Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Glassmine [Finished]
01-27-2007, 06:24 PM,

Great of you to pick it up, Seniosh :goodjob:

Your ideas for the location sounds cool too. I didn't think we would actually get to see miners hacking at rocks, that should prove exciting! Not that it wouldn't be exciting to explore a normal mine period, it was really odd that they were all abandoned in Oblivion. I wonder where they got the iron ore from to make all those suits of armor.

I'll be happy to do what I can as a modeller to aid you, starting with the gem rocks. I could probably create pits of varying height too, if by pit you mean a hole that connects two levels of the mine tileset. Smile Chasms would be harder. I'll get started on it late next week, since I'll be busy in RL for a few days due to me moving to another town.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM,

Thanks, yes, that's exactly what i need- simply put, a wall type thing that connects two layers of cave. All i mean by chasms is a deeper pit, one that i wouldn't recommend jumping into. Also, could you include some sort of sloped surface to the pit? because if we do minecarts next, they'll need a gradually sloping surface instead of a 90 degree angle

Gem rocks hopefully shouldn't be too hard to do, something like the welkynd stone formations growing in ayleid ruins would work, provided they were glass colored. Then you could just make them into containers, in the same fashion as silver rocks and gold rocks.

I'll see what i can do about the pickaxes, but i don't have experience animating, so if i were to try and implement it, i would need somebody else for the animating

Good luck with the move though, it'll probably take a couple of days to build the entire cave (school is annoying) and then more time to clutter it, make NPCs with dialogue, ect, so don't rush yourself

- one more question, what race are the actual miners? are they a mixed bunch brought in by the imperials? or are they local dunmer who rely on the mine as a source of income but at the same time are resentful of the imperial presence? (and if they're dunmer, what house? i would assume redoran, as they seem to be dominant in the province. i'm already thinking of quests that could make use any race choice for the miners)

-thanks once again for working on this, many many more mines shall be made with your no-doubt excellent work.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
02-01-2007, 04:45 AM,

It all sounds good!

Seems like the mine is in very capable hands

Smile
Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM,

Thank you! This is actually my first ST mod, so i'm pleased that it isn't too hard (of course i still need to test it, quest it, populate it) I'm done with the basic construction of the dungeon.

Two shots of the one room I'm almost done cluttering. This is where the miners and guards eat, sleep, and mingle. It is also lighted entirely by motivated lights, mostly hanging mining lamps. I haven't tested it, so i don't know if it will work, or if my video card will jump out of my computer and strangle me.
Also, me with a pickaxe of my own construction
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-03-2007, 12:33 AM,

Looks good so far

Here are some shots of the glassmine in the TES3 version possibly it could help to give you some ideas for the different sections

Enjoy
Bob

02-03-2007, 03:44 AM,

Thanks. I've actually made the entire cave, minus the npcs, quest, and cluttering. But for that i did use the screenshots that razorwing provided, so some of the layouts are similar, though not exact. I'm also finally done pathnoding most of the caves, and over half of it is lit.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-03-2007, 07:12 AM,

Oh I guess I'm a bit late Big Grin

I see RW did link the CS shots

Very Good then

Enjoy
Bob

02-03-2007, 04:41 PM,

Any examples of a velothi tomb? I never played morrowind, and there's only one tomb that's been modded as a test. Also, what would i clutter a velothi tomb with? I don't think there's any specifically velothi clutter, but do you think i should just use the tomb stuff that bethesda made?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
02-03-2007, 05:18 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Any examples of a velothi tomb? I never played Morrowind, and there's only one tomb that's been modded as a test. Also, what would I clutter a velothi tomb with? I don't think there's any specifically velothi clutter, but do you think I should just use the tomb stuff that bethesda made?
I attached a few screenies.

In the Morrowind game the tombs were cluttered with skulls, bones and urns.
There were also burial objects for example books, coins, a locked and/or trapped chest, potions, armor etc.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-03-2007, 05:24 PM,

Thanks a bunch, Do we have those things in the mod (like the urns, caskets, ect)? or should i just use the normal oblivion stuff for the clutter?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala