Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis' Farmland Region [Finished]
05-18-2008, 05:06 PM,

Thanks. Smile

Yes, so here's what I think:

The 05 and 06 home models would be used for most farms.
I can see the 04 mansion model being used once or twice, each accompanied with a larger farm and several paid farmers.
I don't quite know how I'd use the 03 homehole model, but it might fit here and there for a well-off farmer.
The 09 shell model might be interchangeable with the 04 mansion model. There shouldn't be more than one of these though.

Of course, that's all just in my opinion.
05-18-2008, 05:23 PM,

Well your opinions are what I need. Smile
05-19-2008, 02:02 AM,

ok I have started modding an exterior. It has given me oppurtunity to come up with some questions.

1. Do I create characters for exteriors with packages?
2. Are We limited to the farm staples listed?
3. What kind of roads?
4. Which houses get windows? Should they be placed now or @ time of modding interior?
5. Patiotiles, what are they and should they be used on farms?
6. Talon, what is it and should it be used on farms?
7. Chimney, what house type is it for?
8. Barrierthorn, what is it and should it be used on farms?
9. Exterior clutter, I didn't see alot of Rendoran exterior stuff. Any suggestions on items that could be used?
10.What doors are used for houses?

I can't get my printscreen working lately but take a look @ the images from the CS. Do they look as though it would be a rendoran farm?
05-19-2008, 11:51 PM,

Hi Zurke. I hope these answer your questions:

1. Do I create characters for exteriors with packages?
If you mean create characters to inhabit the farms and have them go outside to farm, then I would say yes.

Staples? Stables? What do you mean exactly? Listed where?

3. What kind of roads?
Dirt?

4. Which houses get windows? Should they be placed now or @ time of modding interior?
Up to you.

5. Patiotiles, what are they and should they be used on farms?
Decoration. Probably not suitable for farms.

6. Talon, what is it and should it be used on farms?
Looks like a rich decoration unsuitable for farms.

7. Chimney, what house type is it for?
I don't know. Right click on it in the object list and select "Use Info". Double click on one of its uses to have the Render Window show it. Look at how it is used, carefully not changing anything.

8. Barrierthorn, what is it and should it be used on farms?
Decoration. Again. Probably not suitable for farms.

9. Exterior clutter, I didn't see a lot of Rendoran exterior stuff. Any suggestions on items that could be used?
These are farms, so I would just stick to basic farming stuff. You could stick a few tables against the walls of certain farms, or have other miscellaneous items.

10.What doors are used for houses?
I would guess probably StDoorRedMAINloaddoor since it is used the most often of the Redoran doors. (Door->ST->Redoran)

I can't get my printscreen working lately but take a look @ the images from the CS. Do they look as though it would be a rendoran farm?
The Redoran walls around the farms don't look too suitable for typical Redoran farms. Confusedhrug: I attached some CS screenshots of wilderness huts from TES3. The first is of a muck farm just outside of Gnisis. The second is of a hut belonging to a guar herder. The third is of an undercover Blades member's hut - I think he herded guar too.
05-20-2008, 12:06 AM,

Thanks TID.

from the opening post:

"As far as trees go the farmland region has about an equal measurement of oak trees and parasols. Neither type should dominate the other, but if you want one cell to have trees only and another to have parasols only that's fine. The smaller wilderness flora is kreshweed, gold kanet, stoneflower, dandelion, chokeweed, roobrush, roweed and ash yam. Kreshweed is very common; chokeweed, roobrush, gold kanet and stoneflower is common; dandelion and roweed are rare; and ash yam very rare. This only applies to flora in the wilderness - flora grown on farms is another matter entirely. In those cases the staplefoods are ash yam, comberry, corkbulb, hackle-lo, scrib cabbage and roweed. It's also possible to farm saltrice *but* saltrice has to grow in water (just like real rice, I believe), so if you want to go with that then make sure it grows in a pond on the farm. Farms can also have livestock, where guars would be the obvious choice in my opinion."

3. What kind of roads?
I meant stone, cobble, dirt etc.

I will not use the walls. Didn't really know one way or another what kind architecture the farm would be but I now have a better idea. I guess I will continue. I did PM Razorwing ealier to ask if I actually have this claim just waiting for a reply, but it's not any trouble to play around. Smile
05-20-2008, 12:16 AM,

2. Okay, I see what you mean now. I would try to limit it to just those plants, but if you think you could you use something else, post what your suggestion is.

3. Thanks, but my answer was a suggestion. Hence the ?. Smile

Okay, I'm sure he'll post here sometime soon then. I changed the tag from [Open] to [Claimed] because he probably is going to grant it.
05-20-2008, 12:23 AM,

Alright well I will get something together, exterior items, NPC etc. Then Razorwing can critique and then I can make farms in a general way.
05-20-2008, 10:04 PM,

How are these claims going to be abbreviated?
05-20-2008, 10:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
How are these claims going to be abbreviated?
You mean interiors? How should they be ID'd?

I suppose StZkSoluthisFarmland## could work. I use my modding abbreviation in the naming of cells on the occasion. I don't think there are currently any guidelines regarding wilderness/region locations, but if one were put in place, it should be easy enough to change.
05-20-2008, 10:46 PM,

No the exteriors when I submit them for test and approval.

I suppose StZkSoluthisFarmlandExt####(cordinates being the number) would do fine then.

Also when I am comfortable with how these 'farms" are gong to be modded it is my understanding that I will mod a farm or area with a farm as an esp and submit it. In the end there could be 83 esps submitted depending on the amount of farms(the 83 comes from the 83 existing cells in the farming region). Does this sound like a plan?