Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower v1 Gallery thread
11-28-2006, 09:28 PM,

sacarrow: I know it wasn't the answer you were hoping for, but the idea has always been to have Ebbedin straight in the main worldspace since it's layout is so open. The landmass got finalized just today, after a lot of blood sweat and tears (on sandor's and TheImperialDragon's behalf), and there simply wasn't enough time to rebuild it for this release. I also bet IATE would like to take his time on it's new surroundings and mod it just right, and a looming deadline would have been counterproductive to both. It would have been awesome to see Ebbedin in this release, but because the way things are, with this release laying down the foundation for our shared world, it just wasn't possible. Sad

Cuthalion: I'm glad you like it!

DoomsKnight: Why thankyou Cool

IAMTHEEMPEROR: That sounds like a great plan. The release will have a full compliment of Bitter Coast rocks which you might find useful. What's the status on the trees? I've been thinking about trying to make them but I'm not sure if someone else is already working on them. Just let us know what else you need by posting (detailed) requests in the open jobs thread and someone might make 'em. Smile

No, that doesn't work, the only way to do it is by using the kind of music activators that holds scripts like we're using in Reich Parkeep. They're easy to tweak, just change the file paths to the mp3 file and change the seconds to match the length of your mp3. If you have a special music track in mind we could include it in the release and then you could tweak the scripts later on.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-29-2006, 12:20 AM,

Very purty! Am I too assume that the inn issues are no longer present?

If so I'll open up a few more claims when the release goes out.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
11-29-2006, 12:24 AM,

I think we should include some pictures of some interiors, to show off a little bit what it looks like. Some people downloading it might think "What, no interiors?" Like the mod isn't complete (which it isn't, though), but we do have lots of interiors.
Edit: Even though I am mostly with High Rock, I still will be claiming, too.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM,

Ah, I could swear I found something like that. How about with some tweaking of subspaces? They are counted as seperate cells in the game, and if I could get it to change a cell's music...I've never toyed much with subspaces though.

And, this is what I was talking about. (See attatched pic and look at the text in red)
Lol what?
11-29-2006, 05:48 AM,

DarkAsmodeous: There aren't any problems with Steadhelm anymore. Smile

WhiteWizard: Oh, that's a good suggestion! I get blind to things like that sometimes. I'll be sure to cap some interiors in time for the release.

IAMTHEEMPEROR: The problem is that the lists are hardcoded.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
11-29-2006, 05:58 AM,

It's simple, really. All we have to do is some scripting. Big Grin GetYPos and GetXPos (if that is what they are called) would help a lot in this case.

For a loose non-working example but with the right concept:

Code:
If GetYpos >= 100
  If Get Ypos <= 1000
    StopStreamMusic (or whatever that line would be)
    PlayLoopSound
  Else
    PlayStreamMusic
  End if
End if
That sort of thing.
11-29-2006, 06:07 AM,

If you get it to work I'll believe you. Wink
Angel mired in filth
11-29-2006, 03:45 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
I don't mind changes at all, I expected them, are we talking about the smoothening changes me and TID have made? Or does it go beyond that now?

The seams have been fixed and I leveled a few areas for Steadhelm and Silgrad city. I adjusted Ashunor lake and made passages for the roads, the rest of the Height map is as you made it.

All the quad intersection errors have been repaired.

Our main esm is only 30 Mb (including the Silgrad Tower land).

---[/HR]

I like the patio screenshot. Smile
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
11-29-2006, 04:20 PM,

did you use natural environments when shooting these screenshots?
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
11-29-2006, 05:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by sandor
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
I don't mind changes at all, I expected them, are we talking about the smoothening changes me and TID have made? Or does it go beyond that now?

The seams have been fixed and I leveled a few areas for Steadhelm and Silgrad city. I adjusted Ashunor lake and made passages for the roads, the rest of the Height map is as you made it.

All the quad intersection errors have been repaired.

Our main esm is only 30 Mb (including the Silgrad Tower land).

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up. I did my share of seam fixing aswell, I hope it was satisfactory, however you must remember if it wasn't give me a kick and tell me to get the hell back to work, k Big Grin
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.