District: Slums.
Cell name: SilgradCity0522.
Shack Type: 7.
Claim Difficulty: Easy.
NPC's: 2 or more.
Race: Dunmer, Hlaalu.
Class: Poor.
General info: Check -=this link=-.[/blockquote]

You'll find the exterior and interior building (screenshot) in the cell SilgradCity0522. Use the Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.994 or a higher version.

The NPC('s) must have (full) dialogue and AI, don't forget the pathgrid.
Full AI: Eat, sleep, one drink and/or read package.

I'll set the rotation for the Northmarker and connect the interior to the exterior.

For reasons of playtesting it's often handy to add a X marker (heading).
When you use the console (~), type coc "XX", replace the "XX" with your cell name.

Background.

No preference.

Use the existing cell (SilgradCity0522) and don't delete the exterior building.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-26-2008, 07:36 AM,

I'll take it =)
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-26-2008, 11:39 AM,

Try to finish your first claim before starting with this one.
Have fun! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM,

I made both of them about same time so I could check the AI and stuff. Into this shack I took evrything from the ST folders(before my first claim I didn't download the bsa file so I fixed the objects in it after downloading Wink). So here it is.
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

04-26-2008, 05:16 PM,

Abbreviations

F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point / sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

General info.

Miscellaneous.
[blockquote]
Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F") the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error). Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.

Keep in mind that smaller objects near larger objects (NPC's included) tend to float.

Use an activatorflamenode04 etc. it gives a nice sound of a burning fire.

Add an activator StRwActMusicForReichParkeep (under the interior, only for Soluthis). Do not use "Default" music, it produces unexpected results with the StreamMusic script function.

How do I keep my mod clean?
Avoiding contaminations.

Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

If the PG between e.g. the basement and the house is interrupted (both in the same cell) you'll have to use a subspace (miscellaneous>>Subspace).
[/blockquote]

AI.
  • Packages should start with StXX... etc. (XX = your modding ID)

• For the location: Don't use "in cell", it can produce unexpected behavior.

• Make sure that the packages are chronological (use the left arrow key).

• Add a wander package type: Time and duration any and none. Specify a radius (near editor location) of 1024 etc.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]This is always the last package in the list.
[indent][/indent][indent][/indent]You could use a standard package for example aaaDefaultExploreEditorLoc1024.
[blockquote]
Packages are executed from the top to the bottom (higher to lower priority).

If a package has a time and a duration of any and none, it will be executed when there are no other packages active (with a higher priority). That's why these have to be last in the list. The NPC will wander when there are no other packages defined/active.
[/blockquote]

AI and assigning a specific bed to a NPC.

[blockquote] You can't select e.g. a bed in a sleep package unless you checked "persistent reference".[/blockquote]

Locking doors.
[blockquote]
Do not lock the door from the outside and do not link the door from the exterior to the interior, otherwise the AI won't work. The same applies to the ownership of the door.[/blockquote]

Usage of furniture and clutter.
[blockquote]
The use of furniture sets should be consistent, either Imperial or Dunmer.
Try to use one class e.g. the claim description states poor it should be poor, so no rich items. Middle class leans towards rich so it's ok to use middle class and rich items.
Poor-middle: Mostly poor furniture with some redware objects, you can't use rich objects.
Poor: No redware objects.
[/blockquote]

Improving your interior.
[blockquote]
Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels (or cups etc.), in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better.

It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC. It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.[/blockquote]

blue[/HR]

Review.

The Ground-floor.

Use candlepuddles for the candles.
StKnContDunmerSack01Food, F, Re
Replace the redware objects these are middle class.

StIngrApple01, F (twice)
StIngrCodaFlower, F

Remove 1 or 2 rugs, it's a poor house.

Add more clutter (10-15 objects) e.g. bottles, crumbled paper, a broom, a few containers etc.
If there's no alternative, it's fine to use vanilla objects except for the furniture.

Pathgrid.

Make sure the th's touch the door markers (in this case not applicable) and the sh's of the furniture.
Don't place the th's to close to the table, the NPC will follow the grid and could bump into the table (S).

This th is correctly placed.
This th is bleeding into the furniture.

Don't place a th on the stairs (the NPC will stand still for a long time).

Place the NPC('s) on a th.

NPC.

Add a fooditem count "-1" to the inventory of the NPC.

All of the ST NPC's have to be a member of the "StSrGenericDialsforST" faction, if not the NPC will use the Oblivion random dialogue/rumors.
We have our own STGeneric dialogue (WIP).

Dialogue.

For the next time use one family topic for both the infos.

AI.

For the sleep/read packages select a chair/bed and check persistent reference.
Then select the bed/chair through the location tab (near reference) of the package.

Move the sleep package after the last eat package (chronological).

Don't alter existing packages (S).

General Remarks.

If you create a key, use and existing ST key so that it uses the "Dunmer\key01.nif" (S).
Change the key.

Assign ownership to the cell.
If you lock a door with a key choose for the level "needs a key" and uncheck leveled. Change the music type to public.

As this is your first reviewed interior, I listed everything I saw, in order to make you aware of the problems in the reviewed interior.

Please recheck your other claim as well.
TIA.

Use the attached file to continue with your modding.

So far, well done! Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-26-2008, 09:15 PM,

I really hope that I didn't make any mistakes in this version... Confusedhrug:

I think I fixed the list above ^

04-26-2008, 09:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hegemege
I really hope that I didn't make any mistakes in this version... Confusedhrug:

If you still have errors or things that are not right dont concern yourself too much just fix them. Sooner or later you will get tired of fixing things and do it almost perfectly the first time.Big Grin

I speak from experience. I made an ordered list of how to go about the mod/cell. I start with a faction then keys and then NPC's, etc. That way I do them all the same way and find I have less things I forget. The only thing I find I have to pay special attention to is bleeding and floating.

Dont take it to heart when it isnt right.
04-26-2008, 09:57 PM,

Actually posting that ordered list wouldn't be a bad idea. Smile It could be refined and put into the FAQ.

Steve
04-26-2008, 10:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow
Actually posting that ordered list wouldn't be a bad idea. Smile It could be refined and put into the FAQ.

Steve

It's pretty crude, but like I said it is what I use and it helps me to proof my mod/cell. If anyone can use it please do.

Abbreviations
F= Floating / B= Bleeding / S= Look at the Screenshot / PG = Pathgrid / th = tetrahedron, point /
sh = the silhouette (chairs etc.) / R = Resize / Re = Reposition / A = Adjust / Disp. = Disposition

Scaling: Hold the left mouse button and hold "S" and drag the mouse back and forth.

1. Faction
Specific faction for mod NPC and StSrGenericDialsforST
It's now possible to create evil NPC's as well. ST NPC's have to be a member of the StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction or another non-evil faction.
If not, the NPC will be considered as evil.
If you add your own faction you will not need to use StSrGenDialsForSTInnocent faction.

2. Keys
- House Key
- Chest Key

3. NPC
- ID
- Name
- Class
- Level
- Race
- Male/Female
- AI(aggression, confidence, Energy, Responsibility)
- Personality
- Auto calculate
- Factions
- Inventory
- Face, Hair, eyes

4. CELL
- Music Type(public) - Name File
- Name Cell
- Name Ownership(faction)

5. Quest
- Add a GetPlayableRace function (= =1) to the the quest data tab. Set the priority to 6.
- Add the topics to the GREETING through the result script, see above (general info).

6. Packages
Add a drink and/or read package to the two NPC's.
Add a sleep and wander package. Assign a bed to the sleep package.
Drink package.
Type "use item at".Specify a location.Target (Any object; Object ID): "Drink beer" etc. and the animation will work.
If you want to know which animations are possible, look under miscellaneous>>AnimObjects.
Assign a chair (check persistent reference) to the NPC. Select near reference (location tab) and assign the chair.

Usage of furniture and clutter.
The use of furniture sets should be consistent, either Imperial or Dunmer.
Try to use one class e.g. the claim description states poor it should be poor, so no rich items.
Middle class leans towards rich so it's ok to use middle class and rich items.
Add more clutter (40 objects) there's enough room on the shelfs.
Add a few windows to the interior and to the exterior building as well (matching with the interior).
Rotate objects, for example if you have 5 barrels (or cups etc.), in that way the handles will have a different angle. It looks much better.
You could use the "StExImpHook" for the lights.
Use a candlepuddle (static) for under your candles (when on a wooden and burnable surface).

Containers
When creating locked chests, check the leveled box.
You don't need to assign ownership to a container because everything inside the cell is owned by the owner of the house,
in this case a faction. Assigning ownership could be useful e.g. if you want to assign some of the stuff to the wife.
Lock a few containers.
It's a good idea to make a special key for containers, e.g. StRwContDunmerChestSmall02, and add the key to the NPC.
It's more fun for thieves. Make sure you lock the containers with valuable stuff inside.

Pathgrid.
Make sure the th's touch the door markers and the sh's of the furniture. Place the NPC('s) on a th.
Don't bleed th's into the furniture or the silhouettes.

Lighting
Replace most of the Stc9LSCC0403ightDunLamp01fireyellow256 (and the other types) by fakes and use a light bulb (e.g. ARCreepyOrange600) types.
For every three/four fake lights one light bulb, this will improve the FPS.

General info.
Furniture is floating (a little) because of the silhouette (the CS assumes (after pressing "F"Wink the bench (for example) is already on the floor, it's an error).
Press "F" twice or thrice. All the furniture with silhouettes have the same problem.
Keep in mind that smaller objects near larger objects (NPC's included) tend to float.
Add a north marker.
Add a x marker to the interior.
04-27-2008, 10:37 AM,

@Hegemege
I'll reply asap.

@Zurke
The list is a good idea, I'll PM you.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD