Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0401 [Finished]
02-19-2008, 10:44 AM,

Both meshes were included in the Private Update 14.
I attached a screenshot from my CS.

Recheck your install.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-21-2008, 12:15 AM,

Thanks Sandor, I will try again. I installed 14 and then 17 per direction. I am sure they are going where they should as I did it manually after unzipping. I will get back with you.

edit: I went from saying I had the items but they returned markers, to somehow saying I did not have them!!

I do have them. My CS lays them out as yours does in the photo. Only, I get model load errors. My only guess is that I am having issues with the CS. Probably because I am on the notebook. Not sure what the difference would be between the meshes though. Anyway, I am getting by with what I can render. When I can mod from my tower again I will be happier.
02-27-2008, 12:19 AM,

I am turning this one in as it appears to be ready. As usual I am learning and have thick skin.

I used a couple of imperial items as the interior was not very large and thought the ST items were too big for the space.
02-27-2008, 08:20 PM,

I'll reply asap (for the other claim as well).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-29-2008, 09:53 PM,

Most of what I would type here has actually already been pointed out by sandor here. Look over that list and make any necessary changes to this interior. As always with Silgrad City, sandor is in charge so listen to him.

- Reposition the shelf on the first floor (screenshot 1), you might want to use snap-to-grid and/or angle-snap (Top two items from link)
- Any time you create a new entry for an NPC, an object, a faction, or [fill in blank], you are supposed to use your modding abbreveation. The AndulesFamily faction should be named StZkAndulesFamily.
- The cushions look like they're floating a bit. Sink them slightly. (screenshot 2)
- You need replace a lot of the default vanilla furniture you used with furniture from our mod.
- You need to rotate those table clutter objects more for variation. It's very obvious you didn't rotate a number of the objects you placed.
- Don't use books about Cyrodiil if you can avoid it. "Guide to Anvil" and "Guide to Bravil" aren't likely to be found in Morrowind.
(re)-EDIT:
- STZKBDNoc3ContDunmerSmall02utensils, rename it to be something more appropriate (STZKContDunmerSmall02DunmerGold). I don't know if the Dunmer gold misc items are supposed to be used like that.

Dialogue
- Sorry, I'm really picky about how things are worded. Tongue
"I am a tradesman. I helped to build some of the dwellings within this city."
I don't know if tradesman is the right word in this context. Also get rid of the word "to", and replace "within" with "in".
"This house while being within a greater city, is very comfortable."
I think "Despite being in a big city, this house is very comfortable." might sound better.
"I do what I can to keep it a home and Drelam certainly helps when he can."
I don't know what you mean by "keep it a home".
"Hello I am Drelam Andules."
"Hello I am Meralmi Andules."

Change one of the greetings to be slightly more unique.

As with the other interior, this one will need to be looked at again after you've made changes. You should also playtest the claim before posting the new version.
02-29-2008, 10:15 PM,

Ty TID for the review. Sandor gave me alot of insight into what will be needed for this mod in his scathing review of my other mod(just kidding)Smile. I dont think you are "dialogue picky", no doubt that is a big part of the game. I will go through your list and correct as necessary.
02-29-2008, 10:33 PM,

Quote:- Don't use books about Cyrodiil if you can avoid it. "Guide to Anvil" and "Guide to Bravil" aren't likely to be found in Morrowind.

I would think Cheydinhal-related stuff in moderation would be OK. I absolutely agree in general with the primacy of ST objects. The exceptions are when someone brings in something really cool and a good story to go with it, like Kielanai's well-traveled scout in Soluthis.

Steve
02-29-2008, 11:43 PM,

Thanks Zurke. Smile

SACarrow: Curious thing to bring up here of all places. Wink I was referring to the two books about Anvil and Bravil. I would say very limited amounts of Cheydinhal related stuff. Cheydinhal is still in Cyrodiil, and is very much Imperial. If we wanted to go for more immersion, I think we should keep Cyrodiil books in general to a minimum. But it is up to sandor in this case.
03-01-2008, 12:32 AM,

Sorry if I wasn't clear; happens a lot. Smile I would expect a little cross-border leakage, but having said that, you'd think the leakage would be from nearby. What American influences Ontario has probably don't come from Texas. Big Grin So a guide to Cheydinhal might make sense. Anvil? Not so much. :lmao:

That's all that was meant,
Steve
03-03-2008, 12:29 AM,

Since this debate is about the books I chose to place I will chime in. My thought process was that ST is part of OB not separate(cant play one without the other). I also had the understanding that in overall concept Cyrodiil and Morrowind were part of the same "planet" both written about in the same history.

Just as anyone of us could take a trip to china and possibly have guides to get there, so could ST inhabitants visit Cyrodiil. Keeping reference to Cyrodiil next to non existant in ST is not a problem, I just did not understand that it was being done.

Charles