06-22-2008, 08:37 AM,

Finished.
06-22-2008, 10:36 AM,

Thanks for posting the file. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-23-2008, 06:55 PM,

Hi olavi, I reviewed your file and noticed the following things. Smile

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

General info.

Please add a version number to the name of your esp files ie. SCC0326v1.0

It seems like you created a new object "stdunfi" and it's not in use? Why is this, there is already rugs and there is no need for new object IDs. stdunfi will be removed before merging to .esm.

Fix all the following bleeders so that they won't hit the walls or other objects. The main thing of placing objects is that when someone is playing the mod, he doesn't see minor errors in interiors, like when bed is bleeding into the wall. Press "F" to fall down all the floaters.

I know this is dotf***ing Smile, but we want everyone to see our mod without minor bleeders and floaters etc.

You should playtest all of your interiors whether you made changes or not to a previous file, see (S) where chair is halfway in floor.

The screenies are not in order, but you will find them at the end of post.

Second Floor

Put more containers(2-3) to the upper floor.

Bleeders
  • The desk is bleeding into the wall
  • Both of the beds are bleeding into the wall. I suggest you to rotate the door-side bed so that NPC can enter it from the middle of the room.
  • Books on the desk are placed with havoc sim and they are now floating with one of their corners, re-position the books
  • The candle on the desk is bleeding with the hourglass and with the desk., reposition it, please.

Replace the following objects
  • On the shelf is a folded cloth from vanilla Oblivion. St have folded cloths so replace FoldedCloth04 with ie. StIdMiscDunClothFolded04 or similar.
  • Hourglass on table. We've got own models for those too, use ie. StIDhourglassbrassblue

Rotate following objects
  • All of the bottles on the shelf are heading the same way, so rotate them so that they will look more like someone placed them there rather than drag 'n' dropping them onto the shelf.

The First Floor

The Dinner Room
  • There is a shelf bleeding through the wall, reposition it.(S)
  • On the table, there are few floating objects ie. the bread and the candle
  • It's still a poor-middle house so avoid using glass objects like the glass cup on the table. (S)
  • Avoid also using vanilla Oblivion objects like the sweetroll, replace it with ie. StIngrMuffin02 (S)
  • The tapestry near the table is bleeding into the wall (S)
  • Move both of the chairs and the table a bit out of the wall because one of the chair is bleeding to the wall and the other chairs silhouette is bleeding to the wall (S)

Side Room.
  • There are total of three beds and two NPCs why is that? The bed is also bleeding into the wall.
  • The bottles on the shelf in the small room downstairs are heading the same way, so rotate them.
  • Replace the ClothBolt01, it's vanilla OB object, try to use St models like StIdMiscDunClothFolded
  • I noticed Tongs01 on the table, which is floating, try to replace it with St model ie. StRwMiscDunProngs (S)
  • You can switch the beer, ale and mead bottles if you want to with StRwMiscComBottle models or Dunmer beer mottles like Matze or Shein.
  • Tapestry is bleeding into the wall. (S)

The Main Room.
  • One bookshelf is bleeding with wall (S)
  • The box is bleeding into the wall and it's in front of the window, try to resize the box by holding S and moving the mouse. (S)
  • Replace the hourglass to ie. StIDhourglassbrassblue. (S)
  • Replace the StFurnDunPoorStool03B so that sitting NPCs are sitting to the chair from front in this place (S)
  • Reposition the paperlantern to the highest shelf so that it isn't bleeding through the shelves. (S)
  • The chair is bleeding to floor, StFurnDunPoorStool03B same as above, see (S)
  • The bottles on the shelf are bleeding into the next shelf, resize them. (S)

NPCs
  • All of the ST NPC's have to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.
  • Both of the NPCs hair colors is orange, please change it.
  • Choose eyes for NPCs, don't leave the eye box none or default.
  • When making keys define the .DDS and .NIF files for the key. For the door key the files should be Oblivion>Data>Meshes>ST>Clutter>Dunmer file Key01 and Oblivion>Data>Textures>Menus>Icons>St file IconKeyDunmer01. It's always easier to doubleclick on an existing key in the Object Window and change the Object ID and make a new object.

AI
  • When making AI position the packages in chronological order so that the Wander package is last and all the other packages start and end times are in order from 0 to 24
  • When making NPC to read books just simply use the Object type Books, not Object ID. Also add a book into NPC inventory so he/she got something to read.
  • When you make Wander package, don't touch the Time and Duration and when Wander package is the last package, the NPC will wander when he has got nothing else to do.
  • You marked weapons unequipped for the reading package and the eat package for Ulvenler Randas, but he doesn't have any weapons in his inventory. Recheck the Weapons Unequipped or add a weapon into his inventory and check the Weapons Unequipped for all packages except the wander pack.
  • For Ulvenler Randas' wander package don't check the locking and unlocking, besides make the unlocking and locking for the sleep package, when he wakes up he unlocks the doors and when its bedtime he locks them.
  • Customize the Agression, Confidence, Energy level, Responsibility and personality.
    Be careful with the aggression value.
  • STOLulvenlerrandasdrink package, the count 1 is irrelevant

Dialogue
  • You marked text "I love silgrad city. I belong here." condition OR, it should be AND to avoid every other NPC to say that line.
  • Add GetIsPlayableRace == 1 into the Quest Data tabs Quest Conditions. That condition is essential for all quests to work out.
  • When you're making dialogues, don't use the Add Topics Box in the right side of the window, use result script: addtopic <your topic name>
  • You made condition of GetDisposition >= 20 and if someones disp. is less than that, the "Hi" Greeting doesn't show up. Remove the GetDisposition and leave only the GetIsId conditions.
  • Make another topic about Morrowind or anything you get into your mind. make also another Greeting for the other NPC if you like to.
    :alert:
  • Deselect the OR from the second GetIsID in the info of GREETING "Hi". The dial will show up in other NPC's as well (contamination)

Doors
  • When locking and unlocking doors, don't assign a faction as the locker/unlocker, because it won't work. Set a NPC to lock/unlock the door.
  • The lock level should be set to Needs a key so that sandor will adjust the lock levels himself when finishing the district.
  • I think you should lock the second level door too, so that not any thieves can enter the house when they sleep. Make the locker same as the other doors locker and for lock level put Needs a key.

Pathgrid

There are some floating th's ; position all th's on floor.
Fix all the th's to red ones and delete all th's on the stairs see below why.
Watch out for th's which are bleeding into objects badly. NPCs might get stuck. Assign the lines between th's so that the lines go about half meter away from ie. pillars.

Change (select and press Alt) the blue th's into red th's or create a priority path (connect the blue th's to each other).
Make sure the th's touch the door markers and the sh's of the furniture.

Don't bleed th's into the wall, the skirting board, furniture or a door.

This th is correctly placed.
This th is bleeding into the furniture.

Don't place a th on the stairs (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

General

When altering lights, prefer fake lights and light bulbs to improve FPS.

There is not much clutter though it's poor-middle house. Add a bit more clutter like towels, tan candles, bottles and bowls.

Add also a bit more containers and chest into the top floor which contains just some gold and clutter stuff as somekind of treasure chest and lock it with new key ID. Now the interior isn't very good place for thieves.

Add maybe 1 or 2 windows and remember to check that the exterior and the interior match.

Don't take it into yourself because of that list, everyone got long list of things to fix on their first ST interior, and when you've done around 5 of them, you'll start placing objects etc. perfectly because you have learned from your own mistakes. Always remember to playtest your interiors too and see if objects act odd when NPC sits down or goes to sleep.

It's always good to test the interior by testing all of NPCs AI and test their dialogues to work. Walk around a few minutes and think that is everything okay, do I see any bottles coming through walls? It's a good start.

Good modding, it's a nice interior Smile :goodjob:
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
06-30-2008, 11:16 AM,

@olavi

Have you worked on it yet? Follow the list and fix the interior.

TIA Smile

blue[/HR]

:alert:
@olavi
If you want to continue with this claim, please send a PM (when not already claimed).

sandor
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!