Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvagers.
03-07-2010, 02:23 PM,

This sounds like an ideal tie-in with the Ancient Lunar Temples - assuming I or someone else ever sorts out the modelling. According to the original work-up there are supposed to have been 16 of them. Some are going to have been over-built by newer temples, others may still stand either in-use or lost, and the rest will be ruined. Lots of scope for sending the player all over Elsweyr looking for them.
Morcroft Darkes
03-07-2010, 05:36 PM,

Another idea is the coins and jewellery of the Anequina and Palentine period.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM,

Officially limited to one quest, as minor faction. Based in one of the Northern-Imperialised Cities, or in Rimmen. Recurring mini-quest after you've finished the 'proper' quest, where by you receive payment when you hand over artifacts, trinkets, etc.

Edit: Needs a better name too, not neccesarily a Ta'agra name.
03-09-2010, 02:02 PM,

Relic hunters or Legacy of Elsweyr.
03-09-2010, 04:03 PM,

Vultures, perhaps? Keeps the desert scavenger link.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-09-2010, 04:16 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
Vultures, perhaps? Keeps the desert scavenger link.
More likely to be what other people call them.... I like Catlemur's "Legacy" - sounds suitably euphemistic. Should definitely have some more disparaging opinions expressed about them, though.

@TOYB: why one quest + recurring fetches? Is that a CS / game engine limit?
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2010, 05:12 PM,

No, it's just so that we can keep everything down to a reasonable limit, instead of planning large quests that can't all be implemented.

Of course, later on some modders might want to make expansions for the mod that add more quests for some factions, but the 1-quest-per-minor-faction rule is I think a good guideline for our initial work.

I suggest that since we're limited to 1 quest, it should be about the Numidium schematic and involve the Halls of Colossus (it's located in the right part of Elseweyr too).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-09-2010, 06:09 PM,

As a planning guide then - I agree. Makes sense: you've just spent several days cleaning up where people's imaginations have run a bit too free!
As you say, we could always retro-fit more quests to be an early story if and when time and resources permit.
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
As a planning guide then - I agree. Makes sense: you've just spent several days cleaning up where people's imaginations have run a bit too free!
As you say, we could always retro-fit more quests to be an early story if and when time and resources permit.
=)
03-09-2010, 08:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft

The thing is however, we will most likely not have the time or the resources to ever retro-fit, for example, we have 7 cities, and each city will need between 4-5 misc quests, and while that isn't that much compared to the stock game, it would take 1-3 weeks to make one misc quest (if the modder isn't strictly a quest modder, if they were they could probably churn it out within a week). If were were working at the best possible speed, that's still 35 weeks worth of work, and would probably be closer to a year's worth of work, noting this doesn't include any breaks modders take, and that this is only the misc quests for cities, the towns will atleast need one to two misc quests each, 18 towns, so around 18 to 36 quests -another years worth of work, and then you're not taking into account misc quests in the wilderness, faction quests, and the Main Quest.