Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHRAC05 "Steadhelm Region Area Claim" Old discussion IG
11-27-2008, 08:15 PM,

I have finally gotten around to sorting out the Bandit complex. I moved the Fort Ruin out towards the city in a fairly redundant area in front of the city walls (cell 54,16 or something like that) and replaced it with a cave. At the moment the cave has no door or clutter besides a couple of Dunmer overhangs.

I then proceeded to set up the 'Star o' Death' with all of the sentry outposts in place along with Bandits for each one. However, there are still two guards showing up in most places as opposed to one....but I expect this can be sorted once we lose the basic enemy lists. No ground troops exist yet but these should appear in the final version so that poorly equipped PCs are easily repelled.

I can report that the lift operates under RW's console command (playgroup forward/backward 1) but that the first time I used it I fell through the platform. Besides this tricky piece of coding mentioned by Phitt here: Razorwing's Modelling Thread , it would also benefit from nick_op's idea of having a switch.

Finally, I removed the OB content from around Saragul Nur and replaced it with BC rocks and a little bit of re-texturing (see screenies). I will attach some screenshots here but bear in mind that my graphics card is doing strange things at the moment so the quality is reduced. Also, for some bloody weird reason, I've started to get plenty of 'absent ground' walking around STLand. It was okay in these cells but other cells simply didn't exist.

Progress Report

Landscaping & Height Editing - Not much to do for this claim, really. I will amend things as I go.
Terrain Texturing - 5-6 cells have now been fully textured (51,5 - 51,7 & 52,5 - 52,7).
Main features (with map markers) - One Ruin (Sarathul Nur). One cave is a WiP and perhaps another location still to come.
Flora - Nothing added, although I noticed there are some slough ferns already present.
Enemies & Pathgridding - Bandits added to the tree ambush complex.
Vertex Shading - Basic.

Extra Information - Cells 55,3 - 55,5 and 56,3 - 56,5 have already been completed within the final .esp for Claim 6.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-30-2009, 12:11 AM,

I'm sorry I wasn't able to complete this, sandor. It was my little baby, too. I've always had it at the back of my mind as something I'd complete eventually. I may even do so but in the meantime, I hope this esp is sufficient.

I still have the 'progress map' I was working on somewhere. It involved crossing out the cells that had been completed as I went. A fair bit had been done and I guess I could do a basic job of it quickly.

The only problem is that I'm really not in a position to do the stuff I did with the other claims where I placed a LOT of ferns. The last plan I had was to slowly phase out the ferns as you move from South to North in a natural fashion. I didn't realise it at the time but I was giving myself a lot of extra work just for this particular aesthetic effect.

It's fine if you'd prefer to leave the claim completely open. I won't be offended.

Btw, the bandit complex in this esp featuring RW's lovely animated lift (the one that he did so well and that I failed miserably to complete) should all be in position.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
06-30-2009, 06:08 PM,

Thanks, I'll check the esp. Smile

EDIT
I have decided not to use this esp. :check:
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD