Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some global questions
08-08-2007, 04:46 AM,

TES4 Cyrodiil and Vvardenfell are in the same time period. It takes place six years after TES3. Many will argue that it should only be 4 years, because from what it says Dagoth Ur was defeated 4 years prior to the Oblivion Crisis, but the lore developers were willing to estimate that it would have taken the Nerevarine two years from the moment he set foot in Seyda Neen to the moment he thrust Keening into the Heart of Lorkhan.

The landmass being two times bigger is a good thing. It will make it a bigger and more unique place to explore, and it will make up for Cyrodiil's shortcomings. If it was possible to scale Cyrodiil up two times I'm sure it would've been done, but that would also move all of the objects within it, making everything go crazy.

I think the ports idea is a good thing. Some projects only want one specific way into their lands though. But I think a boat from Vvardenfell to Skyrim would be a cool thing, although that could be argued against with the war between Morrowind and Skyrim.

Vvardenfell and Silgrad's separation is a good thing too. With the scale being multiplied for both of them, that would also scale up the distance, making it like an actual sea rather than a thin waterway.
Lol what?
08-08-2007, 07:48 AM,

Great! Thats the quickest and most clearifiing respons I got anywere.

One more thing, if TES4 cyro and vvardenfell take place at the same time, so during the oblivion invasion, will the oblivion invasion also take place in vvardenfell??

It should because people in cyrodill are talking about it no?

But I'd hate closing another 20 gates...

So maybe you could set an alliance with the sixth house our something?
They could leave vvardenfell alone because of the alliance or there could be just a minor presence. OR
Let them oblivion deamons fight alongside with te 6th house, or they wouldn't stand a chance after what hapened 6 years ago.

Just thinking out-loud here. I can take a punch =)

This might be in the wrong topic to, but I just starded exploring the forum.

greetz all!
08-08-2007, 09:03 AM,

I think the answer to all of the Oblivion gates is yes and no. As I'm not really involved with the Vvar team, I don't know all of their plans for sure. There is definately presence of Oblivion gates in Vvardenfell, because Ald-Ruhn was destroyed by a great gate like Kvatch. In lore, the city is supposed to be gone, but the Vvardenfell team is designing Ald-Ruhn in the stages of being rebuilt, so it's still a functioning city, just a broken one. I'm pretty sure I also heard of an Oblivion gate in Sadrith Mora from ingame dialogue that Telvanni wizards managed to close. I don't think there will be as many gates as in Cyrodiil. The Oblivion presence is greatest there because that's where the Mythic Dawn is and Cyrodiil is the main stage of Dagon's assaults. Attacks in the other provinces are most likely sort of a scare plot, just to create terror so no one will know how to react.

I've only read a few of the Vvardenfell's plans for House Dagoth, but from what I can gather they are currently a broken house no longer under the control of Dagoth Ur. They are no longer hostile towards the other houses, and are trying to make up for the mistakes of their previous leader. I think they are currently just refugees like House Indoril, just darting around under protection from the temple and the other houses, though I don't think House Dagoth will be treated very warmly.

And don't worry about talking about places where. As long as it's about Vvardenfell, it should be fine here. Topics can get off topic (that made very little sense) For example, we can start talking about food and end with a discussion about time. So you're fine. Big Grin
Lol what?
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM,
RE: Some global questions
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91

Yes and yes. There isn't enough room in Tamriel worldspace where Cyrodiil is situated. It's for the best, really. Silgrad Tower's sytem is nice, I think. Where you do actually have to travel (in some respect) to the actual teleport location. I think we're going for a boat trip, but we're still open for ideas! Big Grin

Dude, that gives me great idea! WE can put that dude in Ald Ruhn(SP) somewhere near border so he'll take you to Vvardenfell with his... Flying machine!
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM,
RE: Some global questions
Quote:Originally posted by Johnny-Luk@
Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91

Yes and yes. There isn't enough room in Tamriel worldspace where Cyrodiil is situated. It's for the best, really. Silgrad Tower's sytem is nice, I think. Where you do actually have to travel (in some respect) to the actual teleport location. I think we're going for a boat trip, but we're still open for ideas! Big Grin

Dude, that gives me great idea! WE can put that dude in Ald Ruhn(SP) somewhere near border so he'll take you to Vvardenfell with his... Flying machine!
that's a possibility, keep it in mind...

"first by carriage, and now by boat, to the east, to Morrowind"... or by flying machine!

hahaha beat that Azura! :lmao:
08-08-2007, 03:13 PM,

Lolz.

gipsy, ever heard about an worldspace? A worldspace is a place that you can fill up with land for 256 cells from the 0,0 axis. Traveling from worldspace to worldspace is only possible via a teleporter (doors, portals). Oblivion worlds, even the interior of cities, some quest world (like that painter quest) are in separate worldspaces.
Silgrad tower is using open cities: those are cities who doesn't have a seperate world space and are part in the common silgrad tower world.
08-08-2007, 03:31 PM,

thx blackbird, I think I got it by now :yes:

Will Vvardenfell have open cities? to preserve the original morrowind feel?

greetz
08-08-2007, 03:33 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by GiPSy
thx blackbird, I think I got it by now :yes:

Will Vvardenfell have open cities? to preserve the original Morrowind feel?

greetz

Of course, even Cyrodiil has open cities( mod). Why woudn't even Vvardenfell?
08-08-2007, 04:25 PM,

Indeed. We're going for the true feel, all of the cities that were open in Morrowind will be open here. Vivec is a concern however, since it's the largest city, is expanded, and is planned to be a more crowded and active place.
08-08-2007, 05:36 PM,

Good, cause it was dull on the outside in Morrowind. :goodjob:
Are you integrating the vaults, I always loved raiding those, and escaping from 20-30 ordinators, and getting out with crazy good stuff. lol. Big Grin
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha