Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0520 [Finished, Voicework Finished]
05-10-2008, 02:47 PM,

Sounds good to me IG. Smile
05-11-2008, 12:38 PM,

Hi Zurke,

For some reason these forums have gone a funny colour and I can't see what I'm writing so I'll leave typing up a transcript of the lines for now. Nonetheless, the lines are done and available for download here: http://files.filefront.com/Pete+the+Fire...einfo.html

In the meantime, it's worth mentioning that I did several different 'takes' on Magogtus. The main one is my normal 'Dremora voice that I've done for other mods such as 'Oblivion Sound Sets' but I think it would work a little better perhaps if an echo effect is added. Anyway, I'll let you decide.

Also, I added a couple of lines for Pete. They're just normal greetings files for when Pete is at the height of his 'illness'. And here are the mp3 conversions, too: http://files.filefront.com/Pete+mp3srar/...einfo.html If you let SACarrow know, he can probably help you with these.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-11-2008, 11:35 PM,

Actually, after listening to it, I wouldn't even consider using the 'normal' sounds for Magogtus. The recordings that I tend to do for Dremorans maximise the throaty sounds so that it enhances the effect once pitch-shifting is done. The recordings on their own, meanwhile, sound really shitty Wink

Anyway, here's a transcript of the recordings. They are all in the order in which they have been written down above. Be mindful of the fact that Pete is seriously losing it... :yes:

Pete 01 – “Hahaha…how you doing? I’m knackered, I am, knackered…but I’m still rocking…hahaha.”
Pete 02 – “I can’t get no sleep. I’m buzzin’, mate. I’m on fire. Watch out because I’ll have you…hellfire, hellfire…hahahaha….I haven’t slept in months…here, can you smell something burning?”
Pete 03 – “Yes, it, so what? I don’t know what it’s called. Do you think you’re clever or something?...you…I don’t know…I’m sorry…G-going mad, I am…ugly bastard! Torments me, it does. Help me!...f-f-flames…hahaha.”
Pete 04 – “Ah well, that’s a hot topic, isn’t it? Geddit? Hahaha…thanks, buddy. Watch your back, though…f-f-f-fire f-f-f-feeds on your life force. C-can’t think straight…hehehe. Please, the ledger, the ledger over there, have a nice read. Don’t throw it on the fire, whatever you do.”
Pete 05 – “Hahaha, neither do I. Neither do I…human fuel, I am…feed us a log, won’t you?”
Pete 06 – “Kill…the…bastard!...W-water, anything. Comes tonight, it does. You need to be here before eleven. Wear your hot pants…hahahaha.”
Pete 07 – “It’s gone. I can feel it. The fires, they’re out. Thank you, my friend.”
Pete 08 – “I don’t know what to say. I know I want to thank you. Here, take this bow. I want nothing to do with it.”
Pete 09 – “Hello, my good friend. My house is yours.”

Magogtus 01 – “I am Magogtus and I have an agreement with the man called Pete. He has chosen me and, in time, he will remember why.”
Magogtus 02 – “Hahahaha! Foolish incompetent! I suggest you take your own advice and cool off while you still can.”
Magogtus 03 – “What I will consider is how I will display your charred bones when I have finished with you.”
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-12-2008, 01:03 AM,

Hi IG.

edit: I will install them asap.
05-15-2008, 04:00 PM,

Hi Steve,

I spoke with Sandor and now that I have a full understanding of what needs to happen I am posting the info for you.

Thanks to Ibsen's Ghost we now have all the sound files. I really liked the echopitched for Magogtus but if you or Sandor, or anyone else for that matter, feels like it should be otherwise please do.

I will relist everything for ease of reading:

IG -"Anyway, here's a transcript of the recordings. They are all in the order in which they have been written down above. Be mindful of the fact that Pete is seriously losing it..." >;( (see my previous post listing the dialogue it will have to be changed to what is below).

Pete 01 – “Hahaha…how you doing? I’m knackered, I am, knackered…but I’m still rocking…hahaha.”
Pete 02 – “I can’t get no sleep. I’m buzzin’, mate. I’m on fire. Watch out because I’ll have you…hellfire, hellfire…hahahaha….I haven’t slept in months…here, can you smell something burning?”
Pete 03 – “Yes, it, so what? I don’t know what it’s called. Do you think you’re clever or something?...you…I don’t know…I’m sorry…G-going mad, I am…ugly bastard! Torments me, it does. Help me!...f-f-flames…hahaha.”
Pete 04 – “Ah well, that’s a hot topic, isn’t it? Geddit? Hahaha…thanks, buddy. Watch your back, though…f-f-f-fire f-f-f-feeds on your life force. C-can’t think straight…hehehe. Please, the ledger, the ledger over there, have a nice read. Don’t throw it on the fire, whatever you do.”
Pete 05 – “Hahaha, neither do I. Neither do I…human fuel, I am…feed us a log, won’t you?”
Pete 06 – “Kill…the…bastard!...W-water, anything. Comes tonight, it does. You need to be here before eleven. Wear your hot pants…hahahaha.”
Pete 07 – “It’s gone. I can feel it. The fires, they’re out. Thank you, my friend.”
Pete 08 – “I don’t know what to say. I know I want to thank you. Here, take this bow. I want nothing to do with it.”
Pete 09 – “Hello, my good friend. My house is yours.”

Magogtus 01 – “I am Magogtus and I have an agreement with the man called Pete. He has chosen me and, in time, he will remember why.”
Magogtus 02 – “Hahahaha! Foolish incompetent! I suggest you take your own advice and cool off while you still can.”
Magogtus 03 – “What I will consider is how I will display your charred bones when I have finished with you.”

IG's links:
one
two

I needed two more files as I failed to list two lines of dialogue.

If the player refuses to help pete, the next time he chooses IT?, pete's greeting will be:

old: I Stand no chance against this.... this thing. You must help me!.

pete 10 - "I stand no chance against this… this thing. You can’t fight fire with fire. You’ve got to help me."

Magogtus's first greeting is:

Magogtus 04 - "Mine is not your concern."

Link

Also the ledger on the table will have to be altered with what IG posted above. I had done all of this already but didn't realize the file had been merged. I hope this is easy enough to read/understand. TIA.Smile
05-15-2008, 10:51 PM,

Thanks for your hard work, Zurke. It looks like you're a dominant force around Silgrad!
05-15-2008, 11:43 PM,

Thanks IG. I am not sure about the dominant force Smile. But thanks to you and Steve, Sandor, TID, I hope I didn't miss anyone, the mod came together.

I guess we had a minor problem with the esp being merged. I didn't realize what the issue would be as far as adding the new dialogue or I would have asked Sandor to hold on a bit. But he knows his stuff so we will do just fine. Smile
05-16-2008, 07:05 PM,

@Zurke
Your update for the dialogue has been merged to the esm. Smile

I'll send the link for the updated esm on Monday (IG and SACarrow are away for the weekend).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-16-2008, 07:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
I'll send the link for the updated esm on Monday (IG and SACarrow are away for the weekend).

Ok.

edit: nm
05-16-2008, 07:32 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Question: When I update an esm should I do it before I start a new esp? Like the road claim I just took on. If I start that is it an issue to update the esm?
This is only necessary when something has been altered in the same area (land) where you have to mod the road. In this case nothing has been changed. In principal always use the latest version, but for interiors it's not a real problem to use an older version (max. two-three weeks).

For the landscaping always use the latest version and do not start with the modding before informing/asking TheImperialDragon (responsible Core member). We'll inform each other, to avoid possible Esm conflicts.
As shown in this link.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD