, have forgotten how the city name is spelled X(, but it might be right, think it was something like it Tongue)
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM,

It's a very nice interior and you spent a lot of time detailing the place. Smile

You have to make some adjustments though.
I'll post my review tomorrow.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM,

Fair enough. If everything was perfect on the first try, we wouldn't need reviewers. It's very tricky to remember everything i've got to shove into the guildhall.

I'll be looking for the review! hopefully it won't take too many more versions to get it right
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-14-2008, 07:45 PM,

General info.

Do not use "Default" music (cell data), it produces unexpected results with the StreamMusic script function.

blue[/HR]

Review

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the door markers e.g. in Steadhelm25a.

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

NPC.

All of the ST NPC's have to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.
We have our own STGeneric dialogue.

Add clothes to the NPC's which only have armor in their inventory.

AI.

Change the confidence, energy level, responsibility and personalty to customize the behaviour.

For the eat packages in Steadhelm08A (Lucan, Sermis) assign a chair that hasn't persistent reference checked.
So every NPC has to have his own chair.
You may use the chairs in the restaurant as well (Steadhelm08).

The following three packages won't work (no anims available).
StSeSHSermisGame16x2
StSeSH25LucanWork10x2
StSeSHLucanGame16x2
If you want to know which standard animations are possible, look under miscellaneous>>AnimObjects.
Didn't you notice this when you playtested the interior?

StSeSH25SermisSneakTraining for Sermis change it to a wander package.
The traning service doesn't work because it's class related.
If you want to offer services for an assassin you have to create a customized class.

Sleep packages : Check weapons and armor unequipped.
Eat packages : Check weapons unequipped.
NPC using a chair: Check weapons unequipped (screenshot).

Dialogue.

Add a GetInFaction function (StSrGenericDialsforST == 1) to the the quest data tab.
Add a GetPlayableRace function (==1) to the the quest data tab.
Set the priority to 6.

Info's are displayed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

StSeSH25FadvanDialogue
Fadvan has three infos with the same conditions (disp >=40) only the first one will be displayed.
Remove the other two or change the conditions.
The StSeSHBrallionFadvan and StSeSHBrallionFadvan2 should be added to the GREETING of Brallion.

StSeSH25LucanDialogue
Lucan has three infos with the same conditions (disp >=30) only the first one will be displayed.
Remove the other two or change the conditions.

StSeSH25SermisDialogue
Move the info "I have no time for your questions" to the top so it will be displayed (disp.<30).
Sermis has two infos with the same conditions (disp >=40) only the first one will be displayed.
Remove the second info or change the conditions.

General Remarks.

The doormarker is floating in Steadhelm25e.

Usage of furniture and clutter.

The use of furniture sets should be consistent, either Imperial or Dunmer.
Steadhelm is an Imperial city, the MT is a Dunmer institution so I'll make an exception and allow both, but you have to make a choice. Try to use one class (rich, poor or middle).

If you choose to use the Dunmer style replace (use search and replace) all of the Imperial furniture etc. by Dunmer items.

If you want to use the Imperial style (which I prefer because Steadhelm is an Imperial charter town) replace all of the Dunmer items by Imperial counter parts. Use the ST Imperial models whenever you have an alternative. For instance instead of CupboardFoodMiddle use the StFurnImpHutch01.

Because of this I didn't check for floaters.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-18-2008, 11:47 PM,

This might take me a while, cause i've been trying to fix my computer, and i'm probably going to have to reformat a drive or two in order to clear out some driver issues.

But, for the dialogue issues, can't i just check "random" and have the ones with identical dispositions be selected randomly? Otherwise, they'd only have one greeting each time. Unless i forgot to check random, in which case it's just another tick box to check off.

And for the StSeSH25BrallionFadvan dialogues, i need them to be displayed only after you talk to Fadvan about the corresponding topic. Is there a way to do that while still having the topics in Brallion's dialogue quest? I tested it, and it worked.

Forgot to test the training package though, probably cause it only displays if you're in the MT, which my characters are not.

And for those three game packages, i had this kind of vaguely defined idea that i wanted them to just sit down, and perhaps engage in conversation, and assigning them a "use item at" package that didn't actually have any Anims seemed a good way to do that (and i'm pretty sure it worked) Maybe i'll just assign them an eat or drink package instead. This is what i get for working at 12 at night

I think i'll go with Dunmer stuff for the clutter
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-19-2008, 03:01 PM,

This might take me a while, cause i've been trying to fix my computer, and i'm probably going to have to reformat a drive or two in order to clear out some driver issues.
Good luck! Smile

But, for the dialogue issues, can't I just check "random" and have the ones with identical dispositions be selected randomly?
Yes.

And for the StSeSH25BrallionFadvan dialogues, I need them to be displayed only after you talk to Fadvan about the corresponding topic.
I see, you don't have to change anything.
Please mention these special issues when posting the file for review. TIA.

Forgot to test the training package though, probably cause it only displays if you're in the MT, which my characters are not.
I only checked the class.

FYI
Console command.
Player.SetFactionRank 10C3C7F 1; sets the player to the Blind Thrall rank in the MT.

Maybe i'll just assign them an eat or drink package instead.
Ok.
If they are within speaking distance the NPC's start a conversation. I am assuming that "the skip fallout behavior" isn't checked for the active packages. If they both are sitting near the table with the game it should work (vanilla rumors). For ST we have to create/record the customized rumors (WIP).

I think i'll go with Dunmer stuff for the clutter
Ok.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM,

Ok, glad that's all cleared up. I really should've explained some of that stuff beforehand Confusedlap:.

Are there any good tutorials explaining the training packages? I could swear i've looked on the CSWiki and found nothing. If not, i'll just look at some of the thieves guild trainers

For the eating package in Steadhelm08A, should i check persistent reference on a chair

and finally, for
Quote:Originally posted by Sandor
Maybe i'll just assign them an eat or drink package instead.
Ok.
If they are within speaking distance the NPC's start a conversation. I am assuming that "the skip fallout behavior" isn't checked for the active packages. If they both are sitting near the table with the game it should work (vanilla rumors). For ST we have to create/record the customized rumors (WIP).

Should i keep the packages the way they are (with no anims, and perhaps change the package name to indicate a "dummy package")? or should i change them to an eat/drink package
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-20-2008, 10:08 AM,

Are there any good tutorials explaining the training packages? I could swear i've looked on the CSWiki and found nothing. If not, i'll just look at some of the thieves guild trainers
Just change StSeSH25SermisSneakTraining package to a wander package.
He will offer services when there are no other packages active.
If you want to extend the training hours select offer services for the other packages.

Go to the Character>>class menu and create (right-click, duplicate) a new class StSeMTAssassin (screenshot). Select training and which type of training, assign the new class to Sermis.

Now he'll offer the training service.
If you want to restrict the training to MT members, add a condition to the dialogue.

For the eating package in Steadhelm08A, should I check persistent reference on a chair
Yes.

Should I keep the packages the way they are (with no anims, and perhaps change the package name to indicate a "dummy package")?
Yes, assign a chair and rename the package to anything you like.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-19-2008, 09:52 PM,

Well, it was a lengthy revision, but i'm pretty darn sure i hit all of the things you brought up.

there are only two things left which make me hesitant about submitting the ESP. for some reason, it's behaving strangely in-game. It happened after the switch to the BSA, so i have hope that it'll resolve after merge, but here's a small list of things that don't work, and i can't figure out why

- Some of the chairs and benches will not work as furniture. I do not know why, i have checked them in the CS, i have checked the formIds ingame via the console, and NPCs can use them. Just not the PC
- One piece of dialogue for Lucan Crito is messed up. For some extremely strange reason, when you attempt to click on the dialogue topic "StSeSHLucanMT", it instead gives the response for "STRFSHC43TopicLuxurySuite" Even more bizarrely, it seems as though that topic doesn't exist anymore, and became renamed StSeSHLucanMT. i have NO idea how that happened. Looking into the details of the file, it doesn't mark the quest "StRFSHC43inkeepersDialogue" as having been modified. The CS doesn't mark the quest as having been modified either. Perhaps it was a formID conflict, seeing as it happened after i updated to a new ESM

Anyways, i'm not quite sure what to do about the chairs, which i think will resolve themselves, and the dialogue, which definitely won't.

And on a final, slightly off-topic note, the dialogue topics for StRFSHC43Innkeepersdialogue do not have NPCs in their conditions, meaning of course that anyone can say them. of course this could just be another thing the game screwed up somehow.

The file has been uploaded anyhow, in case you'd like to take a look yourself.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-20-2008, 07:17 AM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

Check this thread for the furniture issue.

The dial problem sounds like a Form ID conflict, I'll fix it.

EDIT
It's a Form ID conflict, (01)0082DC is also used by the "STRFSHC43TopicLuxurySuite" topic.

If you see something like this in the future, send the esp and I'll change the Form ID manually.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD