• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Showing Off
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM,
Showing Off
Permit me to show off my best Morrowind mod, The Emerald Guard mercenaries:

http://cody.erekson.org/images/usergallery/723.JPG

http://cody.erekson.org/images/usergallery/810.JPG

http://cody.erekson.org/images/usergallery/713.JPG

Fortunately, I had the mod on CD so I didn't lose it when my computer was stolen. It's dependent upon BAR Mercenaries V4.0, but otherwise it's stand-alone. I mean to make a new Emerald Guard for Oblivion...have a guy working on the helmet right now. I don't know what companion script to use. Companion mods seem to be in a primitive stage of development for Oblivion. Any recommendations?
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-19-2007, 08:01 PM,
RE: Showing Off
Toaster Says Share Companion Script.. made specifically for those people. (I'm pretty sure that isn't that hard a scripting job to make, but I'm alas not a scripter, I'd talk to TheTalkieToaster about that.)

I say that mod because it doesn't use dialogue to control them.

Companion Share and Recruit By TheTalkieToaster
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
06-19-2007, 08:22 PM,

This armors? Are they yours? They look realy great.
Maybe you will let us use them in this mod (ST TES3)? Hm Hmm...
06-19-2007, 08:26 PM,

I recognise the glass crown from balmora expanded, and the cuirasses as redone ymsdril cuirasses. Very nice, particularly the female one.
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
06-19-2007, 09:05 PM,

I'm not a modeller, just an NPC maker. The helmets are from Tenience's Rare Items, the heavy armour is Vagabond Angel's Emerald Ymdrasil & the ultra-light armour(barely visible in the back) is the Jade Armour from Exotics Boutique. There were a number of mods that re-coloured the Imperial battleskirt, I can't remember which one at the moment they're from.
As for the mod, I never released it because I could never free it from it's dependency on BAR mercs. It needs that script...& the script stubbornly won't export from the parent mod. Perhaps someone can tell me how to free it from that dependency so that it will truly be a stand-alone mod. However, since I have the complete mod on CD, I'll upload for anyone who wants it. I worked on it for most of a year & have tested it to death...so I know it's bug-free. It adds 16 companions to the game, 13 Emerald Guard mercenaries in their distinctive green uniforms, to be found at Aryon's stronghold at Tel Vos + 3 bonus companions to be found in the Covenant Inn in Tel Mora, among them my own player character, Mrithryon. Just south of Tel Vos, on the road to Zainab Camp, I've set up a fierce bandit ambush for you to test your new mercenaries.
"Remember yourself always & everywhere. The highest that a man can attain is to be able to do"
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-19-2007, 09:08 PM,

Oh right, sorry I was misled. So this is part of a big quest mod or something. :banana: Is it in progress?
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM,

No problem about the armors. Some i think we have, i wasnt sure.
But what is that about NPC? Do you also write dialogue entires? We realy need someone to write em.
06-19-2007, 09:26 PM,

I didn't add any special dialogue beyond the mercenary dialogue, but yes, I can write dialogue...I'm rather handy with the English language, as you may have noticed...I can also edit, if you wish to employ me in that capacity, for spelling, grammer & punctuation.
G.I.Gurdjieff
06-19-2007, 09:28 PM,

Can you not copy the script manually onto your mod, and use that TESDTK program to remove the ESM dependency?
06-19-2007, 09:29 PM,

I think I tried that, but the mod still wouldn't work without BAR activated.
As for the armours, they've all been made into new items & are not dependent on their parent mods.
G.I.Gurdjieff