Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHC38 "The Outer Main Gate" [Finished]
08-06-2007, 06:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheronNightStar

I just tried opening (no active file) one of the broken esp's against the 2.57 esm and I got duplicate worldspaces. Is that how you knew?
That's one way, I used the TES4Gecko before I loaded a "new version" of the file into the CS and saw that the ST land Worldspace was in mod index 00 (the Form ID starts with 00).

The file is ok. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM,

WooHoo - that means I can mod all day tomorrow. Thanks again.
08-07-2007, 09:49 PM,

Ok, the SHC38 part of this is done as far as I know. Please put it through it's paces and the like. Any feedback would be appreciated.
08-08-2007, 11:30 AM,

Abbrev.

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files. TIA.

Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near large objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

Add an activator StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior, only for Soluthis).

Do not use "Default" music, it produces unexpected results with the StreamMusic script function.

If you create a new interior position the first piece of the tileset at X, Y, Z = 0, 0, 0. Use snap to grid (32-64) and snap to angle to create a basement etc. from a tileset.

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

AI:

- Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

- For the location: Don't use "in cell". It can produce unexpected behavior.

- Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

- Add a wander package type: Time and duration any and none. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.

[indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.

[indent][/indent] You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

Edit your dialogue through the quest window and not through the dialogue window (creates unclean dialogue).

Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels, in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better.

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.

Do not lock the door from the outside and do not link the door from the exterior to the interior, otherwise the AI won't work. The same applies to the ownership of the door.

If the PG between e.g. the basement and the house is interrupted (both in the same cell) you'll have to use a subspace (miscellaneous>>Subspace).

The Northern Tower

Remove the light behind the door (S).

The Steadhelm38NorthCorridor.

Remove the CastleRugMiddleCheydinhal, you could use the rugs for the Steadhelm Castle.

The Southern Tower.

Check the ingredients on the grill, B
The doormarkers (top floor), B (into the floor)

A few of the crates are bleeding into the wall e.g. StRFCrateClutterMiddleFood05

Pathgrid.

Place the NPC's on a th.

Don't bleed th's into the wall, the skirting board or a door.
Please recheck.

AI.

An example.

Drink package.

Type "use item at".
Specify a location.
Target (Any object; Object ID): "Drink beer" etc. and the animation will work.

If you want to know which animations are possible, look under miscellaneous>>AnimObjects.

Sleep packages : Check weapons and armor unequipped.
Eat packages : Check weapons unequipped.
NPC using a chair: Check weapons unequipped.

Define a time and duration for the packages.
Make sure these chronological and put a wander package (time and duration any and none, see above) as the last one in the list.

For Leo and Lurius only the top package will be executed.

Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none it will be executed if there are no other packages active (with a higher priority).
That's why these have to be last in the list.

Dialogue.

Info's are displayed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).
For Lurius the the top four have all a disposition of >=65 only the top one will be displayed. Change the disposition settings (the same applies to Leo's dialogue).

StRFTopicBanners (Lurius): Keep a whole sentence in one info, remove "lands" from the second info and change the first info so it fits.
Check the other topics as well (e.g. StRFTopicSavingLeo).

General Remarks.

Change the music type of the cells to public.
Change the ownership of the cells to StSPSteadhelm30Faction.
Remove the lower subspaces (redundant) the top ones will do the job.

Reduce the number of the Oblivion castle banners except for one or two (we're in Morrowind) and alter the dials accordingly.
You could use the Steadhelm banner.

As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw, in order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

No floating. :goodjob:

I think you made a nice interior. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-08-2007, 07:48 PM,

The textures were included in the public update but for some reason the meshes weren't included.

I attached the data (meshes and textures).

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
08-08-2007, 09:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor

The Northern Tower

Remove the light behind the door (S).

didn't know that was there, thanks - Done

Quote:AI.

Define a time and duration for the packages.
Make sure these chronological and put a wander package (time and duration any and none, see above) as the last one in the list.

For Leo and Lurius only the top package will be executed.

Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none it will be executed if there are no other packages active (with a higher priority).
That's why these have to be last in the list.

A great deal of thought went into the timing and priority of the AI packages. Each one has the times they are to run built directly into the conditions. I had to do this because 3 out of the 4 run at multiple times. If I put a time and duration on them it will break them. They are scheduled like this:

Package 1 (InKitchen):
4am - 7am
9am - 12pm
3pm - 6pm
9pm - 10pm

Package 2 (ServeFood):
7am - 9am
12pm - 2pm
6pm - 8pm

Package 3 (Eat)
2pm - 3pm
8pm - 9pm

Package 4 (Sleep)
10pm - 4am

I've followed them though out the course of an entire day - they work like I intended them to.

Quote:Dialogue.

Info's are displayed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).
For Lurius the the top four have all a disposition of >=65 only the top one will be displayed. Change the disposition settings (the same applies to Leo's dialogue).

Each of the different greeting plays according to what time it is. They work, try it.

Quote:General Remarks.

Change the ownership of the cells to StSPSteadhelm30Faction.

Oh, didn't know there was already a guard faction. I'll erase mine then - Done

Quote:Remove the lower subspaces (redundant) the top ones will do the job.

No - they are very needed. Leo tries to walk through the wall to the enlisted mess (lower tower on other side). Once I did this he figured it out.

Quote:Reduce the number of the Oblivion castle banners except for one or two (we're in Morrowind) and alter the dials accordingly.
You could use the Steadhelm banner.

But I liked my usage and logic... ;( ok - Done

Here is the modified version - have at it. (I think I got everything you said, unless I said so above)

P.S. Thanks for those meshes - solved the problem Big Grin
08-09-2007, 08:35 AM,

Don't bleed th's into walls etc. (S), the same applies the the X-marker heading.

The door marker near Leo is floating.

I was in hurry yesterday so routine struck and didn't check the other conditions, which is no good.
I rechecked the AI for Leo and he has to go to the lower part of the other tower (enlisted mess) so the whole tower needs a subspace (as you said in your last post). Without a subspace the NPC tries to take the shortest route, as you saw in-game.

I think you designed the AI very well. :yes:

With the timing and the "GetTalkedToPC" conditions the dials are (were) fine.

Check SHC29 for the final version.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD