Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvagers.
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM,

Oh I just hate realists....

>(

Seriously, though - I take your point, although its a bit dispiriting when laid out like that.
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2010, 08:51 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Oh I just hate realists....

>(

Seriously, though - I take your point, although its a bit dispiriting when laid out like that.

It sure is dispiriting, but that's why we have to be smart about how we manage things, so that the idealists can work with what we have and make it amazing, rather than making more than what we can afford and bring down the overall mod. If we are intelligent about how we manage out time and resources, the time taken to make the mod will drastically decrease, and the overall quality will actually increase. Bethesda themselves knew this -did Oblivion have lots of smaller faction questlines? No they did have smaller factions, but limited them to just 1-2 quests, oftern with a recurring quest following, like the Order of Virtuous Blood, Knights of the White Stallion, etc. We CAN have smaller factions, quite a few of them, but we have to be reasonable about how we manage them Big Grin
03-09-2010, 10:58 PM,

The quest could be implemented similarly to The Collector. It seems to be pretty much the same quest with a different story.
03-09-2010, 11:01 PM,

I think that's basically the "recurring fetches" idea: the payback is a known item (Ayleid statues; shadowbanish wine or whatever) and you can can just shove one into a crate somewhere: questlet done.
Morcroft Darkes
03-09-2010, 11:21 PM,

That's exactly the idea, although we could make it a bit more diverse. I envisage there being a character who tells the player lore about the various kinds of artefacts that are valuable, and the folk tales associated with them. You can then drop the different things off and get money for it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-09-2010, 11:41 PM,

So if we're canny about it, the salvagers is perfect for giving the impression of dozens of quests where actually there's only a few: one that's just to collect as many items of a given type as you can; one that's to visit the sixteen lunar temples and recover the sixteen ... um.. thingies of whatzizface - that sort of thing. Really each is just just "deliver lore spiel"; "pay for MacGuffin".
Morcroft Darkes
03-10-2010, 12:17 AM,

That's the idea, yes.

03-10-2010, 11:59 AM,

I'm available for quest-making, and I'm quite fast at it. I managed to do a kidnapping quest with interiors and everything,in about two days. and i tell it wasn't easy.
I think I posted here a long time ago: Renrijra Krin
03-10-2010, 12:04 PM,

That's great! As soon as the world map is ready, we can start on the interiors and linked quests. Although we should start planning them now.