Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis0516 "Shop near the Temple" [Finished]
07-17-2010, 04:54 PM,

Yes that all sounds fine to me.

I would also say that if you went to the store before seeing any of those hints (i.e. the notice, the priest etc.), he would try and con you and you would then work out that it's fake or consult the priest about it as it doesn't seem right.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
07-17-2010, 05:00 PM,

Tongue

One bonemeal of Almalexia: 200 septims.
A Signet Ring of St. Veloth: 500 septims.
Ancient Dagger of House Redoran: 250 septims.

Which priest do you want to use? Or would you like to create a new one? Maybe one of those neighboring houses?

(there's a storm in RL, so I'll be online later)

EDIT: It looks as though you already have a basement, so if you want to add a locked door to a closet-type area, that would be fine too.
07-17-2010, 05:19 PM,

I don't know. I guess I may as well use an existing priest, but I don't know anything about them, so I'll have to check it out in the CS.

I'll add a trapdoor because it'll be easiest.

BTW, do you think it would be better to add the quest before or after merging?

07-17-2010, 05:47 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
BTW, do you think it would be better to add the quest before or after merging?
Hm... sandor would be the best to answer. Merging each ESP file takes a while, since our ESM is quite large, so I would guess that it would be okay in the interests of saving time.
07-17-2010, 06:13 PM,

OK, I'll wait for sandor's opinion. I definitely think that the review for the interior should still be done before the claim, though.

07-17-2010, 06:22 PM,

Sure, I agree with that. I attached the journal stages in the meantime. Do you have any ideas for the name of the quest?

Is the version you posted the one to be reviewed? Or will you add the basement first?
07-17-2010, 07:31 PM,

That's a good point, actually.

With regards to the name, I'm not sure. I'll fire out some suggestions (names related to the shop or the con):

Magical Misleadings
Hoodwinked
Blasphemous Bilk
Religious Deception
A Saintly Swindle
Sacred Forgery

I'll remove the .esp and post an updated version tomorrow with the basement.

07-17-2010, 11:27 PM,

I don't mind having a quick look at how things are placed in the cell (minus the basement area containing the crate and note):

Objects
  • StRwMiscDunPoorWoodSpoon01 is bleeding into the table
  • The StRwContDunmerSack01-type objects stacked in the basement should be intentionally bled into each other a little bit, because they are cloth. They should "sink in"
  • Same goes for the StRwContDunmerSack02-type on the ground level
  • StFurnDunWallscreenType1A is bleeding slightly into the architecture model's ceiling/shell
  • Replace the soul gems with the ST versions.
  • You should probably add a few more light-emitting bulbs in the cell, like around fires and such
Items like StJkSol0516EnchSoakedLongsword, StJkSol0516EnchDwemerShield, and StJkSol0516EnchAmuletCopper are a bit valuable to be left lying around, IMO (value: 2500). Is the reason for their value because of the quest idea? Because an alternative might be handling their sales through dialogue only - in other words, you'd need to activate a unique topic to buy it (and it isn't placed in the world). Or you could place them in the merchant container. Or maybe there's a guard stationed to protect those valuable items. Confusedhrug: sandor is the final judge of that though.

I definitely like the ideas though. One of my recent claims was similar with unique items and a somewhat-shady dealer - Scc0421.

Dialogue
  • I think we were going to stop using GetTalkedToPC in favour of using the "Say Once" flag - reason being that you can get greetings through quests with a higher priority (like a vampire greeting for example), and then never see the greeting that adds topics (sandor can clarify on this)

AI

You need to playtest it still. Your services package doesn't have the "Offers Services" flag checked.

And one more thing, he can't have auto-level and offer services (it has to be one or the other, not both, otherwise doesn't work), so you need to set him at a static number (say 10), and then uncheck Auto-stats (or whatever it's called Tongue)
07-18-2010, 06:09 AM,

Thanks for the review.

It's been a while since I did my last interior, so I'm not surprised about the mistakes. I'll get them sorted out.

Quote:Items like StJkSol0516EnchSoakedLongsword, StJkSol0516EnchDwemerShield, and StJkSol0516EnchAmuletCopper are a bit valuable to be left lying around, IMO (value: 2500). Is the reason for their value because of the quest idea? Because an alternative might be handling their sales through dialogue only - in other words, you'd need to activate a unique topic to buy it (and it isn't placed in the world). Or you could place them in the merchant container. Or maybe there's a guard stationed to protect those valuable items. sandor is the final judge of that though.
I made their value so high to fit in with the quest, and I just wanted them to be on display. Hmm, maybe I should take them down and just leave them in the merchant container.

This has just given me an idea - when you go into the basement, you lots of these weapons, so there'd be a shelf with lots of 'Sword of St. Felms's lying there and you find a manifesto as well which points out that he is mass producing them and selling lots of them. Maybe then there could also be a little quest to find the manufacturer, or would that be too much?

07-18-2010, 05:05 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by jucklesjenk
Quote:Items like StJkSol0516EnchSoakedLongsword, StJkSol0516EnchDwemerShield, and StJkSol0516EnchAmuletCopper are a bit valuable to be left lying around, IMO (value: 2500). Is the reason for their value because of the quest idea? Because an alternative might be handling their sales through dialogue only - in other words, you'd need to activate a unique topic to buy it (and it isn't placed in the world). Or you could place them in the merchant container. Or maybe there's a guard stationed to protect those valuable items. sandor is the final judge of that though.
I made their value so high to fit in with the quest, and I just wanted them to be on display. Hmm, maybe I should take them down and just leave them in the merchant container.

This has just given me an idea - when you go into the basement, you lots of these weapons, so there'd be a shelf with lots of 'Sword of St. Felms's lying there and you find a manifesto as well which points out that he is mass producing them and selling lots of them. Maybe then there could also be a little quest to find the manufacturer, or would that be too much?
The basement could probably use these items, but the problem of overpowering the PC with money still remains a potential issue.

What I would suggest (and it is only a suggestion) is giving items their regular prices (as in not relic-value), and then handle their sales from the dialogue of Sado Sethri at a static high price. For example:

Player chooses topic "Sword of St Felms"
Sado offers price of 2500 gold
Player can choose yes or no, chooses yes
Sado congratulates the player on the sale
(result, 2500 gold taken from player inventory, sword worth say 250 gold is added)

This way the sword can't actually be re-sold for a similar price. As for the gold that is cheated, it should be possible to have it given back to the player during the quest (as partial encouragement to not reveal the truth, perhaps).

The items in the basement can have a similar appearance and name to the items Sado sells, but without the enchantment/less powerful so their actual value can be much less.