• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soluthis1305 [Finished]
04-08-2007, 05:41 PM,
RE: Hi
Have fun! Smile

blue[/HR]

:alert:
30.04.2007 21:18

If you want to reclaim this claim (when not claimed), please do so.

sandor
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
12-10-2007, 03:34 AM,
Soluthis 1305 [Old discussion Dave_91]
Is it okay if I claim this one?

I already have an interior almost ready. Smile
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
Is it okay if I claim this one?

I already have an interior almost ready. Smile

You can, but only if you're using the latest internal esm (Silgrad_Tower.esm v2.81) since The Slums together with another neighbourhood have now been moved to a new worldspace called SoluthisWorld03. The interiors also have starter cells now, so if you already begun work on this interior the plugin is likely to conflict with v2.81.

It shouldn't be much of a problem though. Just rename your interior cell to something other than Soluthis1305, then delete the interior model and northmarker and eventual music activator. Extract the new esm and reload the files, then move the contents of your interior to the starter cell. Later on you can delete the cell you started working in. Feel free to tweak the light settings of the starter cell if you like (and definitely change the cell name Big Grin)

(Now that the plugin that relocates The Slums has been merged to the esm I'll go ahead and update the claims descriptions.)
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM,

Thanks. Smile I'll download the v2.81 .esm now.

I noticed in the screenshot above (the reference screenshot), that the small barracks building isn't present, the one which uses the stock Oblivion inn static (I think that's what it's called), is that supposed to be there, or was it removed?

Also, about the cavern section in the room below, if it's okay, can I add the cave in a seperate .esp? I'd rather get the meat of the interior up for review and merged, and then add the cave section later, if that's okay (plus, I'm having an issue with getting a door to work which connects the cells). I was thinking that, instead of this cave leading to some Daedric place, that it could lead into an old Ancestral tomb, and then possibly back into a cave which leads to the surface elsewhere (so fundamentally, it'll be two cave interiors (one leading from the home in the slums to the tomb, and another cave leading from the tomb to the surface (probably somewhere in the wilderness)). The caves would be of moderate length and difficulty. The central tomb could have some higher level creatures and something interesting for the player to find, like a new weapon or a useful artifact. Confusedhrug:
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM,

The Imperial Legion outpost was moved to a place outside Soluthis' city walls in SilgradTowerLand in 2.81.

Sure you can mod the interior in different stages like you suggested. Preferrably you should start by modding it as a normal home or shop and then modify it in the new plugin to have an entrance to a cave. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out :goodjob:
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM,

Cool. =)

Does the static piece 'StFurnDunBathtub01' not have collision, because I recall my character clipping through it when testing? If this' is the case, should I remove the static or await someone to add collision, if it hasn't already been done. I'd rather not remove the static, as I think it's a nice addition.

I think this claim may be a nice place for a quest. I was thinking that the old 'vanished NPC' idea might be a tad cliché in this scenario, so how about if you (the player) discover the farmer's unearthed cave (with the farmer, Golmus ready to explore) and asks you if you would like to adventure with him, instead of you looking for him? Perhaps during the adventure in the caves, he could go missing (idk, perhaps the torches you and the farmer hold (if you're using one) get extinguished somehow, your hear a scream, and the farmer is no where to be found)? That way, the player will be stuck in this cavern with no exit, by themselves. The fact that the farmer adventurer disappeared whilst screaming in the darkness might be quite creepy...

Anyway, enough banter...

I have an issue:

[Image: aa1305probgs1.th.jpg]

This basket if filled with saltrice. When the player touches or activates the havok, the basket goes nuts, and the saltrice models fly around, which seems to affect the FPS something rotten. Is there anyway I could prevent this? Maybe if a dupe of the basket that doesn't have havok, so it won't fly around?
12-11-2007, 02:01 AM,

The bathtub model has collision, but it's old and iffy. I'm sure I'll update it sooner or later. I kinda like the model too, it's a carryover from our old mod Smile

Looks like you're using a basket from Oblivion. Could you please use one of the Dunmer baskets instead?

I checked and the saltrice ingredient uses old meshbased collision, so I'm not surprised that many of them together would cause an FPS hit. It'll all be fine once I revise the ingredient mesh' collision. Smile

Overall the amount of work for me to do on updating old models is staggering, and I could easily spend half a year just updating all our models with the best collision. But that wouldn't be a good idea seeing how much fun modding work I need to get done in Soluthis and with modding additional Redoran quests, so I update models now and then when I find the time and am in the mood. I'll prioritize the saltrice and bathtub though.
Angel mired in filth
01-06-2008, 12:24 AM,

The interior is fairly complete, however I haven't created the cave yet.

I don't want this claim to take forever, so I was wondering if I could create a Velothi tomb that would link to the cave, instead of a dungeon type we don't yet have. Plus I like the Velothi tileset.

I'll need a hand with the quest.

-Speak with the NPC who's outside the cave opening in his wall in his home
-He asks if you'd aid him as he ventures into the cave
-You discover an old Velothi tomb whilst exploring in the cave
-You're given the option to turn back, or continue (you can return later)
-You'll face some undead foes throughout the tomb (Maybe this tomb could contain some traps and puzzles)
-Eventually you'll discover a burial chamber, face an undead boss, and find treasure
-The NPC asks you to take him back out of the dungeon, and in doing so, lets you keep anything you found, as all he wanted was some adventure, which he got. Smile

The cave will have some standard level critters, like Rats etc., perhaps a skeleton or two. There won't be much loot inside the cave. The tomb will be moderately sized, with higher leveled monsters and some interesting loot. Perhaps an old relic could be discovered here... something that the player could keep as a trophy, or something similar. The burial chamber would be a large, open, square-shaped room with a platform in the centre with a skeleton lay on a throne somewhere in the room. This room would be well lit. The skeleton will have some loot around him and a locked chest with some gear inside. When the player activates the item that's on the stand, the skeleton's ghost will attack you, and will drop the key for the chest in the room once dead.

I don't know if anyone's played the original Tomb Raider from 1996, but I'm kinda getting the idea of the 'burial chamber' from a level in the game. Here's a screenshot of what I mean... the skeleton in the throne, with and an artifact/item on a stand. (Obviously this will have to be implemented with the assets we have, and because we only have the small tileset, the rooms won't be big (height-wise).)

Maybe this quest could be given as a guild quest or something?
01-06-2008, 03:47 AM,

I have been working on some dialogue (which is quite lengthy), and have began to plan the tomb a little. The central, 'sepulchre', will be lit naturally, and the emphasis of the light will shine on the artifact and the skeleton in the throne. The rest of the room is very black.

The story is, that the dunmer farmer is getting sick of his wasteful life on the plantation, and seeks something different. He was planning on moving houses elsewhere in Tamriel, when he discovered a rocky hole in his back room. When putting his ear against the rock, he could hear the faint sound of dripping. The farmer began picking at the rock, and eventually discovered a narrow, rocky cave passage, but is was too timid to enter it alone, but was eager to explore what he had found. A diary entry that the Dunmer farmer had kept from relatives, distinctly mentions something about an old royal burial chamber buried somewhere beneath Soluthis, and the farmer thinks he may have found something very interesting, so hires a helper(the player) to aid him through the cave (I was thinking a Fighter's Guild member or something, if that's possible). You eventually stumble across a hole leading through to an old, seemingly empty Veloth tomb... and so on...

If this is okay to go ahead with, I could finish the cave, and work on the tomb tomorrow. I was considering a new Velothi wall piece to go with the tomb, so that the outside wall of the tomb can be seen inside the cave, and it has a broken opening leading inside. Vive versa for when you're inside the tomb: you can see the hole in the tomb wall, which leads back into the cave. Like a 2 sided Velothi wall. The piece wouldn't need to snap with the cave, but it probably would with the Velothi small room set.

If you don't quite follow, I made 2 screens in paint. I'll attach 'em.

Screen 1 is what the piece should look like in game. The cave should suddenly end, and the Velothi wall should be able to be seen.

Screen 2 is what the actual desired piece I have in mind should look like. The two walls (facing toward, and away from the player), don't need to be joined, however the hole in the middle should lead right through to the other side.

P.S. Please ignore the spelling mistake in 'ware' on screen 2 (it should be 'wear').
02-11-2008, 02:17 AM,

A quick update:

I created the wall pieces - there are 2 versions, one is for the cave, one is for the Velothi tileset. These will be the entrances and exits to the tomb and back to the cave. Both still need collision. Here are some screenshots of the pieces:

[Image: th_velothi_new_01.jpg]
[Image: th_velothi_new_02.jpg]

The idea is to have the 'StRwFade01' edited to be a door. I already have them set up, but they won't work. Razorwing, do you have any ideas as to why I can't use the fade01.nifs as doors?

The cave is nearly done. I've added a few cave spiders and rats. Should these be levelled, or can I hand place normal ones?

Is it okay if I include my own version of a firepit?

BTW: If anyone doesn't like the quest idea, or if anyone can think of another quest that the house + dungeon could be implemented into, please say so now. Smile