Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad City Layout
01-12-2011, 08:41 PM,

Well, that's great to hear. With Soluthis nearly wrapped up, I can see why you're hopeful to finish before the release of TES5. Keep up the good work.

At the risk of going a bit off-topic, are there any plans to start a public forum to discuss the design of the TES5 mod?
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-12-2011, 09:10 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
At the risk of going a bit off-topic, are there any plans to start a public forum to discuss the design of the TES5 mod?

I have not heard anything. I know we are discussing a new banner for tes5. Maybe you could start a thread regarding the topic?
01-12-2011, 09:13 PM,

Certainly I could. But I think perhaps it can wait until a little more info about the game comes out. In the meantime, I can show you all the important information about changes to Morrowind that were talked about in the Elder Scrolls book.

01-12-2011, 10:12 PM,

Ok thanks Deeza Smile

Back to Silgrad the City Smile

I overlooked one item. The TOWER. Right now it is located within SilgradcityEastsidePathway. It was never intended to stay there. After some moving it around in the SilgradcityUpperChambers I decided it just didn't fit the area.

I feel the best place for it would be SilgradcityDowntown. Downtown is the busy area with the Temple and Market, which is where I see it best placed.

Any contradictionary conclusions?

Charles
01-12-2011, 10:31 PM,

Is this the famous tower that the city is named after?

I seem to remember it being an old Velothi tower. So it would be from the early days of the colonisation of Morrowind, so I think you should put it in the oldest area of the city, whichever that is.

Edit:

I have placed the lore notes in the Skyrim subforum.

01-13-2011, 05:24 AM,

In TES3 the tower was actually outside the city, across a bridge to the northwest. Since this is the first time the tower is actually going to be in the city, I personally see no reason why it can't be in the downtown district.
01-13-2011, 12:40 PM,

Yes Deeza that is the Tower Smile

@TID, unless we hear a better idea, please use it within the Downtown District. I will remove it from the Eastside District on my next update.

Charles
01-13-2011, 05:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
In TES3 the tower was actually outside the city, across a bridge to the northwest. Since this is the first time the tower is actually going to be in the city, I personally see no reason why it can't be in the downtown district.
Related info.
It was on the wrong spot nor Velothi.

Quote:Message from Razorwing, on 07.04.2008 22:52

In my opinion the tower should be inside the city, going by the description in the third real Barenziah book. The old team didn't know that when they situated it outside the city, or so I recall from a thread I once read.
Personally I think it should be right in the center of town, just to give the city silhouette a balanced impression when viewed from a distance.

@Zurke
Since it wasn't possible to follow the TES3 layout, Downtown sounds good to me.
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM,

Ok Sounds good Sandor Smile

Charles
01-14-2011, 09:50 PM,

Okay, I'll put it in the downtown district. Smile I might play around with the layout a bit to see how this would look best.