Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silgrad Tower v1 Gallery thread
11-30-2006, 12:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by nerbod
did you use natural environments when shooting these screenshots?

If your question was directed towards me then I don't think I did since the term 'natural environments' doesn't ring a bell.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-30-2006, 01:04 AM,

Excelent! At the release of the .esm I will put out claims for the AI packages, a few quests, and add some more atmosphere, as well as more surrounding buildings.

I recently removed a few things causing stress in my life, as well as smoothed out my workload at elsweyr to manageable levels, so I'm a bit fired up and I'm going to do some work while I can be certain that have the time and the will, better than putting it off Smile
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
11-30-2006, 08:07 AM,

[Image: th_RazorwingBookModelVideo.jpg]
Download | Stream (YouTube) | Stream (Photobucket)

Just for fun, here is a video showing one of my new Havok'd book models which will hopefully be available in the release. I made the model from scratch and then piggybacked the .obj on an existing book model, hence the name seen on my test book in the video (it's actually Vivec's first lesson). If the update makes it in then the '36 Lessons of Vivec', 'Aedra and Daedra', and 'Ancestors and the Dunmer' will have this look. All of them will look different though, thanks to Phoenixamon's textures.

Here's a clearer view of the models:
[Image: th_RazorwingBookModelVideo2.jpg]
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
11-30-2006, 08:12 AM,

it was to you, RW

and you should REALLY get it, it makes OB soo much more beatiful! Get it here

it basically makes the sky look a 50 times better, created HDR effects when outside, makes the winters colder, the summers warmer and the nights darker.
[1ST]T[/1ST]his is what a heightmap looks like, this is what it does when it catches hold of you, it's eating me alive and very soon now it will kill me.
11-30-2006, 11:38 AM,

Cool now I know where to tell people to go far a look! :goodjob:

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
...snip...I'm going to add some more stuff, and, to make people happy, create muckpools like in TES3, but here there will be an abundance of them around the coast in tide poolish things....snip...

Respondin' ter I ATE's muck pools I was wonderin' if'n there's a way ter cause boots and trousers etc to acquire a coat of muck or pond slime when you walk through?

Maybe it could be time-linked so that it disappears after a day or so (like a corpse) but it would really surprise nubees when they first go blithly gallumphin' through a swamp! ? And seriously add to realism if NPCs react ...
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
11-30-2006, 06:28 PM,
RE: Silgrad Tower v1 Gallery thread
Very nice screens old cat, it's nice seeing you making progress with your project! And I actually really enjoyed the last screens with the large open plains, with mountains towering in the horizon, and no sign of civilization for "miles" Smile Imagine beeing ambushed by a raging band of bandits there...

Much love from Nemon (TR)
11-30-2006, 06:49 PM,

Hi there nemon, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

I'm glad you like the landmass shots. The fact that we'll have so much wilderness is something I'm really looking forward to in our mod. Out there, if a sharp knife and hungry purse sets its eyes on ya, no one will hear ya scream... :brew: The new prospects it brings for modders should be pretty cool too. I'm looking forward to eventually recreating some of the old Velothi tombs I modded for the old mod in the same location on our landmass.
Angel mired in filth
11-30-2006, 08:12 PM,

raggidman: I've heard tale of a mod that makes the player look wet when they go into water. If we apply that to muck, that would probably achieve the desired effect. I'll look into it. :goodjob:
Lol what?
11-30-2006, 08:42 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
raggidman: I've heard tale of a mod that makes the player look wet when they go into water. If we apply that to muck, that would probably achieve the desired effect. I'll look into it. :goodjob:

http://tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2909

this is the mod you're mentioning...
11-30-2006, 09:16 PM,

Looks like mostly shader effects, I can't see the droplets, however. :/ But it is possible to give it a mucky colour. :brew:

Thanks, nemon.