Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0369 [Finished]
05-04-2008, 10:07 AM,

I'm using the idea Trankintor said earlier. The thing is that I need to make a route for the "missing" NPC at the Riverside District so if you could tell where the morgues exterior is exactly placed. ( and also tell how a route can be made for NPC)

Plz use screenshots Smile

Question:

Do I first disable the NPC in CS and make a stage result script as .enable?

Or do I just add the new topic when the quest is on right stage?
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
05-04-2008, 02:16 PM,

I sent you a PM.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-05-2008, 08:56 AM,

Use the attached file (cleaned) to continue with your modding.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM,

The quest works quite well, but i suggest that you check the dialogues and other texts because they may be full of typos...

:bananarock:
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

05-08-2008, 06:44 PM,

Review
  • Check the CandlestickFloor01Yellow128 they are bleeding a little.

• Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).

• Select an eye for the NPC's

• You could write something in the ledger.

• Add more clutter (25-30 objects) to the second floor, a personal chest etc. Make it look like their personal room.

• Try to vary the lighting settings (edit cell) for every different interior.

• Doors.
    In this case it's a public place so the doors have to be open day and night (except for the second floor), so that bodies can be carried into the morgue.

• Put the dead bodies on top of a few tables so they are lying on the table.

• Add some religious stuff near the dead e.g. a small altar with some offerings.

Quest.
  • Add a queststage 30 and describe the purpose, it makes the quest more readable for other modders.

• Fix the result script for stage 100 (adding gold)

• The "I have bad news..." info doesn't show up because of an incorrect condition (playtesting?)

• Remove the default wander package from Daloma, it's redundant.

• For the StHmScc0369LBFollowPlayer package, add a condition (GetDistance) so that he returns to the morgue after finding the body.

• Add a few lines to the script.
    When the player returns to the morgue (following Bralryn Danoran inside SCC0369) the script disables the body.

In short, a very nice quest, almost finished. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-18-2008, 09:41 PM,

Sorry for late reply, I have been busy last few days.

I used StartConversation instead of that Bralryn would go back to Morgue after Mindlyn is dead because I had problems with the conditions Big Grin and this way seems to work as well.

I have bad news... should now also show up

There is no need for GetDistance condition because Bralryn goes back to morgue because his packages are still running (there are no gaps between packages...)

Here it is

05-19-2008, 05:31 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
  • Doors.
    In this case it's a public place so the doors have to be open day and night (except for the second floor), so that bodies can be carried into the morgue.

Quest.
  • Add a few lines to the script.
    When the player returns to the morgue (following Bralryn Danoran inside SCC0369) the scrpt disables the body.

Review
  • Make it so that the door downstairs isn't locked.

• The body will be disabled when the NPC is standing nearby, make it so that the PC has to follow Bralryn Danoran, to receive the reward inside the interior. When the PC is inside the interior, disable the body.

• For the info "Have you found the body yet?", change the GetStage Comp to ">=10".

• Remove the "Going to the morgue" package, errors during the CS loading process.

• Check the ledger --> "Dunme"

• Don't bleed the windows to far into the wall (screenshot, correct example).

• Increase the size of the tables so that the dead NPC's are completely lying on the table

For the script.
  • Add a DoOnce variable (performance) which skips the the lines below, when the quest has been finished.

• For the script line:
    "if StHmScc0369BralrynDanoranRef.GetDistance StHmScc0369MindlynRef <= 250" add a "&& getstage StHmScc0369LostBody == 40".

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-19-2008, 06:29 PM,

I fixed those things, actually this is my first time to use own variable in script so it could be wrong... the quest works fine now and the body disappears when player is not in same cell.

BTW into the next .esm fix one thing: In-game there is Die not Dice Big Grin with dices, a little typo with that

file...(I don't remember what version is on, let's say it's 1.5)

05-19-2008, 06:57 PM,

The file has been merged. Smile

FYI
It's one die and if you have more than one it's e.g. two dice.

Nice modding! :goodjob:

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-19-2008, 07:08 PM,

The file has been merged. Smile

FYI
It's one die and if you have more than one it's e.g. two dice.

I always thought that it's dice and multiple dices (my english is 9 now) Big Grin heh good to know

Nice modding! :goodjob:

Thanks Smile