Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis' Farmland Region [Finished]
05-17-2008, 01:25 AM,

Razorwing
I am using a paint program to lay out the area for the existing road that runs through the farmland region and potential future roads, creek/stream, farms and wilderness.

How about that creek/stream? I like the idea but not sure about where it should go in relation to what I read about height etc.

I would also like your input as to how far the creek/stream should go. How many cells?
05-17-2008, 04:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
How about that creek/stream? I like the idea but not sure about where it should go in relation to what I read about height etc.
Could you clarify what you mean a bit? If Razorwing doesn't have a problem with it, maybe it could flow from that small pool in southeast Soluthis.

The lake in northern Deepen Moor was suggested as a place where the stream could lead to. Let me know if that's where you want it to end.
05-17-2008, 04:37 PM,

Hi TID. Well I am not sure. I am just trying a layout and am willing to mod what ever anyone else thinks.

Could you use the image below and show me what you think is possible? As I said what ever works I am not fussy.
05-17-2008, 04:56 PM,

Obviously Razorwing has the final say in his region (and especially about whether the stream can start in Soluthis or not), but I drew a few plans that might be possible. The stream always starts at the red circle in Soluthis and ends at the red circle in the south (Deepen Moor down there). Bridges would need to be placed anywhere a road crosses over water.

Don't consider any of these maps as final or binding. Smile I'm just trying to give you a few ideas.
05-17-2008, 05:02 PM,

Thanks TID. All look fine to me. I also only placed the farms where I figued I would disturb the least and used a wilderness buffer to protect other regions. I guess as you said Razorwing can look @ our diagram and put his input. Thanks again.
05-18-2008, 02:39 PM,

After having an in game look around I realize that I will have to have a more thorough look around before the farms find placement.

My question at this point is how many farms? From there I can map them out.

A stream/creek can incorporated at any time. But knowing direction is a plus.
05-18-2008, 04:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
My question at this point is how many farms? From there I can map them out.
I believe that's more or less up to you to decide. Smile There should be more than just a few though, I think.
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM,

Hi TID.

I just PM'd Sandor but you answer will be just as accurate is my guess.

I was looking through the Rendoran exterior houses and was wondering which were appropriate for farms.

StExRedBuilding03homehole
StExRedBuilding04manor
StExRedBuilding05homeoval
StExRedBuilding06homeround
StExRedBuilding09

The other possibilities in the list were obviuosly no.

Also what about fencing and stables? Can any sort of fencing stables be used?

After creating a 'farm' for Razorwing to look @. I am going to walk through in game and find the best places. I want to stay clear of the other regions so I don't cause problems by mistake. Do you feel a 1 cell buffer is a good idea or not needed?
05-18-2008, 04:43 PM,

I can't look at the models right now because the other computer is unavailable, but I think the first four objects are suitable if I remember what they looked like. Is the 09 model a bit like a scaled down version of the Emperor Crab shell from Ald'Ruhn? I can't remember, but I suppose that one might be appropriate.

Of that set, I would use the 05 and 06 models more frequently than the others.

I don't really have an answer about the fencing and stables. I know we do have fence models (see Ald Nium), but I can't say much about stables...

Your ESP will be cleaned before it is merged, so problems with other regions won't happen. However, small glitches can happen if you're not careful (like a gap in the landscape after cleaning because of a landscape height change on the border). Try to not change the landscape height or texture when you're getting close to the border of the claim. As long as you're careful, you should be able to use the cells bordering the other regions. Just be very careful that you don't change anything in them.
05-18-2008, 04:55 PM,

NP TID here ya go.