Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server change to occur on September 17th
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM,

This is good news (about satan that is) Tongue last night i could not even log out anymore :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
08-20-2007, 09:29 PM,

Beremat: No worries Smile If all else fails I'll give our old admin Valderon a call, he's dealt with both Alfahosting and moving forums before and is one of few people I trust 100% when it comes to ST.

bob196045: Sorry, I missed your question. There's not meant to be any downtime, rather, I'd get access to the new server on September 5th while this one won't go offline until September 17th. If all goes well nothing much will seem out of the ordinary, but some posts from September 17th and maybe the day before will be lost in the process.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-21-2007, 03:02 AM,

Ok, good. The server just went down again. I missed you guys :lmao:
I like forts! You don't like forts? Screw you.
This post has been edited 5,453 time(s), it was last edited by Beremat: Today, 53:83
08-21-2007, 03:16 AM,

NP

Very Good, I figured their would be an on and an off, just checking

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-21-2007, 04:41 AM,

So what sort of information do we need to back up?

And I hope I get to keep my post rank, I worked hard for Duke.

Do we need to keep our forum designs?

Will Silgrad be getting a different address? Gotta make sure I can find it after the change.
Lol what?
08-21-2007, 09:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
So what sort of information do we need to back up?

And I hope I get to keep my post rank, I worked hard for Duke.

Do we need to keep our forum designs?

Will Silgrad be getting a different address? Gotta make sure I can find it after the change.

1. I'm not sure. You shouldn't need to back up anything but at the same time I can't guarantee something I've never done before will work. I think the odds of something going wrong are very slim though.

2-3. It's the same forum database so ranks, forum styles etc will still be the same.

4. No, we'll still be at silgrad.com. Going to silgrad.com after the change will just take you to a new server (= the computer the website is on).
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-21-2007, 05:00 PM,

Ok Big Grin
Lol what?
09-09-2007, 07:15 PM,

The server switch is now underway. Our team's founder Valderon has graciously agreed to move the databases, which I don't mind saying is a tremendous relief for me. Personally I'm copying over the forum software and other web content, and then when that's done it will be configured on the new location.

If everything works out as planned the transition will be seamless. The forum will look like it does now, everyone's accounts will still be there and work normally, and so on. However the forum will most likely be like it was around September 7th. It will be like if PMs, forum posts and other changes made after that date never happened (including this post). So please back up any important information you wish to keep that you posted during the last couple of days, and please be prepared that you might need to repost threads once we switch to the new location. Sorry for the inconvenience during this thankfully brief transitional phase, and thankyou for your patience. =)
Angel mired in filth
09-17-2007, 02:34 AM,

Well, here in the US it's now September 16, 10:30 pm. This would mean I'm an hour and a half away from this server change. But, it's already the 17th in Europe. So when's it going down?

And from what your previous post said RW, we're going to lose the past 10 days? Hmmm, wonder how much of an impact that could have.
Lol what?
09-17-2007, 09:57 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
The server switch is now underway. Our team's founder Valderon has graciously agreed to move the databases, which I don't mind saying is a tremendous relief for me. Personally I'm copying over the forum software and other web content, and then when that's done it will be configured on the new location.

If everything works out as planned the transition will be seamless. The forum will look like it does now, everyone's accounts will still be there and work normally, and so on. However the forum will most likely be like it was around September 7th. It will be like if PMs, forum posts and other changes made after that date never happened (including this post). So please back up any important information you wish to keep that you posted during the last couple of days, and please be prepared that you might need to repost threads once we switch to the new location. Sorry for the inconvenience during this thankfully brief transitional phase, and thankyou for your patience. =)

I missed that post, we will probably lose some posts now, damn! :eek:
Akavir mod leader.