Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scc0520 [Finished, Voicework Finished]
05-04-2008, 03:17 PM,

Just remember to put the quests condition as GetIsPlayableRace == 0 if you use Dremora and want dialogue for him.

This just popped in mind when reading Zurkes last post Smile
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
05-07-2008, 09:02 PM,

Well I think it is ready. I am not worried about hitting pete and him getting angry. The player should be more deliberate with his blows.Smile
05-08-2008, 08:57 PM,

Sorry, Zurke,

I've not forgotten about this. I've just been really busy. I'm hoping to find some spare time to take a closer look at this soon.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-08-2008, 11:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Sorry, Zurke,

I've not forgotten about this. I've just been really busy. I'm hoping to find some spare time to take a closer look at this soon.

It's quite alright IG. We are all busy from time to time. I did the dialogue but it could use voiceSmile. AND if you feel like you want to swap out some dialogue for something you were thinking please do.
05-09-2008, 05:10 PM,

Finished, including a very nice quest! :goodjob:

I leave the thread in the claims section because Ibsen's Ghost is still working on the VW. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ZurkeI did the dialogue but it could use voiceSmile. AND if you feel like you want to swap out some dialogue for something you were thinking please do.

Dialogue? Could you post it to me as a text file or something in a PM? I'd like to take a look at it even if I don't use it as I could do with something to base the lines around. I have the diary though, which I'll alter accordingly.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
05-09-2008, 06:41 PM,

What I extracted from the ESP:

Quote:TES4GECKO DIALOGUE DUMP for Quest StZKSCC0520Quest [02000D18]
TOPIC TAB:
StZKSCC0520Quest_GREETING_00000D19_1 Fear:70 "Hello. Sorry but I am so very tired."
StZKSCC0520Quest_GREETING_00003CF9_1 Neutral:50 "Mine is not your concern."
StZKSCC0520Quest_GREETING_0000590E_1 Happy:70 "Hello my good friend. My house is yours."
StZKSCC0520Quest_GREETING_0000590F_1 Neutral:50 "It's gone. I can feel it. The fires, they are out. Thank you my friend."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Silgradcity_00000DBE_1 Neutral:50 "The city is fine. Silgrad will take care of itself."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Sleep_000020E1_1 Fear:70 "It won't let me sleep. I have not slept a full night in months."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520It_000020E4_1 Fear:70 "I have no better word. It's ugly and it torments me for hours at a time. I implore you, help me please!"
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520It_000020E9_1 Fear:70 "I stand no chance against this...... this thing. Please help."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Help_000020E8_1 Surprise:60 "Oh thank you. Thank you so much. I must warn your very life maybe in danger."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Help_000020E8_2 Surprise:60 "I 'm afraid I can't even think straight. Please, the ledger, on the table, read it."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520NoHelp_000020E7_1 Fear:70 "If you change your mind I will be forever grateful."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Plan_000020EB_1 Fear:70 "Anything you can. It will be here tonight. Please be here before 11 this evening."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Leave_00003CFB_1 Happy:50 "ha ha ha! You incompetent fool. You are the one who should leave."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520LastChance_00003CFD_1 Anger:80 "What I will consider is how I will display your bones when I have finished with you."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Who_0000590B_1 Neutral:50 "I am Magogtus and I have an agreement with the man called Pete."
StZKSCC0520Quest_StZKSCC0520Dead_0000590D_1 Fear:50 "I don't know what to say. I know I want to thank you. Here take this Bow I want nothing to do with it."

HTH,
Steve
05-09-2008, 07:04 PM,

I can't really tell who is speaking which line here. Is it possible to separate them out?

I think I'll alter Pete's general responses if that's okay. I'd like to make him more of a poor soul who has been driven insane by the fire and the player then takes it upon themselves to save Pete from himself. I should have some time to work on this tomorrow but I fear a pop-up notice may need to appear to reflect the changes in the mission objective e.g. "Poor Pete seems to have been driven insane by this presence. I should try to do something about this."
05-09-2008, 08:46 PM,

Greeting:
pete: "Hello. Sorry but I am so very tired."
-------

Question1:
Tired?: pete: "It won't let me sleep. I have not slept a full night in months."
--------------------

Question2:
It?: pete: "I have no better word. It's ugly and it torments me for hours at a time. I implore you, help me please!"

choices: if yes it leads to question3
Sure. What is all this about?: pete: "Oh thank you. Thank you so much. I must warn your very life maybe in danger. I 'm afraid I can't even think straight. Please, the ledger, on the table, read it."

Sorry. I don't have time.: pete: "If you change your mind I will be forever grateful."
----------------------

Question3: The response is important unless you change sleep package.
Ok, so what do you want me to do?: pete: "Anything you can. It will be here tonight. Please be here before 11 this evening."
----------------------

Pete goes to bed @ 11pm. Magogtus appears after 12.

Question4:
Who are you and why do you come here?: Magogtus: "I am Magogtus and I have an agreement with the man called Pete."
----------------------

Question5:
Leave now demon.: Magogtus: "ha ha ha! You incompetent fool. You are the one who should leave."
----------------------

Question6:
You really should reconsider.: Magogtus: "What I will consider is how I will display your bones when I have finished with you."
-----------------------

At this point the player will have to deal with Magogtus and kill him. The player then speaks to pete.

Greeting:
pete: "It's gone. I can feel it. The fires, they are out. Thank you my friend."

Question7:
Magogtus is dead.: pete: "I don't know what to say. I know I want to thank you. Here take this bow I want nothing to do with it."
---------------------------

The Quest is ended. Future greeting is as follows.

Greeting:
pete: "Hello my good friend. My house is yours."

As I said you can change the dialogue in the esp as you so choose. It's pretty versatile I think, just remember bed time.
05-10-2008, 02:39 PM,

Okay, I kept most of the diary, making only minor alterations whilst adding a big chunk towards the end that I'm hoping will work nicely with what I'm planning to do for the voices. My only worry here is it's length but I think it should be okay....

Pete's Ledger

I have found it to be of the utmost importance to document what is happening to me. If I told anyone they would not believe me. In fact they may lock me up, call me crazy. But I am not insane, I have seen. It has come to me in my waken hours as promised. It has granted me a wish and even now extracts its fee.

It has been three months since I entered the cave and found the fire. It was such a strange fire, it burned bright yet gave little heat. Its flames danced above the floor yet it did not burn when I passed my hand through. It was truly amazing.

I don't know how long I stood just staring as if in a trance. When I finally turned away my legs were weak, my mouth was dry and I felt utterly exhausted. I left the cave and returned home. That night I dreamed of the fire, it's lovely flame dancing in tune to it's song.

The following day I awoke with the need to see it again. The impulse was over powering and nothing that day or any other day afterwards would take precedence. When again I met the fire it called to me. It beckoned me to take it. I did as I was asked, fetching it in hand. It was not until later that evening that I realized it was more than just a fire. It was some how alive. I dare say it was the most frightening experience of my life.

When I got home, I was walking about trying to understand why I was carrying this flame within my palm and what I was going to do with it when the flame miraculously spoke. It told me to light a candle and then another and another. Before long I had twenty odd candles spread about the room and the fire in my hand had gone out as if it had used me to make copies of itself.

That night I dreamed of the fire again, only this time it was different. At the nexus of the circle of fire, it had gained a form, materializing into a humanoid being. It told me that, for my services, it would grant me a wish. I was so excited I spoke immediately and asked for a powerful new bow to hunt with.

When I used this bow, I felt its vibrant energy coursing down my arm, a short, sharp shock that thrilled me. There was pain but it was rapidly followed by an ecstatic sensation. I have experienced such an anomaly before as a blacksmith’s apprentice where the veterans spoke often of their love for the various processes; how, after a time, they could judge the level of application to which the flame was applied to the metal. And, true enough, as these sensations continued over the course of my hunt, I too had sensitized myself to these sudden blasts. Now, each time I pulled the string taut, I anticipated the pain and its reward with equal relish.

When I returned, the entity was gone and I spent some considerable time making feeble attempts to conjure the flames again to speak with me out of sheer curiosity. In the end, I resorted to using my bow again, taking my pleasures from the hunt. This soon became a consummate joy for me and my little trade business at the local market was booming. I realized that I was becoming a big fish in a small ocean and I needed to expand. Amazed by my own burgeoning sense of ambition for one so normally settled and sedate, I returned home one night to make my plans.

There I was confronted by the entity. As soon as I opened my front door, I saw it and my heart leapt. Instinctively, I slammed the door shut and lay my back against it, breathing unevenly like one suddenly exposed to icy waters. I at last steeled myself, even chastising myself for my cowardly reaction, and stepped back into my home. A grin formed unbidden on my lips – what beautiful flames! Such power and vibrancy!

But what the entity was to tell me shook me to the core. But first, it softened me up. Speaking to me as its flames crackled, it splayed its fingers. Flames leapt to its hand as it grasped my earthenware cup and, with the other hand, what looked like liquid fire poured from its fingers with ease. It offered me the filled cup in a gesture of great ceremony. As I drank, the fire took hold of me for longer this time, but halfway through I laughed, knowing full well what was to come after.

At the height of my ecstasy, it told me it would extract its fee, a fee of servitude. He then laughed and it was quite literally an infectious laugh, one that ignited a fire within my soul. Despite myself, I joined him in his mirth.

These fires are now my prison. I cannot breathe the fresh air outside of this house. I cannot sleep a restful sleep. Most waking hours I sit and stare or read in front of the flame. The power it has over me is intense. The being continues to visit in the night. It feeds on my very soul. I must find help or I will perish.