Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shopping Mall?
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM,

I think the idea is great but how big it will going to be? If its going to be Arena-style it would be in many floors and the tree would grow from the center... just an idea :idea1:
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-25-2008, 05:02 PM,

I did say at first about it being arena-esque, and yes, 2 high-ceiling floors and the large tree growing right in the centre. I dont know if any of this is appropriate, just throwing ideas in.

I thought a race/city etc for some reason the tree was planted to stop the arena fighting?

OR

What if i redraw this, a ruined colosseum, half intact. And wooden market stalls and huts built into the remaining structure. So a very cheap way of earning a living. Maybe this would be more suitable for Elsweyr? In fact, I will suggest this there now...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-25-2008, 08:54 PM,

Err...Elsweyr? I'm lost now. Where exactly is this market supposed to be?
04-25-2008, 09:23 PM,

Steinaech, I suggested this for here, people are unsure if it fits in this guise, so maybe Silgrad needs to stick with a regular shopping district. I imagined this as a ruin now, and poorer vilagers have utilised it by building shelters, huts and market stalls into it...

So, need to come up with a more regular shopping district, or are you just going to convert a TES3 one?
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-26-2008, 10:32 PM,

A market district would be more suitable. I will begin work on one if someone tells me what city/town needs a market district and what tileset I need to create it with.
04-27-2008, 04:37 AM,

If your going to use an arena type market, might I suggest using this like what we call in the US a "Flee Market" this is where vendors from all over will come to sell their junk or stolen property Confusedhrug: most are actually legitimate

but they come weekly and set up their stands for the all day funnel cake and corndog festivities

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-27-2008, 09:05 AM,

Bob, thats exactly what i was thinking, and its fleamarket in a lot of the world. Because some of the crappy old furniture and cloths probably harbours human fleas! Which incidentally are said to smell of almonds? :eek:

Anyway

this has split now as im on the entire forum in all provinces, and my concept for a Amphitheatre ruin with 'fleamarket' is much more suitable for Elsweyr in my opinion. Drew the plans up last night and will post now.

For Silgrad, i think they are more civilised and would have district, either proper stalls or a market with well set out, purpose built stalls.

but can someone SILGRAD-CORE tell me if we even need a market district in any of the areas, and if so are we talking Redoran? Hlaalu? or what?
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-27-2008, 10:35 AM,

To be very clear, I never intended to replace the central market as it was in the TES3 version, the TES4 version will have a similar look and lay-out. The stalls will be open every day.

I would have placed the "mall" in another part of the city (east of the central market).

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
If your going to use an arena type market, might I suggest using this like what we call in the US a "Flee Market" this is where vendors from all over will come to sell their junk or stolen property Confusedhrug: most are actually legitimate

but they come weekly and set up their stands for the all day funnel cake and corndog festivities

Enjoy
Bob
I agree.
This could be realized in the East side, a separate market for day traders that come to the city once or twice a week.

I am thinking of traveling merchants (a very nice mod too) that travel between Steadhelm, Soluthis and Silgrad city. For Soluthis I have to discuss this with Razorwing. Meaning e.g. every Sunday these merchants will arrive and stay for a day or so. IMO this market could be of the arena type.

Quote:Originally posted by Rickious
For Silgrad, I think they are more civilised and would have district, either proper stalls or a market with well set out, purpose built stalls.
That would apply to the central market.

For the Style it has to be definitely Hlaalu.

For modeling issues (and feasibility of your concept) I refer to Razorwing.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
04-27-2008, 11:24 AM,

just get back to me if you wish to continue with the concept.
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-27-2008, 12:53 PM,

you msut have a real lot of time on ya hands when ya working on almsot all projects(which ya funny enough are)... ah yes ya back(body part back), well anyway a market is ofcourse great but not in 1 particular style, more like the general chimer style.
Utterly Crazy Writer of Dumac City