Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping Mall?
04-19-2008, 10:28 PM,

If I just took one weekend off from everything, I could build the whole thing in 1-2 days, so long as I kept myself dedicated to it. Then I would have to pass it off to someone else for AI, Quests, Bug check etc.
04-19-2008, 11:27 PM,

do you all work on 3D Studio Max? from my memory of TES3 construction set couldnt you make this on TES4CS? or does it require modelling from scratch?

Im gonna have to get another laptop thatll do TES4... no room in my life for a desktop!
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-19-2008, 11:47 PM,

No new models need to be created, I can make it all with the stuff that's already there.
04-19-2008, 11:59 PM,

Hmmm, just remembered i built the pc here (im at work, do sleeps for a dissabled guy) and its 640mb gforce, 4gb ram, duel core beast with a 21" screen and 17" screen running side by side. sounds like the perfect CS system to me!

Its running VISTA though and im certain thats bad for oblivion! Am i right? I was going to install XP as a second system on it anyway for backup reasons so... Gonna nick my dads version of Oblivion GOTY and then i can mod a lot of things myself rather than nagging you lot.

I too would possibly stop at the construction, although i like experimenting with scripting so will have a go.

HA HA HAAAA! The Imperial Mall will Live! unless its not gonna be called than of course... Smile
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-20-2008, 10:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
Not cheesy, still in keeping with TES
You mean, not a shopping mall at all, then?

You can make it a Market District, or a Grand Bazaar; but a mall, that is something that didn't appear till the 20th century on Earth, and would feel completely at odd with the fantasy medieval/renaissance setting of TES.

Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
Maybe the region needs a fast food chain.

AFC Argonian Fried
KFD Khajiit Fried Donoughts
W Wee-boonalds (Obviously a big yellow W being the logo! Uniforms are worn and the workers are either really really giddy and friendly or miserable in their job.

Not cheesy, you said?

Quote:Originally posted by Steinaech
No new models need to be created, I can make it all with the stuff that's already there.
Not even to make the cars in the car park, escalators, vending machines, neon lights, and plastic effigies of W Wee-Boonalds sitting on a bench?
04-20-2008, 11:39 AM,

Well, 'mall' was jus th the word i used to describe, plus when you say 20th century your talking earth and the world as we know it! Wink

Definitely dont call it a mall in the game, a market city may be more appropriate, otherwise have it as a district as you say.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-20-2008, 11:55 AM,

Howdy

As far as I know Silgrad City will have a Market District as it did in the ES3 Version

How it is arranged is up to all of you wonderful modders Smile

here is a view of ES3 outdoor market

all the buildings around this center outdoor market are stores with a large variety of wares

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-20-2008, 11:58 AM,

Bob, like the stalls, i would like to see the place bigger, but im more fanciful than TES so need you lot to guide me! Big Grin Otherwis ei get carried away.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-20-2008, 01:43 PM,

What Bob posted is essentially what I had in mind for the market.
04-20-2008, 01:54 PM,

That look abit too much like an arena. :eek: ?(
Thats just my opinion
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF