Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something from the TES-Board
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM,
Something from the TES-Board
Slartibartfast1 from the TES board has repacked the Silgrad Tower 1-4_6 download:

Quote:I have taken the liberty of repackaging the 1-4_6 update whichy everyone should find less problematic than the original as the meshes and textures have been sorted out and you can simply extract to data files as you would any other mod.

Tower 1-4_6 repackaged

The link is valid for 7 days or 100 downloads whichever comes first, if anyone wants this at a later date then PM me and i will create a new link. The Silgrad team may use this download rather than the original if they wish to do so.

The repackaged download is 6.5 Mb smaller than the original for the following reasons.

1. I have removed some dirty references out of the esp and removed the 'internal release' out of the esp name. Publicly releasing mods with 'internal release' in the title has always been a source of confusion with the Silgrad downloads, as is the version numbers of their publicly released mods.

2. I have removed a load of junk files that are not needed, there were 2 folders of meshes that appear to be for Silgrads oblivion mod, these are sltw bb and sltw sc at least tesfiles did not select them when i repackaged the mod so i assume they are not required. there were some other junk files in there as well and may be a few more but the bulk have gone.

3. i converted the bmp and tga files into the more efficient dds format

4. i used 7zip to compress the files more efficiently than winrar does.

To play the mod you will need the main Silgrad Tower 1-4_3 it is on PES and the 1-4_6 update
Extract both to Morrowind> datafiles

Delete the 1-4_3 esp as it is not needed
from the Morrowind launcher enable Silgrad Tower 1-4_6.
TES-Thread (his post is on the second page)

He also announced an upcoming release of a texture fix for Silgrad Tower:

Quote:[...]Texture Fix - Silgrad Tower The first release of this mod is just about finished and will be released in the near future, version 1.0 will get rid of several hundred landscape seams from the landscape of Silgrad Tower as well as the newly added Blacklight mod, the city of blacklight has already had a major repaint with the Daedric road textures( that had been used extensively) replaced with Bitter Coast textures which are more in keeping with the general colour scheme.
Bob and his team are very welcome to use any of my work in their mod should they choose to do so.[...]
TES-Thread

Sounds mostly good to me.
10-23-2006, 02:07 PM,
RE: Something from the TES-Board
Thanks for sending that post, and MUCH thanks to Slartibartfast1 for taking care of something I should have done long ago

This is good news for Silgrad Tower !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:
:banana:
:bananarock:

Thank you
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-23-2006, 02:33 PM,

Are we going to use his work? At least parts of the texture fix should be included into the next release. The changes of the blacklight street textures should not be included. Those are against the original intentions of the modders.

Also the included but not needed meshes shouldn't be in the next version.

I don't know about the current state of your work regarding merging ST with VM but we should look about the dirty references Slartibartfast1 mentioned and deleted in the repack. I downloaded the repack an will look for those changes.
10-23-2006, 03:04 PM,

Its a good posibility

Its all cleaned up and stuff removed that is not needed I would say yes once we have a look and are satisfied, then yes

No changing to Blacklight without Rodans consent so I agree on the street textures !

Well the current state is ...its together. now it still has lots of landscaping to do and some holes to fill but it wasnt a large task to perform and I wouldn't mind doing it again if we go with the re-packed mod as a base... I can always use practice

Thanks for taking the time to look let me know what you find Smile

Bob

10-23-2006, 03:11 PM,

Then you should take the easier way. When it is easier to fix the dirty references out of your file, do this. If it is easier to merge the fixed esp with VM do this.

Anather question: can we take this texture fix and merge it into our main file?
10-23-2006, 03:26 PM,

lol

easier...nothing is easier for me Smile

Adding the VM was pretty easy and Like I said, its good practice for me to work on the landscapes, their really is much area between the 2 mods that needs work, I allready have a saved version of VM which removed all the overlapping landmass, so connecting back together with a revised Silgrad would be much less work for me.

I'll need to look at it first and with your input and the input of others we can say yea or nay ?

thanks
Bob

10-23-2006, 03:44 PM,

Sounds good to me.
10-24-2006, 05:50 AM,

I loaded it up this evening to check it out, Princess Stomper had indicated that the bar pieces in Reich Parkeep were default markers I was a bit concerned so I had to check it out...sure enough they were ! So I looked at all the other areas where we had added new custom meshes and yup, they to were default markers.

Good news though... I did remember to keep these custom meshes this time ( I had deleted some once before....I was not happy with myself )

so all is right with the world again

Now its just a matter of adding the VM mod back in, no problem their shouldn't take long

Bob

10-25-2006, 01:58 PM,

I m currently in the process of creating before/after screenshots for the imminent release of Texture Fix for Silgrad Tower and thought you might be interested in seeing what the landscape might look like for anyone using High resolution textures in and around Blacklight.

The screenshots are best viewed in fullscreen mode in a viewer of your choice, they are numbered in the correct order, simply view from left to right in sequence.

Texture Fix - Silgrad Screenshots
10-25-2006, 03:58 PM,

Howdy

Very Nice Work

My understanding is that this Texture Fix will elimate or reduce the need to use a vertex coloring to blend in differences in the terrain textures as it will make all terrain textures compatible.

Is this correct ?

Thanks Much

Bob