Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some basic questions
02-10-2010, 04:51 PM,

Woah, nice work there, really! Great seeing this project coming back to life, rising from kryostasis! Can't wait to finally start over again this weekend! Smile
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
02-10-2010, 09:09 PM,

Just an advance warning to you all, I shall be going on holiday from this coming saturday to the saturday following. So I won't have disappeared if you don't see me for a while - just gone on holiday.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-10-2010, 10:32 PM,

Thanks for the advanced warning, buddy! I hope you'll enjoy your vacation, you earned it Smile
Deeza:
Quote:Easy - you make it from meat! Cool

I. Main-Quest-Progress:
:check: 55%

II. Side-Quest-Progress:
:check: 15%
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM,

Thanks mate! Sorry you have to re-do the quests again. Hopefully they'll be quicker and easier to do this time!

02-11-2010, 06:06 PM,

Good work morcroft.

Just a little update from my half. I have just finished the second spider cave (The second level is Aylied) I must say im impressed with my self!! I will post some screens soon.
02-11-2010, 06:58 PM,

Nice. I look forward to seeing those screenshots.

@morcroft:

Once you're done with the book retextures for Valenwood, I was wondering if you'd be interested in helping me out with a long-standing problem of mine? I've been trying to find someone to make some new books covers for the Silgrad Tower literature. I'll need about 6-8 new covers. Would you be interested?

02-12-2010, 12:10 AM,

Well, given that I'm going completely mental trying to fix Bethsoft's ghastly excuse for a UV and get the normal maps to work the way I want to, I'd have to be completely crazy to agree.

On the other hand, by the time I've fixed this once I should have everything I need to do more. So assuming I'm not sitting in a corner giggling to myself by the time you're back from Naples then sure, why not?!!!

Bear in mind I'm no artist, so any design ideas will be welcome.... Do you want to set up / point me to a suitable thread over at st?
Morcroft Darkes
02-12-2010, 01:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
I'll need about 6-8 new covers. Would you be interested?
not to derail the thread, but check this out if you havent already. i have something of a fetish for making book covers, depending on what you need (if it requires custom artwork or can make use of my source stash) i could be interested.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
02-12-2010, 10:07 AM,

Very nice - I certainly can't compete with that!

Looks like I need to study the Bethsoft UVs a bit more. I was getting stuck on that Folio mesh which gets the edges wrong if the corners and spine have different bindings from the rest. I see there are versions in the other sizes that don't have that problem, so maybe I'll stop trying the change the UVs and work with them instead.

I'll carry on with the Valenwood books for the moment, anyway.
Morcroft Darkes
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM,

Thanks morcroft for your help.

@LadyN: I'll send you a PM with details of what I was hoping to do, so you can decide if it interests you or not.